49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24

49erscap

• 3 weeks later...

49ers effective cap space is 2.7 million this takes into account players under contract, draft picks etc...

But they still have plenty of flexibility.

With a simple re-structure the 49ers can open up a little over $65m in space

With a maximum re-structure they can create $90 million in space

In comparison to the rest of the league the 49ers have above average flexibility to create cap room for the current year

(or in other words, we still have plenty of room left on the credit card)

Edited by Herodreamer79

13 hours ago, Herodreamer79 said:

49ers effective cap space is 2.7 million this takes into account players under contract, draft picks etc...

But they still have plenty of flexibility.

With a simple re-structure the 49ers can open up a little over $65m in space

With a maximum re-structure they can create $90 million in space

In comparison to the rest of the league the 49ers have above average flexibility to create cap room for the current year

(or in other words, we still have plenty of room left on the credit card)

Where did you see the $90M space thing from restructures, really the 49ers only have 5 options to create cap room with restructures, CMC, Kittle, Trent, AA, & Warner, then Bosa's extension. But to do all of them would be a mistake, it would screw the 2024 and beyond cap.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 10:57 AM, 49erscap said:

Where did you see the $90M space thing from restructures, really the 49ers only have 5 options to create cap room with restructures, CMC, Kittle, Trent, AA, & Warner, then Bosa's extension. But to do all of them would be a mistake, it would screw the 2024 and beyond cap.

https://overthecap.com/restructure

Yes they still have to pay Bosa, but they've planned for this. 

What do you think a realistic contract could look like for guys like Brendel, Moseley, and Brunskill? 

For Brendel, I was looking at Ben Jones' contract and Justin Britt from last offseason for a starting point. Maybe something like 2 yr / $10mil?

For Moseley, I was thinking Casey Hayward's contract from last year might work as a starting point? 2 yr / $11 mil. I think the Niners would want to get him locked up for at least 3 years and make the first year a lower cap hit with the ability to get out of it after year 1 if he's not healthy.

For Brunskill, I'm struggling to find a comp because what do you pay him as? He can play every position and has in the past. Maybe it's Andrew Norwell's 2/10 or AJ Cann's 2/8.5? Both signed their deals last year at 30 yrs old.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NinerNation21 said:

What do you think a realistic contract could look like for guys like Brendel, Moseley, and Brunskill? 

For Brendel, I was looking at Ben Jones' contract and Justin Britt from last offseason for a starting point. Maybe something like 2 yr / $10mil?

For Moseley, I was thinking Casey Hayward's contract from last year might work as a starting point? 2 yr / $11 mil. I think the Niners would want to get him locked up for at least 3 years and make the first year a lower cap hit with the ability to get out of it after year 1 if he's not healthy.

For Brunskill, I'm struggling to find a comp because what do you pay him as? He can play every position and has in the past. Maybe it's Andrew Norwell's 2/10 or AJ Cann's 2/8.5? Both signed their deals last year at 30 yrs old.

I really want to bring back Mosley but I really wonder if we do? Towards the end Lenoir started looking really good and I have to imagine they want him to start next year along with Womack playing the nickel. It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t bring E-man back. Granted I do think we will get depth pieces in either the draft or FA, but I think E-man may follow Demeco and get paid. 

39 minutes ago, StevenK said:

I really want to bring back Mosley but I really wonder if we do? Towards the end Lenoir started looking really good and I have to imagine they want him to start next year along with Womack playing the nickel. It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if they don’t bring E-man back. Granted I do think we will get depth pieces in either the draft or FA, but I think E-man may follow Demeco and get paid. 

They’ve already stated that they want Moseley back, so if the money is right, he’ll be back.

I like Lenoir but if we can get Moseley back, we should absolutely do it. You can’t have enough corners.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

Brendel I would say either $5M or $6M a yr is what he may be able to get, I'd do a 3yr deal, with easy out after yr 1.

Moseley I think will have to take a 1yr deal, not sure anyone will give him the multi year deal he wants coming off the ACL injury, so base $5M, up to $10M with incentives.

Brunskill I haven't thought of much what his value may be, I think if I had to guess, somewhere in the $4M-$5M a yr

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

Jimmie Ward's contract officially voided today. If he was coming back, I think that they would have tried like hell to get him to sign an extension before today. 

I didn't expect him back. I was actually a little surprised he came back after his last contract. He's a very good player, but I think he goes out and tries to get paid as much as possible before it's to late. He'll be 32 before the season starts, so that window may have already passed for him unfortunately. 

I think the only way he's back is if he goes out there and has a cold market. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

What exactly does this mean?

blades-of-glory-will-ferrell.gif

I'm assuming it takes into account LTBE incentives that weren't met and things of that nature, and gives us our true cap number. 

• Like 1

• 49erscap changed the title to 49ers 2024 Salary Cap Thread, Cap Room=$6,197,214 as of 4/13/24