Rams vs Saints

MDY10

Stafford's injury is unfortunate. Though do think he was protected well today all things considered. Only took 2 hits. And 1 was more of bad luck with players at this feet.

The defense absolutely killed this game. Gave us no chance to win in a game where we didn't turn the ball over and had a semblance of a running game.

• Like 1

Just now, LeotheLion said:

Stafford's injury is unfortunate. Though do think he was protected well today all things considered. Only took 2 hits. And 1 was more of bad luck with players at this feet.

The defense absolutely killed this game. Gave us no chance to win in a game where we didn't turn the ball over and had a semblance of a running game.

Offense wasn’t good today.. but they were better than the defense up until Stafford went down. 

4 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

It’s mind blowing how there isn’t a single thing that can go our way every single game. 

Part of that is we don't press enough. The refs today were unfortunate. There were several calls against us that could have also gone against NO. But obviously that isn't why we lost. We lost because Dalton completed 88% of his passes against soft coverage.

I wonder if McVay gets fired after this. If he does, he would be making history and not in a good way. He would be the first ever head coach fired by the defending Super Bowl champions a year after winning the Super Bowl.

1 minute ago, pf9 said:

I wonder if McVay gets fired after this. If he does, he would be making history and not in a good way. He would be the first ever head coach fired by the defending Super Bowl champions a year after winning the Super Bowl.

NO chance he gets fired for this season. 

3 hours ago, MDY10 said:

My god Mcvay. Why are you in shot gun for a run play on 4th and 1

Yup. Blows my mind how a head coach can't understand why this is a bad idea, but me sitting on the coach drinking a beer can call it out before the play starts. 

2 hours ago, Flounch said:

In this game not even 1 screen play was called....

It's just not who he is. He's a great playcaller when you have a dynamic offense but can't adjust when things go sideways. 

I really don't want it to sound like I'm turning on him because he's done so much for our franchise it's crazy, but he's not there right now. He's making more questionable calls than I've ever seen and he can't get the players motivated anymore. Time to play the young guys, see what he wants to do in the offseason, and try to rebuild a little. I'm guessing Stafford won't be playing much longer with all of his injuries and AD will probably call it a career, so it would be worth looking into moving some guys like Ramsey or Floyd this offseason and sure up the OL again for the next QB that comes in.