BDL 2022 Week 11 - Singapore Sentinels @ Death Valley Nightmare

RedGold

Who Wins?   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Singapore Sentinels
    • Death Valley Nightmare

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/24/2022 at 05:00 AM

BDL 2022 Week 11

Match:  Singapore Sentinels @ Death Valley Nightmare

Away Owner: @SirA1

Home Owner: @wwhickok

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Singapore Sentinels
QB: Derek Carr
RB1: Kenyan Drake  (4.7 YPC)
WR1: Mike Evans
WR2:  Davante Adams
TE1: Foster Moreau
TE2: Jonnu Smith
LT: Orlando Brown Jr.
LG: Tyler Smith
OC: Jake Brendel
RG: Matt Feiler 
RT: Mike McGlinchey  
--------------------
QB2/RB2: Daniel Jones (5.6 YPC)
RB3: Kareem Hunt
RB4: James Cook
WR3: DeVonta Smith
WR4: Jakobi Meyers
WR5: Jauan Jennings
Jumbo: Yodny Cajuste
OL7: Jedrick Wills Jr

RE: Melvin Ingram III  
DT: Charles Omenihu
NT: D.J. Jones 
LE: Uchenna Nwosu 

WLB: JOK 
MLB: Ja’Whaun Bentley
OLB: Dre Greenlaw

CB: Charvarius “Mooney” Ward 
CB: Jonathan Jones
S: Devin McCourty
S: Adrian Phillips 
--------------------

DE3: Odafe Oweh
DE4: Markus Golden
DT2/NT2: Johnathan Hankins
LB4: Mack Wilson
CB3: Kendall Fuller 
CB4: Desmond King II
S3: John Johnson III

S4: Jabrill Peppers 

Death Valley Nightmare

Offensive Starting Lineup

QB: Lamar Jackson
RB:  Derrick Henry
WR1: Darnell Mooney
WR2:  Michael Gallup
WR3(Slot):  Jahan Dotson
TE: Dawson Knox
LT:  Penei Sewell
LG: Jonah Jackson
C : Creed Humphrey
RG:  Alex Cappa
RT:  Morgan Moses

Bench:

QB: Zach Wilson
RB: Cordarrelle Patterson
RB: Michael Carter
RB: Jaylen Warren
WR: Devin Duvernay
TE: Tyler Conklin
OT: Andrew Wylie
OG: Kevin Dotson

Defensive Starting Lineup

LEO: Brian Burns
3T: Javon Hargrave
1T: Leonard Williams
5T: Cam Heyward
LB; Jerremy Chinn
LB: Bobby Wagner
CB1:  Carlton Davis
CB2: Anthony Brown
S: Jordan Whithead
S: Javon Holland
S:  Vonn Bell

Bench:

DE: Lorenzo Carter
DT: Calais Campbell
LB: Zaven Collins
LB: Zaire Franklin

CB: Darren Hall
CB: Michael Jackson
NB Darious Williams
S: Xavier Woods

Edited by RedGold

Singapore Sentinels

Motivation: The BDL Playoffs continue for us in The Abyss. The Hate will be as strong as the heat this week. Singapore would like to announce a new partnership with Body Armour to help keep our attack Hydra-ted throughout the game. 

Defensive Strategy

Formation:  4-3 “Under” / 4-2-5 Big Nickel

Focus: It’s all about the trenches. We are going to stop the run as the Nightmare think they are invincible at that part of their game. Isolate and attack Andrew Wylie on the edge.

DL - D.J. Jones is going to line up over the Center and attack the A Gap between their C-RG, forcing a double team. Charles Omenihu will slide inside and bring his trademark Scissor Swipe against their LG on his way to the QB, collapsing the pocket and forcing errant throws. Mark Ingram will compound the overload of the Left side against Penei, his sacks have all come against Mobile QBs this season like Josh Allen and Justin Fields. This will isolate RT Wylie (7 penalties, 6 sacks) against Uchenna Nwosu (7 Sacks) and allow him to manhandle Wylie to put pressure on Lamar. This is the way. Bench guys do their thing. Oweh has always been a solid run stopper.

LB - We expect a lot of Zone Read and RPO this week. We welcome back JOK at the right time of the season. Owusu-Koramoah has the speed and agility to make things more difficult for DV’s passing game while also being able to chase down QB Lamar Jackson on scrambles (Spy!). Bentley will be focusing on Henry (4.4 YPC) this week filling the right side B gap to shut down running lanes. Greenlaw will be up on the LOS covering Dawson. If they try to double team the Edge with a TE it frees Greenlaw up to Blitz.

Secondary - Cover 1 Man Hybrid

My RBs will likely be much maligned this week even though they get 50% or more of their snaps and are solid. These DVN WRs are all mostly Slot WR masquerading as Outside WR. Jonathan Jones will shadow Gallup on the outside and has been up to the task this year as a No1 CB. “Mooney” Ward likewise has been lights out so far and will cover the opposing Mooney in a winner take all death match in Death Valley for their naming rights. Fuller and King give us some names on the bench.

Devin McCourty will be responsible for the deep middle. We are basically going to flood the middle with defenders and take it away to force Lamar to throw outside. Underneath, Adrian Phillips will be in a Rat/Robber role and as an extra guy in the box for Henry. He spent over a 100 snaps at LB recently and can hold up at the point of attack. John Johnson is our big nickel S this week. 

Coverage Assignments:
·         Michael Gallup / Jonathan Jones - CB
·         Darnell Mooney / “Mooney” Ward - CB
          Jahan Dotson  / Kendall Fuller - CB
·         Dawson Knox / Dre Greenlaw - LB 
          Derrick Henry  / Ja’Whaun Bentley - LB  

Interlude: 
We lost our future stud RB Khalil Herbert for the season to injury so his time will be next season when he is the undisputed starter IRL. The Nightmares will likely think our running game is dead because they thought it was a bunch of backups to begin with. They like to rely only on Henry and their backup running back Jackson to get the job done but it takes more than that IMO. I’ve always preferred the RBBC and the next man up is actually out-snapping Henry and playing the same percentage with a better YPC so I am not sure how he is considered a backup. We also have a former running champ that will get the opportunity next season to shine in a starting role. We know the potential and past of our guys and will unleash them in the now.

Offensive Strategy
Scheme:  Pass (45%) vs Run (55%)
Formations:  2 TE (45%)/ 2 RB (25%)/ 3 WR Bunch formation (30%)

Our primary formation will contain a single back, two tight ends and two boundary receivers. We will overload the DV DL and run the ball grinding the clock to both wear down their defenders and keep their offense off the field. Their corners are no match for our receivers one on one so we will use play action to set up some deep passes that our boys should be able to win on contested catches.

Rushing - We will use a triple headed monster this week. Drake will split carries with both Daniel Jones and Kareem Hunt. Jones will be in mostly on 2 RB back fields and get toss sweeps where he will have RPO to hit a deep receiver or releasing TE. Jones will also be used in a Taysom Hill type role for direct snaps.  We will use power runs to attack the DVN DL and set up the pass for Carr with some play action. In place of a 2nd TE we will bring in Cajuste and Wills as a Jumbo to help double team the Edge. With Kwitty Paye being out this week we want to test the depth of the Nightmare. We will run some Jet sweeps with Smith, Meyers and Adams when they cycle in for their snaps.

Passing - Mike Evans and Davante Adams are the outside WRs. We are looking to isolate them against the DVN CBs and let them do their thing. Adams will be running a search route allowing him to adjust to the coverage DV deploys. In a two deep look he will curl under and take what they are offering over the middle. In a single high look with man coverage he will go deep and take his odds on making the contested catches. Evans will use his size to bully the defenders. DeVonta Smith and Jakobi Meyers will come in for the bunch look as we will look to eventually take advantage of a tired out Nightmare front 7 and pick on their wafer thin secondary missing Byron Murphy and possibly Anthony Brown this week.

TL:DR; We are going to pound the rock and wear out the defense, while limiting the time the Nightmare gets the ball. Isolate their CBs and use our superior weapons to defeat DVN.

Death Valley

Motivation:  This is an opportunity to secure my place within my division and the playoffs. I am laser focused on that goal , and added motivation, this will be the final regular season home game in Death Valley.

I bring a balanced team that matches up perfectly to take advantage of Singapore's weaknesses and neutralize their strengths.

Offense

I suspect Singapore expects me to go run heavy. Here's the thing, but I do not believe that they can conistently stop it. No Dre'Mont Jones, no Aaron Donald, No Matt Ioannidis, no Azeez Ojulari, who they traded assets away for, and no Arik Armstead. Their DL depth has significantly diminished.

I intend to utilize a  No Huddle/Ball Control offense for 80% of this game and I will be running the ball 60% of the game (to include designed QB runs), the other 40% will be passing & RPOs.

I intend to use Derrick Henry as per usual as the workhorse pounding the middle of the defensive line. I am going to use Patterson in multiple ways; I will use him on inside & outside runs, short passing to the outside and motioning into the slot as a receiver. Jaylen Warren will have a few carries as a 'spell back'.  Michael Carter will see time as a receiving option in 2 RB Sets. I will use Henry a couple of times out of the backfield as a receiver as well

I am also going to mix in some 6 OL formations bringing Wylie in as an additional run blocker to further wear down the defense.

We are going to use more 3WR sets and 2 TE sets, in addition to the 2 RB sets, in this game to utlize both receiving and blocking options for rushers off the edge. 

Lamar Jackson will have several designed runs in this game and free reign to use his feet as an  option on passing plays.

In the passing game we are going to test this defense deep multiple times with Mooney & Dotson.

I intend to attack the edges and the middle of the field fairly equally. I will send both TEs and Wide Receivers across the middle to take advantage of mismatches. Use TEs on Post, Seam, In/Out routes and Curl routes.

The Wide Receivers will have the entire route tree available to them.

No one in this secondary scares me, they're all relatively average.

Going back to the no huddle, I plan to chew the clock at the line but no huddle to wear down their front 7 and control the game. I am NOT utilizing the hurry up offense.

* I will run same offense with Zach Wilson should Jackson miraculously be inactive.

Defense

Should they decide to start Daniel Jones instead of Carr, I will be prepared,  Chinn' role will shift from exclusively being the flat zone/shallow middle to his side, his primary assignment will be as a Spy on Jones. This will be the plan in "Jones packages" as well if they are present during the game.

I am preparing a 4WR attack in this game especially with the trade of Jacobs, the injury to Herbert. Kareem Hunt and Kenyan Drake will be their running game this week, I do not believe they can beat me with a ball controlled running game.  It could be enough to keep them at least semi relevant in the running game but theyre going to have to rely on their passing game to have any chance to win  Davante likely gets moved around, including into the Slot, which I am prepared for.

I intend to run mostly Zone in this game, especially with Carr at QB who is particularly terrible against zone coverage.

I intend to use bracket coverage with a CB and a Safety on Davante and shade the other deep Safety to Evans.

In this game I will be running 4-2-5 and 3-2-6.

In the 4-2-5 Bobby Wagner will be responsible for the middle zone and flat area to his side, Jeremy Chinn wiĺl be responsible for the zone to his side of the field to include the flat.  I will line them up to the outer edge of the Defense to force the running game inside. I don't believe they will be able ro consistently run the ball against our interior DL.

Jevon Holland wil play underneath coverage in a Nickel like role in the intermediate zone.

When in the 3-2-6, our Nickel CB will play zone in the middle. Jevon Holland will move into a robber role.

I also plan to rush the passer. I believe we can get home with our 4 defensive linemen but i will occassionally blitz a 5th, either Jevon Hollanrd or Jeremy Chinn. If Chinn blitzes Holland will take over Chinn's Zone responsibilities in addition to his own. 

In the 3-2-5 we will sometimes send Holland or Chinn on a blitz as additional pressure .

Again to the run,  I've stated before we want to try to keep them to the inside,  with Wagner, Chinn, and Holland covering the shallow and intermediate zones, they will be our primary run defense outside of the edges of the Dline.

The Tight End will be covered by our 'centerfield zones underneath.

*Collins will come in for Chinn against heavy formations except 3rd and 5 or more..

I will rotate the defensive bench players in to keep guys fresh.

***If Anthony Brown is inactive Darren Hall will fill his role.

***If Chinn is inactive Collins will start in his place.

3-2-6 Alignment
DE: Leonard Williams
NT: Javon Hargrave
DE: Cam Heyward
LB; Jeremy Chinn
LB: Bobby Wagner
CB1:  Carlton Davis
CB2: Anthony Brown
NCB: Darious Williams
S: Jordan Whithead
S: Javon Holland
S:  Vonn Bell

Edited by RedGold

7 hours ago, RedGold said:

Michael Gallup / Jonathan Jones - CB
·         Darnell Mooney / “Mooney” Ward - CB
          Jahan Dotson  / Kendall Fuller - CB
·         Dawson Knox / Dre Greenlaw - LB 
          Derrick Henry  / Ja’Whaun Bentley - LB  

I haven’t read Death Valley’s plan yet your but I’ve seen the lineups and read your defense (haven’t gotten to offense I like seeing the defense first usually it’s always offense, nice change) @SirA1. So how are you matching up all this coverage. Having Adrian Phillips in the rat/robber role, McCourty deep, JOK spying Lamar and having a four man dline? 

9 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

I haven’t read Death Valley’s plan yet your but I’ve seen the lineups and read your defense (haven’t gotten to offense I like seeing the defense first usually it’s always offense, nice change) @SirA1. So how are you matching up all this coverage. Having Adrian Phillips in the rat/robber role, McCourty deep, JOK spying Lamar and having a four man dline? 

If he goes to 3WR I will be in Nickel and Fuller will have Dotson with Greenlaw coming off and Phillips taking over the TE coverage. None of his WR require double coverage IMO they are nothing special.

Edited by SirA1

I’ll say it was smart for Wes to switch in Moses for Wylie. Wylie has allowed 29 pressures coming into the week on 418 pass block reps for a 6.9% pressure rate while Moses has allowed 10 pressures including yesterday’s game on 329 pass block attempts for exactly 3% and has played his best games of the season the last three games. And Singapore wants to attack and isolate Wylie who isn’t starting at RT. Singapore has an elite receiver group and Adams absolutely cooked my guy Surtain and like he said the DV receivers aren’t stars. Phillips will no longer be in a robber role in nickel and so there will be deep single high with no middle zone/robber. Death Valley is going to attack outside and inside about even it appears. Even with JOK playing spy which he is a very good player if coverage is ran off due to man you have 4 Dlinemen and a spy backer against 5 olinemen and Lamar’s running ability. Omenihu has been a solid pass rusher this year we will see how he does tonight but struggled even at end against the run. Moving him inside against a team that wants to run heavy with Henry, who is running behind arguably the leagues best center with two strong run blocking tackles and solid guards will be something to consider. Omenihu has had his best two weeks the last two weeks of the season and has played 51 snaps inside of his 314 defensive snaps inside this season so 16.2% so he has played some inside although I’m not sure if it’s been primarily on third down as a pass rusher I’ll have to look into splits more. But it’s up to us to use our players how we want as many use outside corners as nickels, safeties at linebacker, slot receivers as outside receivers etc. So using Omenihu inside is not a problem just one has to determine if he will be successful there against what DV is running at Singapore. 

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

So using Omenihu inside is not a problem just one has to determine if he will be successful there against what DV is running at Singapore. 

He's 280 lbs and played in a 3-4 in Houston before Lovie got there. He is fine inside. He actually does it in San Fran too and moves inside.

5 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

He's 280 lbs and played in a 3-4 in Houston before Lovie got there. He is fine inside. He actually does it in San Fran too and moves inside.

I mentioned how he has played 16.2% of his snaps inside. I also think isolating Uchenna Nwosu against Morgan Moses is going to cause some problems for you against the run. Uchenna has been pretty good all around this year but I just don’t like that matchup against the run.

4 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

I mentioned how he has played 16.2% of his snaps inside. I also think isolating Uchenna Nwosu against Morgan Moses is going to cause some problems for you against the run. Uchenna has been pretty good all around this year but I just don’t like that matchup against the run.

Fair enough. I generally don't like to specifically do that in a gameplan because I think you should just put your players out there and let the voters decide in their minds how it plays out but I knew this week to convince some people that I would have to deviate from my norm.

• Like 1

Some Box Score Scouting for my pitiful Running attack.

The future looks bright at least.

Kenyan Drake 10 carries 46 yards (4.6 YPC)

Daniel Jones 7 carries 50 yards 1 TD (7.1 YPC)

Kareem Hunt 5 carries 32 yards (6.4 YPC) led team in yards lol

James Cook 11 carries 86 yards (7.8 YPC) 

Edited by SirA1

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Good stuff on the top 3. You mention them as a triple headed monster you have no mention of using Cook.

Again anyone on the bench I always assume will play at some point. Getting dinged for not mentioning all 16 bench guys in a game plan is dumb IMO. It's just word vomit at that point.

Edited by SirA1