BDL 2022 Week 11 - Singapore Sentinels @ Death Valley Nightmare

RedGold

Who Wins?   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Singapore Sentinels
    • Death Valley Nightmare

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/24/2022 at 05:00 AM

Even game. I like the DVN front four a lot from a talent perspective. I think even though they commit to stopping the pass, having Heyward set the edge gives them a good shot to slow down the run game of Singapore.

By the same token, I see the Singapore defense getting a fair share of stops. That pass rush is pretty mid but I like their overall gameplan to contain the no huddle, but non uptempo DVN offense.

I see this as more of a defensive struggle with some big plays on both sides. I think the loss of a guy like Chidobe Awuzie who was arguably a top 5 CB and the new look Singapore WR group is the difference. Carlton Davis can get some stops but I think whether it’s Adams (who played well against a potential all pro in Surtain) or Evans against Brown leads to a big play that DVN doesn’t over come.

On 11/21/2022 at 6:59 PM, SirA1 said:

I never expected your vote for obvious reasons so continuing this nitpicking to justify things is not necessary.

I reread this game three times. The bold has nothing to do with my vote but if that’s what will be assumed that’s fine I’ve been guilty of claiming people were against me. I want to scrap that mentality and I don’t want anyone to think that of me in return. But not much I can do about that. Now to my reasoning. I don’t think DV ignored the run as much as most think. I think Omenihu is a hell of a pass rusher this season he had 8 pressures on Monday. But he hasn’t been very good against the run. The Nwosu isolated on Moses and then Humphrey likely handles Jones leaving Cappa moving to a backer. Knox moves to the second level as he has been a strong run blocker this year and takes Phillips now you have JOK on Lamar and Henry. Also playing man against Lamar with just JOK as spy I just think it’s enough for Death Valley to squeak out a win. This one is close and I considered not voting for the assumption above but I can’t let that stop me from participating and being honest with my opinions. The passing game is going to be hard to contain with Adams and Evans but I think the run game for DV does enough to keep their chances more limited than they would like.