Panthers @ Ravens game discussion

AngusMcFife

Glad we got the win.

I still hate Greg Roman with all of my being. I hate that Lamar started listening to outside noise and stop running the got damn football. I hate the NFL and these stupid reviews that can't be reviewed but take 10 minutes to tell us it can't be reviewed. I hate them blowing the whistle. I also hate that Duvernay is being wasted and on a milk carton.

OK, bye.

18 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Shoutout Demarcus Robinson

Pretty much was the offense today for 3.5 quarters 

Yeah him and Andrews.

Roman needs to figure out how to make Andrews, Likely, Robinson, and Duvernay work on the field together.

Because Proche is a walking penalty as a blocker and so he can’t be relied upon. Tylan Wallace does nothing well. And that’s it.

I mean these guys make me wish for the days of Miles Boykin… at least he was a good blocker. These guys are just wasting roster spots at this point.

Speaking of not being good, Chuck Clark needs to be the safety benched when Williams gets back and not Hamilton (if it’s not serious 🤞) or Geno Stone, his effort and play have been highly questionable. Sometimes it feels like, considering his play in the past, that he’s going out of his way to make intentionally poor plays out of spite (for the team drafting Hamilton), while playing just well enough so that he’s not bounced out of the league.

• Like 1

It’s absolutely clear to me at least the WR is #1 draft need. We’ll likely be losing a bunch of our veteran rushers so that’ll be somewhat concerning, but we at least have Ojabo, Bowser, Madubuike, and Oweh to work with.

Corner could also be a high round pick as well, but man, this WR situation is the most pathetic it’s been in a long while. I can’t remember a worse WR unit in recent memory.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Shoutout Demarcus Robinson

Pretty much was the offense today for 3.5 quarters 

Whoever ends up being a starting WR here ends up producing out of necessity or w/e. They all whine about the system and opportunities, but the data suggests that these guys don't have more receiving production outside of Roman/Lamar than they do here. Michael Crabtree, John Brown, Willie Snead, Seth Roberts, Miles Boykin, Sammy Watkins.... Hollywood is a TBD, he's had hotter starts with Lamar. But the rest of them, you can't say (at the points in the careers they were) that they got more production/usage anywhere else.

Which again means we are limiting this offense by not getting Lamar a real and reliable WR1!!!

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, diamondbull424 said:

It’s absolutely clear to me at least the WR is #1 draft need. We’ll likely be losing a bunch of our veteran rushers so that’ll be somewhat concerning, but we at least have Ojabo, Bowser, Madubuike, and Oweh to work with.

Corner could also be a high round pick as well, but man, this WR situation is the most pathetic it’s been in a long while. I can’t remember a worse WR unit in recent memory.

Lol if we take a receiver he will be bad or injury prone, or both.

this franchise has no idea what a receiver even is 

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

One of the big differences is that it doesn't seem like he can avoid spies any longer consistently, which is rather disappointing.

I don’t think it’s as much that he can’t avoid them as it is they can be more aggressive because we don’t have the threat of beating anyone deep… at least with Hollywood and even with Bateman it was a viable outside threat that forced more people out of contain position because the safety and linebackers had to play deeper in their drops… with no real deep threat they can play downhill and rally to the ball a lot easier which shrinks the field and puts extra defenders in position for Lamar’s scramble opportunities… it’s disappointing because we’re one brandin cooks type caliber receiver away from being truly dynamic… 

• Like 1