Jump to content
EliteTexan80

2018 Comeback Player of the Year?

Recommended Posts

I don't know about you guys, but I can't remember a season where so many big time names have suffered season ending injuries. I'm a glass half full kinda guy, so I'm thinking ahead - most notably, who do you think might be the Comeback Player of the Year in 2018?

A few names to consider (feel free to add your own):

  • Aaron Rodgers
  • Andrew Luck
  • Deshaun Watson
  • Sam Bradford
  • Ryan Tannehill
  • Carson Palmer
  • David Johnson
  • Dalvin Cook
  • Spencer Ware
  • Odell Beckham
  • Julian Edelman
  • Allen Robinson
  • Greg Olson
  • Joe Thomas
  • Jason Peters
  • Joe Staley
  • Zach Strief
  • Marshall Yanda
  • Forrest Lamp
  • Mike Iupati
  • JJ Watt
  • Donta Hightower
  • Tamba Hali
  • Whitney Mercilius
  • Jason Verrett
  • Richard Sherman
  • Kam Chancellor
  • Eric Berry
  • Malik Hooker

Your thoughts?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Deshaun Watson or Dalvin Cook IMO. Outside chances of Richard Sherman and JJ Watt. But IMO I feel like you already have to be a star to win this award recently, so those are the guys with the best shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope that JJ Watt and Kam Chancellor are able to play football again after their recent injuries/potential diagnosis, and the same for Sam Bradford.

Edited by MWil23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rodgers has the inside track IMO. 

He’ll probably play at his normal level on a playoff team with gaudy stats. Plus, Brady may finally enter round 12 with Father Time, allowing Rodgers to be the sole holder of “best QB in the league” title. 

Tons of guys to consider though. I hope Bridgewater makes it interesting and he’s got a better story IMO. All depends on how he plays and where he goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly think it's going to be Odell Beckham Jr. He's already a very well known name with a track record of great play - but more importantly, there's no way the Giants are going to be as bad as they are right now. An improvement along with standard production that we expect from Beckham will put him in a position to win the award.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if all fit (they wont be) it's JJ Watt, because JJ Watt is the most dominant player of our generation. To the point where he breaks metrics and grading scales of companies that analyse players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I honestly think it's going to be Odell Beckham Jr. He's already a very well known name with a track record of great play - but more importantly, there's no way the Giants are going to be as bad as they are right now. An improvement along with standard production that we expect from Beckham will put him in a position to win the award.

Forgot all about OBJ. 

Some interesting things to consider with his situation though. Is it going to be Eli (+1 year older) throwing him the ball? Are the tackles going to be addressed? What kind of offense is it going to be? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Well if all fit (they wont be) it's JJ Watt, because JJ Watt is the most dominant player of our generation. To the point where he breaks metrics and grading scales of companies that analyse players. 

Was. I am pessimistic that he won't be the same. Those back injuries are brutal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I hope Eric Berry comes back with a monster season next year. 

He'd be the first person to win two, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:
53 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Well if all fit (they wont be) it's JJ Watt, because JJ Watt is the most dominant player of our generation. To the point where he breaks metrics and grading scales of companies that analyse players. 

Was. I am pessimistic that he won't be the same. Those back injuries are brutal.

Yeah, I'm trying to think positive about this, but the last two seasons have really been bad for his body. I'm hoping for the same superhuman but...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My thoughts?

 

THUNDER DOME!

28 men enter... 1 man leaves as Comeback POTY.

(Everyone else gets fed to Blaster, because he's a growing boy...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Yeah, I'm trying to think positive about this, but the last two seasons have really been bad for his body. I'm hoping for the same superhuman but...

Yeah, for the sake of all football fans entertainment I really hope he comes back looking like his old self. I just know from experience what those injuries do and it would NOT be easy to overcome those and continue to perform at typical JJ Watt levels. Easy guy to pull for and I think everyone is rooting for him..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

He'd be the first person to win two, right?

I don't know of anyone to win 2 comeback awards, but I sure hope Berry is able to pull it off next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×