BDL 2022 Week 11 - Gotham Gashslayers @ Hungary Hippos

VigilantZombie

Who Wins?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Gotham Gashslayers
    • Hungary Hippos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/24/2022 at 05:00 AM

BDL 2022 Week 11

Match:  Gotham Gashslayers @ Hungary Hippos

Away Owner:  @Whicker

Home Owner: @PR @RandyMossIsBoss

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both.

Edited by wwhickok

Gotham

Offense

QB – Mac Jones
RB – Caleb Huntley
WR – Tyreek Hill
WR – DeAndre Hopkins
WR – Tee Higgins
WR – Christian Kirk
LT – Jake Matthews
LG – Laken Tomlinson
C – Scott Quessenberry
RG – Shaq Mason
RT – Taylor Moton

Bench

QB – Jacoby Brissett
RB – Clyde Edwards-Helaire
RB – Jeff Wilson
WR – Alec Pierce
TE – Juwan Johnson
TE – Adam Trautman
OL – Greg van Roten
OL – Jack Conklin

Defense

LE – Demarcus Lawrence
DT – Chris Jones

DT – Shelby Harris
RE – Arnold Ebiketie
LB – Germaine Pratt
LB – Jamin Davis
CB – Ahmad Gardner
CB – Xavien Howard
CB – Tyson Campbell
S – Tre'Von Moehrig

S – Terrell Edmunds

Bench

Edge – AJ Espenesa
Edge – Chandler Jones
Int – Fletcher Cox
Int – Perrion Winfrey
LB – Malik Harrison
CB – Rock Ya-Sin
CB – Andrew Booth Jr
S – Darnell Savage

Hungary

Offense

QB: Dak Prescott

RB: Joe Mixon

WR: DK Metcalf

WR: Tyler Lockett

WR: Adam Thielen

TE: TJ Hockenson

LT: Duane Brown

LG: Brady Christensen

C- Tyler Linderbaum

RG: Brandon Schereff

RT: Trent Brown

Bench

RB: James Robinson

RB: Brian Robinson

RB: Rachaad White

WR: Maquise Goodwin

WR: AJ Green

TE: Ian Thomas

OL Charles Leno

OL Andrus Peat

Defense

Edge: Emmanuel Ogbah

DT: DaVon Hamilton

DT: Armon Watts

Edge: Oshane Ximines

LB: Shaq Thompson

LB: Logan Wilson

CB: Cameron Sutton

FS: Harrison Smith

SS: Chuck Clark

NB/S: Kareem Jackson

CB: Roger McCreary

Bench

Edge: Carlos Dunlap

Edge: Kingsley Enagbare

DT: Ndakumong Suh

DT: Larry Ogunjobi

LB: Josh Bynes

LB: Denzel Perryman

CB: Fabian Moreau

CB: Amani Oruwariye

Edited by wwhickok

Gotham

This week we face one of our top rivals in PR. Although we've both come quite a ways since our I-35 matchup between OKC and Wichita, I still remember our clashes fondly.

Offense:

We are strong believers in our personnel and our identity as the combination of Dan Snyder and Kliff Kingsbury of BDL. We will continue to channel our inner Big 12 Conference and throw it early and throw it late. We will throw it when we're down and when we're up. We will throw it on 1st down, 2nd down, 3rd down, and 4th down. We will put our foot on that gas pedal and speed to our heart's content. The Gotham fans can at least enjoy if we crash and burn.

Our plan won't be too dissimilar from what we did last week and the week before. 4 and 5 WRs all game long out of Shotgun formations. We will move them around and feature all of them at all levels. We simply do not respect any part of Hungary's defense enough and we do not believe they can cover our WRs or get to Mac Jones.

We will certainly act like we're capable of running the ball and give the Hungary defense many verbal warnings about our intent to run, but we most likely won't. We'll allot ourselves five total running plays. We expect 1 to be a short yardage TD. 1 will be a 4th down conversion. 2 will get stuffed, but 1 will catch the defense totally off guard and go for a big gain. We'll use Caleb Huntley after we discovered no one believes in Clyde Edwards-Helaire.

Defense:

We were aggressive on offense so we're going to be aggressive on defense as well. Cover-1 man with Tre'von Moehrig as the lone deep safety as our base.

Ahmad Gardner → DK Metcalf
Xavien Howard → Tyler Lockett

Tyson Campbell → Adam Thielen
Terrell Edmunds → TJ Hockenson

Our linebackers will split duties between covering Joe Mixon and blitzing. We want to send five on the majority of plays. We have faith in our corner group to hold their own in man coverage.

We will, of course, do all the typical things that a defense does to respond to offensive formations. We won't come out in nickel in all situations. We will rotate our defensive fronts as well.

Hungary

Motivation: Hungary is playing for pride in this toilet bowl showdown. This will be an angry team that is will do anything they can not to lose again.

Offense: 11 personnel (>75%). 55/45 run/pass.

Read options, RPOs, and bootlegs will be deployed to get Dak moving and forcing teams to respect his legs as usual, generally in the opposite direction of Lawrence and/or Jones whenever possible. In the pass game we won't look to do anything out of the ordinary; take what the offense gives us with the occasional deep shot. We don't want to press the ball upfield to aggressive going against this dangerous secondary. We anticipate that we will usually face a 4 man rush and are comfortable w/ our 5 OL holding up well enough (a few sacks surrendered but Dak won't be running around all day). If the 4 man rush proves too strong, we'll have our RB help out to block. We will generally throw away from Gardner, and since we expected him to follow DK this week we are prepared w/ plenty of route combinations where DK is a decoy, while Locket and Thielen are ready for high target games.

We will look to pound the rock and sustain long drives to gas their D before we start landing some KOs. Mixon will be on the field roughly 60% of snaps, w/ James and Brian Robinson each getting 20%. We are looking to establish the run and then operate out offense around it. Dak will aid in the run game too w/ a few designed runs and options. Every down just do what it takes to get 4 or 5 yards, that's the mindset.

Defense: 4-2-5 (30%) 3-3-5 (15%), 3-2-6 (15%), 4-1-6 (15%), other/situational (25%)

Mac has been awful in the face of pressure this season, throwing 5 INTs on 38 pressured attempt while compiling a passer rating of 27.2. Since Gotham's WRs simply outclass our CBs, our gamplan practically starts and stops w/ making Mac uncomfortable. To do that we will have to fairly often commit 5 or 6 pass rushers as our 4 man rush doesn't an advantage against their solid OL. We'll be blitzing roughly 35% of snaps, from a variety of looks with a variety of players. Expect a lot of cover 4 zone out of nickel and dime packages, where Kareem and Sutton take the deep zones w/ the safeties while Wilson, McCreary, and Shaq or Moreau (depending on nickel or dime) take the underneath zones. We'll go to man if we ever feel like Mac is beginning to get too comfortable reading the zone, but we want to stay out man if we don't have to. We're not too concerned about Gotham's run game. They'll gash us a few times based off our personnel, but in any obvious run situations we feel good that our guys can beat there's. That being said, we aren't expecting Gotham to commit to run.

Edited by wwhickok

Interesting matchup. Gotham running 5 total run plays is fun especially considering Huntley only carried the ball once this week for 4 yards so it’s not like he is asking him to actually do something much more than he is capable of. I have a hard time with defensive formation amount percentages. So you’re going to run 4-2-5 30% of the time against a 4/5 wide? You’re going to give even Mac Jones ideal matchups with those receiving threats. Although I’m not entirely sure Hungary has the personnel at corner to match up with these weapons. I’m going to keep reading and dissecting. Fun matchup. 

PR starting a defensive end with as many intact ACLs as sacks this year is certainly a bold strategy.

I don't know. I still don't believe this Hungary defense can stop any passing attack with a pulse, but blitzing is the right move. Gotham on the other hand gave a pretty bare-bones plan for their defense, and the offensive writeup is...definitely something with the run plan. Gotta go with Hungary, although I respect the hell outta that Gotham "**** it we're throwing all game" mindset.

6 minutes ago, Blue said:

PR starting a defensive end with as many intact ACLs as sacks this year is certainly a bold strategy.

I don't know. I still don't believe this Hungary defense can stop any passing attack with a pulse, but blitzing is the right move. Gotham on the other hand gave a pretty bare-bones plan for their defense, and the offensive writeup is...definitely something with the run plan. Gotta go with Hungary, although I respect the hell outta that Gotham "**** it we're throwing all game" mindset.

It's okay... He doesn't have to stop the run much. I see some success passing it but Mac Jones can't sustain that vs the other offense considering they will punt it quite a bit.

9 hours ago, Blue said:

Moss has wrote the last two weeks of write ups mind you.

• Like 1

You throw Caleb Huntley in citing the leagues disdain for CEH but playing 9 snaps in his last two games combined would mean the Chiefs actually don't believe in CEH.

also, Jeff Wilson has been running phenomenal for Miami and would've been a fun fit here.

• Like 1