Grand Scheme of Ted Thompson Overall

ChaRisMa

I don’t understand this. 

9 years straight of playoffs. How many Division Championships? 4 NFC Championship games. Won a Super Bowl. Won another in 96’ on the scouting staff. 

After having to call up street Free Agent Matt Flynn to solve the QB position 4 years ago he drafted a QB that was at one point considered a potential First Round Pick, and gave him to McCarthy. In his THIRD season he gets playing time and by the 6th week everybody outside the building is calling him a bust? You didn’t see that coming, Mike? This is your specialty. 

If we don’t make it to 7 wins before week 13, you’re fired Mike. 

fired-650x360.jpg

As far as Dom Capers goes, his wagon is attached to Mikes. Mike can fire him if he wants. He’s the Head Coach, it’s his staff. He gets the glory and the blame there. If Dom’s gotta go, Mikes gotta go. No excuses.

Dont tell me Ted didn’t do his job. He armed McCarthy with an ideal pupil to be his backup QB without burning a high pick on a QB (Something NO ONE wanted to do). This load of crap needs to fall on McCarthy. 

I don’t have a better idea for a HC but if we’re gonna be honest, this season counts against MM. 

7 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

I'll give you a couple minutes to remove that POS picture from this football forum

Thx

Please, it’s just a picture. And not a flattering one, either. I used it for laughs, so lets not go there. 

6 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

It's very simple. Ted's system can only work if he drafts really well. That hasnt happened this decade. Outside of Rodgers being the lipstick, you're seeing the results. TT gets plenty of the blame here. That shouldnt be hard to understand.

Sounded like he was blaming Mike to me

Reading is hard though.

18 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Apparently so. I know he was blaming Mike... and not blaming Ted. I am disagreeing with that position...saying Ted is to blame.

Okay here's what I feel is a valid point. Ted bought the groceries Mike asked for. Mike undercooked the chicken and now everyone has diarrhea. Hundley is 100x more of a problem than anything else on this team. We're 4-1 before he gets on the field, we're 1-4 with him on the field. Ted gave Mike the prospect to develop, and Mike has completely failed to develop him. And it isn't even like you can say he was Ted's pick, it's his fault. Mike is supposed to be a QB Guru. You're telling me Mike didn't see this coming based off practice the last two and a half seasons? He didn't tell Ted this was coming? Stevie Wonder can see Hundley has bad mechanics, bad decision making skills, and bad pocket presence. 

Outside of our present QB situation do you fellas think we have sufficient talent on the offense?   When healthy I think we have a good enought OL, RB corps and WRs.  It might help to get a speedy TE and another WR but I think with #12 back we have enough to win with on this side of the ball.

What about on the defense?  I like what I'm seeing when healthy with Martinez, Clark, Perry and it would be nice to move Clay inside.  Daniels is a force when he doesn't do stupid stuff once in a while.  Our secondary has some talent.  Ha Ha and Burnett are a pretty good safety combo and I think Jones is promising.  King is promising too.  I'm not sure how I feel about Randall.  It will be interesting to see how Beigel and Ryan do going forward.

So - is Ted really as lousy as some here think?  He has surrounded our HOF QB with enough talent on that side of the ball.  I submit we have a decent core on the defensive side the ball that a new DC could do something with if we add a pass rusher on the DL and OLB.  

15 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

The fact the fingers go every direction is riot to me.

Why? Why isn't everyone accountable? All three of them are in their own ways. Dom doesn't really need to be explained, Mike because the system hasn't adjusted to help Hundley, all he has been doing is calling more screens, and Ted...

16 hours ago, packfanfb said:

It's very simple. Ted's system can only work if he drafts really well. That hasnt happened this decade. Outside of Rodgers being the lipstick, you're seeing the results. TT gets plenty of the blame here. That shouldnt be hard to understand.

Archived