The DLine and Young's Return

MKnight82

It is cystal clear that JDR stragtey is to rush 4 and drop 7 back into coverage. If that's the case we need another pass rusher. Chase will need another yr to get back into form hopefully. JDR strategy is not working because we have no pass rush. Come to think of it the 49ers use this strategy also. They do not have to blitz and they just rely on their front 4 and play zone most of the time. 

10 minutes ago, 4209 said:

It is cystal clear that JDR stragtey is to rush 4 and drop 7 back into coverage. If that's the case we need another pass rusher. Chase will need another yr to get back into form hopefully. JDR strategy is not working because we have no pass rush. Come to think of it the 49ers use this strategy also. They do not have to blitz and they just rely on their front 4 and play zone most of the time. 

Giving up that 4th and 9 to the Giants still irks me.Zero pressure and a squirt receiver gets wide open .

5 hours ago, 4209 said:

The Giants game was the first game our DL had been shut out in quite awhile wasn’t it? 

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 7:02 PM, lavar703 said:

The Giants game was the first game our DL had been shut out in quite awhile wasn’t it? 

Yes. They did have a few sack yesterday but I was disappointed in how our DL played va the Giants game at home. A lot of emphasis was put on Heinicke’s turnovers, our poor OL play again and Turner not running the ball enough in the 2nd half especially in the red-zone but our D didn’t play as well as it had been in Oct/Nov. 

The DL wasn’t as dominant.

8 hours ago, lavar703 said:

The crazy thing is they don't even show his best rep against Trent in this. There was one play that he nearly walked him all the way back to Purdy before the RB came over to help. He was giving Trent all he could handle. 

Yeah, I forgot about that one. Chase looked great. I think he learned a lot sitting and watching the other DEs the last year especially the less talented ones like JSW & Obada and how they rushed the passer by not doing outside speed rushes all game. He was using his hands very well I noticed & with a violet punch like Jon Allen does. If he does that & incorporates a rip move while retracing back towards the QB on his outside rushes, he’ll clean up on some sacks.