The DLine and Young's Return

MKnight82

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

This has moderately concerning “RGIII: All in For Week One” vibes, just as far as making an advertising campaign out of your recovery from a serious injury — but I really liked a lot of what I saw from Chase in SF. 

I definitely appreciated that “violent punch” that you referred to in an earlier post. That will be big for him, he needs to develop that speed-to-power game and become a little more (effectively) cerebral. He’s just not quick/explosive enough to beat good NFL OTs with just straight speed around the corner — not a huge knock on him, there are very few guys who can do that — and so he’s going to have to develop a full package built on his small-area explosion skills. He can do it, but I do think he needed some humbling. Hopefully he got it and we’ll see him grow into what he should be.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

This has moderately concerning “RGIII: All in For Week One” vibes, just as far as making an advertising campaign out of your recovery from a serious injury — but I really liked a lot of what I saw from Chase in SF. 

I definitely appreciated that “violent punch” that you referred to in an earlier post. That will be big for him, he needs to develop that speed-to-power game and become a little more (effectively) cerebral. He’s just not quick/explosive enough to beat good NFL OTs with just straight speed around the corner — not a huge knock on him, there are very few guys who can do that — and so he’s going to have to develop a full package built on his small-area explosion skills. He can do it, but I do think he needed some humbling. Hopefully he got it and we’ll see him grow into what he should be.

It’s not a “All in for Week 1” ad though. Chase didn’t push himself to play week 1, or even the first week he could off of coming off PUP bc he knew he wasn’t ready. He took it slow & looks ready bc of that.

I don’t begrudge players for taking advantage of endorsements when they can.