Week 13 Thread: Leach/Kiffin Thursday, Trojans/ND, and of course The Game

MikeT14

1 minute ago, pf9 said:

ND was 11-1 under Kelly. This year they won't have a chance at 11 wins. ND moved too fast in promoting Freeman. They should let him go after the season and maybe he'll be able to cut his teeth on a Group of Five program that will undergo a coaching change for next season. Maybe he'll be a good fit at UAB, which has never been bowl ineligible since returning from the dead in 2017.

Youre being serious? This is Freeman’s first year as HC. He is a player’s coach, which is preferable to the cannon fodder type Kelly was. Kelly seldom ever won bowl games. Let Freeman install his system before begrudging him winning with a team he largely didn’t recruit. No coach is going 11-1 with this roster with Drew Pine. 

Just now, cp0k2 said:

osucoaches.jpgmonkey-look-the-other-way.gif

I mean, Vrabel’s dream job is probably OSU and he’s definitely a culture guy. He used to call defensive backs who couldn’t tackle a pretty derogatory term in practice. As in, that was their position title. OSU All American with a former teammate along with him would be great but won’t happen. Tbh this is what most of us wanted 4+ years ago.

2 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Youre being serious? This is Freeman’s first year as HC. He is a player’s coach, which is preferable to the cannon fodder type Kelly was. Kelly seldom ever won bowl games. Let Freeman install his system before begrudging him winning with a team he largely didn’t recruit. No coach is going 11-1 with this roster with Drew Pine. 

Had Notre Dame not been so hasty, they could have hired Urban Meyer after his firing by the Jaguars. And even though ND has never had a one-and-done coach before, there is a first time for everything.

Just now, MWil23 said:

I mean, Vrabel’s dream job is probably OSU and he’s definitely a culture guy. He used to call defensive backs who couldn’t tackle a pretty derogatory term in practice. As in, that was their position title. OSU All American with a former teammate along with him would be great but won’t happen. Tbh this is what most of us wanted 4+ years ago.

Yeah Fickell would take the job tomorrow and Vrabel I’d think would at least think about it. Probably not this next year but anyways, they’re not moving on from Day. As right as some of the thoughts are today. So, maybe someday but not next year, one of these guys are on the short list.

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

He's wanted ND to hire Jim Tressel for the last 10+years. He wanted ND to hire Urban Meyer in September. And those are two of his more realistic ideas. 😬

Just now, pf9 said:

Had Notre Dame not been so hasty, they could have hired Urban Meyer after his firing by the Jaguars. And even though ND has never had a one-and-done coach before, there is a first time for everything.

I don’t know you well enough to know if you’re trolling 

Just now, NateDawg said:

Yeah Fickell would take the job tomorrow and Vrabel I’d think would at least think about it. Probably not this next year but anyways, they’re not moving on from Day. As right as some of the thoughts are today. So, maybe someday but not next year, one of these guys are on the short list.

Day probably gets a talk about expectations going forward and then if this happens again next year is encouraged to seek an NFL job. He’s not going anywhere this year, which is a shame. He ain’t it.

Just now, cp0k2 said:

He's wanted ND to hire Jim Tressel for the last 10+years. He wanted ND to hire Urban Meyer in September. And those are two of his more realistic ideas. 😬

Did he miss the dumpster fire Meyer revealed himself to be in the league? In theory it would’ve been a more exciting hire until he burned the school to the ground 

3 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Again I just have to laugh at LSU #5.

Its just so absurd.

It’s just a weak year imo. I don’t think there’s much special about most of the top 10. Especially Michigan. 

Just now, MWil23 said:

Day probably gets a talk about expectations going forward and then if this happens again next year is encouraged to seek an NFL job. He’s not going anywhere this year, which is a shame. He ain’t it.

I like him a lot as a dude and he’s a great coordinator type of mind but maybe not play caller. Can develop QBs. I dont think Stroud is a Day issue. I just think CJ has always been overrated because some of his flaws which show at times but really big time when the talent equates.

Just now, Ty21 said:

Did he miss the dumpster fire Meyer revealed himself to be in the league? In theory it would’ve been a more exciting hire until he burned the school to the ground 

No. He can abide finger banging coeds, kicking kickers, belittling his coaches, lying, and anything else except that one thing Freeman is...

Just now, NateDawg said:

I like him a lot as a dude and he’s a great coordinator type of mind but maybe not play caller. Can develop QBs. I dont think Stroud is a Day issue. I just think CJ has always been overrated because some of his flaws which show at times but really big time when the talent equates.

Also the way we run our offense, as I’ve said repeatedly, makes no sense when you have a QB that can’t improvise or run.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Vrabel has talked about hating recruiting as to why he left college a ton of times, they'd have to hurl money at him to make him leave a cushy and successful NFL job. And even then I don't think he'd be great at it because he hates recruiting.

Edited by Thelonebillsfan