Game #11 - vs. Los Angeles Rams

onejayhawk

This is the only home game amid four road games. They won road game #1 against the Chargers, moving into 2nd on the list of most consecutive road wins in division with 14. The 49ers hold the record with 20.

This looked like a major test back in August. The Rams hold the Lombardy trophy until the lose out but failing to make the playoffs is near certain. That said, they still have Aaron Donald and Cooper Kupp. It could get interesting.

42 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

This is the only home game amid four road games. They won road game #1 against the Chargers, moving into 2nd on the list of most consecutive road wins in division with 14. The 49ers hold the record with 20.

This looked like a major test back in August. The Rams hold the Lombardy trophy until the lose out but failing to make the playoffs is near certain. That said, they still have Aaron Donald and Cooper Kupp. It could get interesting.

Cooper Kupp is on IR now. Still, they shouldn't be taken lightly. I'm looking forward to seeing how well Humphrey and Smith do against Donald.

JuJu confirmed to be back.

Some things to watch.

• Statistically, the Chiefs are not a good defense. They give up a lot of yards, over 470/game and are middle of the league in points allowed. Recently, they have been good at turning the ball over, but not this season. Indeed, the Chiefs are on the wrong side of the turnover differential. However, they are tied for 4th place in sacks and they have faced some nasty offenses. This week gives them a chance to dominate a struggling offense. Will they?
  • The running game has definitely evolved as the season progressed. Pacheco and the power game has stepped forward with good results. It's one way to slow Aaron Donald down. We might see Ronald Jones for the first time.
  • JuJu will be back and looks good in practice. Trey Smith draws Aaron Donald. Thornhill is questionable and unlikely to play every down. We could see a lot of Bryan Cook. Lucas Niang is coming off PUP and could see game action. Thuney is dinged so we may see a lot of Allegretti.
  • Can we get a full game together? Inconsistency has been a problem. It's been a while since we just ground a team to powder. 

Edited by onejayhawk

Too bad Kemp already hit his max elevations. Hopefully Powell can show something in his limited snaps. I'm hoping we get Smith-Marsette called up at some point to get some reps.

Not a fan of Anderson in what I've seen so far. I feel like he needs another year at least; even then I don't know if he ever makes the 53. I was hoping we'd get Amadi called up personally.