The Andrew Berry Thread

brownie man

How would you grade Andrew Berry thus far?   

16 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Berry to this point

2. 2. Would you have fired Andrew Berry by now?

4 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I think folks are disrespecting his draft picks a LOT more than they should.

His First draft was done with roughly 90 days on the job to get ready for it....and I think he did a solid job

Jedrick Wills: Has been solid at LT, but you dont spend a top 10 pick on a solid LT...so I get the Argument, but he's a young 23....sometimes players take time to devleop...

Delpit: Has the talent, we all see it, I literally think this kid improves with coaching, and after spending his first year injured....this IS his soph year...Soph Slump?

Jordan Elliot: Not a bad pick at the time...as he was drafted later than projected....but he has 0 development...so this may be a bad pick and lack of coaching

Jacob Phllips: Not a bad pick at the time, former leader in tackles for the SEC....he has not been able to stay healthy in 3 years.....

Harrison Bryant: Was rated as a 2nd day pick, and we got him on the 3rd day, he has been a solid backup TE, not bad for a day 3 pick

Nick Harris: before he got hurt, found a starting C in the 5th, thats a 3 bagger

DPJ: Found a solid #2 WR in round 6, that is HOMERUN

His 2nd draft and 1rst he had ample time

Greg Newsome Jr. has had a bit of a soph slump, but looked like a superstar in the making his rookie year, last year.

JOK- Potentially the Steal of the Entire Draft....

Schwartz: Has not developed, but did spend most of his rookie year injured, WR's take more than 1 year to develop, look at DPJ, he still runs 4.24, lets give him some time.

Jame Hudson: Will be the starting RT next year.

Tommy Tongia: None of our DT's have developed, but this is his Soph year, I am willing to give him some time.

Tony Fields: has been a stallwart on special teams, has not done much else....5th round LB, were we expecting Ray Lewis?

Richard Lecount: Preseason Star for 2 years, now looking for a job.....bad pick, mid 3rd day pick didnt develop into a starter....such is life.

Demtrick Felton: Will be our 3rd down back next year, he's not been a bad player, he's not getting many chances will all the talent in front of him...not a bad pick.

This year: Deshawn Watson Acquisition a 26 year old QB, who's been all pro and led the league in passing.....

Martin Emerson: Kid has played as good as you would expect out of a HIGH 2nd round pick, extreme value here.

Alex Wright: has not looked lost, and seems to be improving as the year goes on. He will be starting in place of Clowney next year.

David Bell: Has not done much yet....Wr is typically one of the positions it takes the longest to develop.

Perion Winfery: Was rated as a 2nd round pick on some boards....seems immature and not able to get out of his own way....but he is a rookie, maturity and time.

Cade York: Despite our HC going for it 4th down, when FG's are easy and then asking him to kick a 58 yarder with 8 seconds left to tie the game...Priefer hurts him here.

Jerome Ford: Looked like a potential starter in the preaseason...he will be the #2 next year

Michale Woods  II: Once again a WR in the 6th round...give him time.

Isiah Thomas: Looks like we may have gotten a steal here......when he's played he's looked very solid, even getting a couple sacks on the year....7th rounder

Dawson Deaton: We have no idea, but the depth chart next year with Pocic probably being the highest paid C in FA, Harris and Deaton could be the depth chart at C.

IF Brothers think these drafts are BAD....allow me to Reintroduce...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/2018_draft.htm

(Denzel Ward and Nick Chubb, the other 7 picks no longer with team and some not in the NFL)

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/2017_draft.htm

(Garrett and Njoku....the other 8 picks....yikes)

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/2016_draft.htm

BLECH on ALL OF THAT!!!! I'll stop now.....it just gets more depressing...I think Brothers FORGOT how bad drafts have been around these parts....

Ok first year Draft cede lamb

How does kc play out if he is on the field.

Wirfs and Thomas clearly he is a b at best.

Newsome nearly the entire draft 

Jok starting linebacker that is it.

3rd year are draft should have been

Jordan Davis

Ojabo trade for Jarrett

This year Harrison round 1 

Zay flowers. That would give me

Njoku ,flowers,lamb,plus landry.

Salary cap I would have enough money to trade for and sign roquan 

Plus have 40 million leftover 

2 hours ago, mtmmike said:

The stafford trade 

We could have traded Mayfield for a Super bowl winning qb.

Savings

20 million per year.

Draft picks we would have a extra 1st.

2 2nds

And a 3rd.

To put names to this Harrison defensive end

Ojabo

Pickens

Plus a additional 20 million  minus Clowney salary.

Defensive line 2024

Harrison,Myles,Ojabo,.Pickens wr saving us additional 7to 8 million a year on dpj. 

Public relations 

I rest my case.Loop Waiting GIF

@NateDawg could you translate this for me pls

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

Translation this is a 3 win club

You add Deshaun let's see.

Hindsight 

Mayfield stinks sign garropolo 

Then I will be happy to play your Deshaun lead team

With my players.

I don’t think I can make it any more clear than this.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

How come your not the happiest poster

On board .

Deshaun is here

Deshaun is here 

Deshaun is here.

Owe 3 wins defense no money for normal defensive tackles because we need roll over money for Deshaun. 

Argument 2 cheap free agents will come to play for a playoff team.

I think I like the last one best.

Anyways have to go .make some money the views are gorgeous today.

I’ll say this 

MJ Emerson looks like the best third round pick I’ve ever seen this team draft. 

Schwartz actually did something today. 

Im not in a rush to kick out the GM they can find a MJ Emerson in the third round. The dude has played well since day 1 of the preseason.  

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

I’ll say this 

Im not in a rush to kick out the GM they can find a MJ Emerson in the third round. The dude has played well since day 1 of the preseason.  

Because Emerson is one of the only players Berry has drafted that fits woods zone scheme. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Because Emerson is one of the only players Berry has drafted that fits woods zone scheme. 

Newsome technically should be able to fit a zone coverage scheme. He played a lot of Zone at Northwestern.

However, if they want to keep running this scheme, you’ve gotta trade Ward. He just does not fit.

7 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Let’s say Emerson and Newsome keep balling out and Ward keeps struggling….

Would they just move Ward to FS if they can’t move him…?

He’s like 175 pounds and I think would break at safety. He’s getting paid a lot of money to play cornerback for us. I think he will be fine. If he takes some steps backwards and it’s not working over the next couple years, then he doesn’t play on his contract and ends up being a cap casualty down the line.

4 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

He’s like 175 pounds and I think would break at safety. He’s getting paid a lot of money to play cornerback for us. I think he will be fine. If he takes some steps backwards and it’s not working over the next couple years, then he doesn’t play on his contract and ends up being a cap casualty down the line.

Tell him to put on some muscle. Earl Thomas and Ed Reed weren’t huge guys either.

Like I said, it just depends on how much he continues to struggle.

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think both of the ends seem to fit the scheme.  

The DTs are smaller/explosive guys as opposed to fatasses, so those seem to fit.

Fields and JOK both seem to be what he wants at LB as does Phillips…

Newsome played plenty of zone at Northwestern.

I mean, I’m just sayin maybe the scheme sucks.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, brownie man said:

I’ll say this 

Ok this buds for you

Also I’d say the trade for Deion Jones has been a great move 

you can tell that the team has performed better since he’s been brought in.  For what we gave up he’s been a impactful addition to the team.  

Ward will be fine. But we could use a scheme change. But we got more games so we’ll see