Week 12 GDT: Raiders at Seahawks

NYRaider

Can we keep the win streak alive?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Back to back wins?

• Yes
    • No

Not sure who is going to cover DK and Lockett, but if Maxx plays like he did last week I think we keep it competitive and come down to another last possession type game.
Hope to see our O continue to move the ball, clean up the penalties and find better success in redzone. 

If we are tanking, I just wanna see Maxx Adams and JJ play well. 

For the Raiders to have any chance of winning, they need to stop the run. Geno can be slowed down if the run game isn't working. That was exposed when the Buccs beat the Seahawks.

And for the love of all that is holy, someone PLEASE tell Patrick Graham to stick with the 4-2-5 alignment. That was the best the defense played all year.

• Like 2

The Seahawks offense was surging before their trip to Germany. 4-0, 29 ppg and a 12 ppg win margin in the month before they played the Bucs. Our offense is trending in the opposite direction as we've only averaged 15 ppg over the last month. If I wager on the game I'm taking Seattle to cover 3.5 at home. They have too many weapons to expose our flaws defensive and we're overdue a turnover or two against their ball hawking defense. 

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

The Seahawks offense was surging before their trip to Germany. 4-0, 29 ppg and a 12 ppg win margin in the month before they played the Bucs. Our offense is trending in the opposite direction as we've only averaged 15 ppg over the last month. If I wager on the game I'm taking Seattle to cover 3.5 at home. They have too many weapons to expose our flaws defensive and we're overdue a turnover or two against their ball hawking defense. 

15ppg dam this November has been rough af

15 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

15ppg dam this November has been rough af

We have scored 20+ in every game in Nov . . . 

Yes the NO game blew. and a 0 really will effect a small sample size of stats. but that was in Oct 😀
But his stats where wrong, he convientely left out Hou, which was still in the last month 🤣

Edited by BackinBlack

23 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Yes the NO game blew. and a 0 really will effect a small sample size of stats. but that was in Oct 😀
But his stats where wrong, he convientely left out Hou, which was still in the last month 🤣

🫡 good job

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

Although he was wrong 22, 20, and 20 is not good.  This would be similar to the defense giving up 30 per game.

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Although he was wrong 22, 20, and 20 is not good.  This would be similar to the defense giving up 30 per game.

While I agree not good. 
there are 5 teams scoring less then 18 ppg

in last 3 games we are 16th in points scored.

so no it would closer to our D, which is also giving up 16th most PPG last 3 weeks at 22.7 allowed

30 PPG is 31st worst. 

Now where it gets crazy, is if you factor in den Jax and Indy, are on average top 10 Ds in PPG, at #3, #11, # 14

where as on O;

they are the worst, second worst, and 13th worst, so bottom 6 Os on average. 

so, would you not agree playing statistically top 10 Ds, but bottom Os, our D has an easier job then our O?

or is this too crazy to get into ?

9 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Now where it gets crazy, is if you factor in den Jax and Indy, are on average top 10 Ds in PPG, at #3, #11, # 14

where as on O;

they are the worst, second worst, and 13th worst, so bottom 6 Os on average. 

so, would you not agree playing statistically top 10 Ds, but bottom Os, our D has an easier job then our O?

or is this too crazy to get into ?

Bad record + Bad offense = overrated defense  This is generally true and I have not watched enough of these teams to make that judgment specifically about them.

16 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

While I agree not good. 
there are 5 teams scoring less then 18 ppg

in last 3 games we are 16th in points scored.

so no it would closer to our D, which is also giving up 16th most PPG last 3 weeks at 22.7 allowed

30 PPG is 31st worst. 

I am not basing this off of what other teams are doing but rather my expectations of our units.  With what we did with the offense this team should be putting up numbers just like the top offenses and close to 28 ppg.  With the lack of talent on defense I would expect them to average close to if not over 24 points a game.  Everything about this team points to the red zone and TDs on both sides of the ball.  The defense can not force FGs in the red zone and the offense can not score TDs.  We are close to tops in the league in points per drive and yards per drive.  At the same time we are 13 highest 3&out per drive, #1 in FGs per drive, 9th lowest points per red zone, and 7th lowest TDs per FG.  This is just a few stats.  If we can just turn a few FGs into TDs we have a much better record and if the defense can force a couple red zone FGs we are probably still in the playoffs.  Those are my criteria for improvement.  Now if the offense improves and the record does not change because the defense is just giving up more points then you know the issue.  Right now this is just where the stats points.

Quick equation.  We allow 3.1 red zone trips per game.  If we get down to a league average TD/trip level that is about 5 TDs turned into FGs.  20 points less on the season puts our scoring defense at 16th in the league and those stops could easily have been the difference in a lot of games.  I am not just putting this on the offense.  The defense has a fixable role to play also.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

Bad record + Bad offense = overrated defense  This is generally true and I have not watched enough of these teams to make that judgment specifically about them.

I am not basing this off of what other teams are doing but rather my expectations of our units.  With what we did with the offense this team should be putting up numbers just like the top offenses and close to 28 ppg.  With the lack of talent on defense I would expect them to average close to if not over 24 points a game.  Everything about this team points to the red zone and TDs on both sides of the ball.  The defense can not force FGs in the red zone and the offense can not score TDs.  We are close to tops in the league in points per drive and yards per drive.  At the same time we are 13 highest 3&out per drive, #1 in FGs per drive, 9th lowest points per red zone, and 7th lowest TDs per FG.  This is just a few stats.  If we can just turn a few FGs into TDs we have a much better record and if the defense can force a couple red zone FGs we are probably still in the playoffs.  Those are my criteria for improvement.  Now if the offense improves and the record does not change because the defense is just giving up more points then you know the issue.  Right now this is just where the stats points.

Quick equation.  We allow 3.1 red zone trips per game.  If we get down to a league average TD/trip level that is about 5 TDs turned into FGs.  20 points less on the season puts our scoring defense at 16th in the league and those stops could easily have been the difference in a lot of games.  I am not just putting this on the offense.  The defense has a fixable role to play also.

Yup definitely agree with this too. 
our O has to step up no doubt. they have under performed. No problem saying that. 

if you wanna say our D is playing respectable to our talent level, I’m fine with that too. 

Just with how the season has gone, there is a lot of blame to go around to everyone. Both unit has stepped up at times, and just failed miserably at times. 

Get renfrow and waller back and maybe our O can look a little closer to top 10 but who knows.

• Like 2