Wk 12 - Dueling Farewell Tours - suʍoɹq and Bucs

Bucketheadsdad

Who cares?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Who cares? At this point, who REALLY cares?

• Nobody
    • A few of us
    • Most of us
    • The Turducken
    • Nick Chubb

5 hours ago, buno67 said:

yeah I was looking at a projected salary with the Browns not keeping any of their FAs. I have a feeling like this defense is going to suck!!! Cause you are right, they dont have money to make any improvements really... I have no confidence this defense will be good even with a new DC. I just pray the Chargers just implode and they fire Staley and the Browns are able to hire him. I feel like he could run the secondary properly. That is their best hope, to get a DC who can unlock their secondary to their fullest potential.

I don't foresee the defense being a powerhouse because it will be difficult to get strong up the middle with the resources we have but I do think a DC that uses the star players we have doing what they do best would certainly improve their performance and help their confidence and their desire.

Play some tight man, use some exotic blitzes, free up a pass rusher and make the QB make a quick decision while the corners don't have to cover for 5 seconds. Do it often enough that the QB knows it's a possibility every play. Sure beats playing off without blitzing and hoping the team tackles well so you have an occasional 3rd down on defense. You already can't stop the run so just tackle the RB on the way to the QB on those plays it would probably work as well as our run defense anyway.

We can certainly be better.

• Like 5

On 11/25/2022 at 10:37 PM, Thomas5737 said:

I don't foresee the defense being a powerhouse because it will be difficult to get strong up the middle with the resources we have but I do think a DC that uses the star players we have doing what they do best would certainly improve their performance and help their confidence and their desire.

Play some tight man, use some exotic blitzes, free up a pass rusher and make the QB make a quick decision while the corners don't have to cover for 5 seconds. Do it often enough that the QB knows it's a possibility every play. Sure beats playing off without blitzing and hoping the team tackles well so you have an occasional 3rd down on defense. You already can't stop the run so just tackle the RB on the way to the QB on those plays it would probably work as well as our run defense anyway.

We can certainly be better.

Excellent post

Plan 2 hire Williams defensive line coach 

Draft Harrison Osu then triple the blitzes.