Week 12: CHI Bears vs NY Jets

Bobby816

Interesting week right here. As far as storylines go this early in the week it's a questionable matchup.

We as of now have no clue who will start for us at QB. IMO I think it's still Wilson, but he'll be on a very short leash. Which I think does in fact make him play bad and we switch to White or Flacco at some point during the game. I say that bc when a young QB is playing scared and is struggling to have confidence, they either do nothing bc they're scared to make risky throws or they throw INTs bc they're forcing it.

Chicago is a tough out these days. Their offense has been pretty good. Fields has been running all over the place. I sure hope we game plan right bc our CBs can handle their WRs just fine. So stack that box and stop Fields and they shouldn't put up the points that they have over the last few weeks (they're averaging 30 points a game the last 5 weeks).

On offense not just bc we have awful QB play, but bc it's where Chicago is weak. We need to run the ball. Their front 7 isn't good at all. And their strength is their secondary. So make them stop the run before trying to force throwing as the way to win. At the end of the day this game is about getting the win and really doesn't matter how. So don't just throw the ball to throw the ball to see if Zach can bounce back. Do what needs to be done to win the game 1st and foremost.

At the end of the day in this one I think we rally and beat them by a small margin.

CHI: 13

NYJ: 17

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

We need James Robinson to get way more snaps than Ty Johnson.  I would love to know who decides that.  JD obviously brought in Robinson, but is it MLF or Saleh who has the hard on for Ty?

There is really no excuse beside not knowing the playbook. Bc Ty does nothing that Carter or Robinson cant do. I think our game pan will be similar to how we played BUF. 

Zach's going to be on an extremely short leash in this game. The fans are not going to tolerate poor play and the boos could come in loud and early in this one, especially considering who the opponent's QB is this week. Luckily he's a bit banged up and the Bears defense while underrated is not the Patriots so I expect the offense to bounce back and the defense should be able to continue their strong play, but this has the undertone of an absolute disaster and the end of Zach Wilson at MetLife if Fields goes off again and substantially out-duels Zach. The Bears are a tough out for a 3-8 team and have been close in a lot of games late and it just hasn't gone their way, and they were able to handle the Pats in Foxboro with relative ease. Their run game is legit, our front 7 needs to bring their lunch pails, but most importantly Saleh can't be scared to turn to Flacco or White early because winning and keeping the locker room is more important than Zach's development at this point with the team we've got now. We have to show the rest of the league that we are competent with or without Wilson.

I agree that we need to load the box and commit to containing the run. Force their receivers to beat our stud corners, I don't see that happening personally. They will break their patented big play at some point and Fields can extend plays with his feet but we're a team that can get to the QB and stop the run. I can see Chicago doing the same to us on offense and putting all the pressure on Zach to beat them with his arm. Our offense has to show up if we have any chance to win this game. I do believe we make a QB change mid game and we get a spark on offense after being down at the half. We put the game in Fields hands in a two minute drill and our defense shows up to secure the victory.

CHI - 20

NYJ - 24

Well this game could have both starting QB's on the bench. Fields is probably not going to play with that dislocated shoulder. I think Saleh will come out with White as the QB. If you remember back a few weeks ago Saleh moved White above Flacco on the depth chart. At the time no one thought it was that big of a deal. I think they where thinking like me. They knew Wilson is a very bad QB and they can't keep hiding him. The Jets want to know if White can really be a starting QB in the NFL. They know Flacco is pretty much done. He is a coach with a helmet that is all. Now speed up to today and the Jets are NOT happy at all with Wilson. Zach did not say a word to the team Monday about being sorry for the game or what he said to the media. He then gets chewed out by the coaches in a meeting on Monday. This has been reported by the media too. Once again Wilson SAYS NOTHING!!! You can't put the ball in this guys hands. You all know me I was done with him last year and wanted him replaced for the 22 season. This will be White vs Fields back up. I think the Jets will lock down the bears and hold them to 10 points. White does just enough to get them the win. 

Jets 14

Bears 10

13 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Well this game could have both starting QB's on the bench. Fields is probably not going to play with that dislocated shoulder. I think Saleh will come out with White as the QB. If you remember back a few weeks ago Saleh moved White above Flacco on the depth chart. At the time no one thought it was that big of a deal. I think they where thinking like me. They knew Wilson is a very bad QB and they can't keep hiding him. The Jets want to know if White can really be a starting QB in the NFL. They know Flacco is pretty much done. He is a coach with a helmet that is all. Now speed up to today and the Jets are NOT happy at all with Wilson. Zach did not say a word to the team Monday about being sorry for the game or what he said to the media. He then gets chewed out by the coaches in a meeting on Monday. This has been reported by the media too. Once again Wilson SAYS NOTHING!!! You can't put the ball in this guys hands. You all know me I was done with him last year and wanted him replaced for the 22 season. This will be White vs Fields back up. I think the Jets will lock down the bears and hold them to 10 points. White does just enough to get them the win. 

Jets 14

Bears 10

I do have to say you were the first one decisively out on Zach. I felt we needed to see what he had with the new personnel around him but I saw the light a few weeks ago. We need to find another QB.

3 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

The sad part is that it's a revenge game no matter who plays. We passed on Fields.  Lol

I still would have passed on him. I wanted us to keep Sam Darnold for the year and see what they could do woth him and get a boat load of picks for 2. Fields is not that good. He is too small to depend on his running. 

MLF since losing Hall has had no game plan, abandons the running game, doesn't use his TE's nearly enough, or Wilson as a WR enough. There were games Wilson was an after thought. All I hear is crickets from the WR room were supposed to have. 

MLF I believe has benefited from Salah's ties to the LF family. If Joe Douglas evaluates correctly, he has to look at the offense and the calls being sent in, pull Salah aside and reevaluate the OC position.

I am not a MLF fan.

Remember, as bad as Zac is can some of the blame be placed on the guy sending in the plays?

Belicheat out coached our OC, because he read him like a book. Give Belicheat some credit after 40 years of coaching and more S.B. than anyone in history, MLF is just a green pea compared to him.

Asking Zac if he thought he let the defense down, how about MLF? Think he should shoulder some of the blame?

Crickets

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I still would have passed on him. I wanted us to keep Sam Darnold for the year and see what they could do woth him and get a boat load of picks for 2. Fields is not that good. He is too small to depend on his running. 

Watch things go bad for us from a QB perspective. Geno looking really good in SEA. Fields has been looking good in CHI. Mac Jones looks light years ahead of Wilson in NE. And now Darnold is starting for CAR. Watch him look good the rest of the season

40 minutes ago, Big T said:

MLF since losing Hall has had no game plan, abandons the running game, doesn't use his TE's nearly enough, or Wilson as a WR enough. There were games Wilson was an after thought. All I hear is crickets from the WR room were supposed to have. 

MLF I believe has benefited from Salah's ties to the LF family. If Joe Douglas evaluates correctly, he has to look at the offense and the calls being sent in, pull Salah aside and reevaluate the OC position.

I am not a MLF fan.

Remember, as bad as Zac is can some of the blame be placed on the guy sending in the plays?

Belicheat out coached our OC, because he read him like a book. Give Belicheat some credit after 40 years of coaching and more S.B. than anyone in history, MLF is just a green pea compared to him.

Asking Zac if he thought he let the defense down, how about MLF? Think he should shoulder some of the blame?

Crickets

Thoroughly disagree with this. On the surface if you don't watch the plays and analyze them deeply you'd think you're correct. But if you re-watch the games and watch every passing play. There's wide open guys missed almost every pass. So it's not a MLF issue its a Zach issue. Zach is doing a few things right now. He's scared to throw the ball in tight windows bc he knows he can't turn the ball over. He doesn't have the ability yet to be ok with throwing an INT or 2 bc it at the end of the day doesn't matter if he throws 3 TDs along with it. Heck he has only 4 TDs on the whole season. Jimmy G had 4 TDs just Monday night to put that into perspective. 2nd he holds onto the ball too long. MLF can draw up a quick read and Garrett Wilson can be open, but if Zach runs backwards before that even gets to that, Zach messed up. I'm sure he has... but it has to be so rare. When was the last time you saw Zach STEP UP into a pocket and deliver a strike? I cant recall any. This should be something fluid for him, not something we never see. Next is his mechanics. He's throwing the ball flatfooted more than anyone I've seen this year. He has great arm talent, but step into throws, deliver strikes. He's playing as if we have the worst OL in the league and he has no time. Which isn't the case.

For me I'm starting Flacco. And here's why. Flacco with all his knowledge isn't going to miss a ton of throws. He's a statue in the pocket, but that's ok. We know that and can design things differently bc of that. But having a TE wide open down the seem wont be missed with Flacco. I think people remember White in a better light than what he actually was last season. He played in 3.5 games and while he threw for a ton of yards and was throwing TDs.... he got benched bc he had a 0td 4int game against BUF. Think of how irate we'd be if Zach had a game like that? So this high horse some think White is is false. He threw 8ints in 3.5 games. That's over 2 ints a game. With the way we play. That's not going to work. Where Flacco doesn't have those alarming INT numbers. There's no future in Flacco. But if we want to compete this season and win games and go to the playoffs, Flacco is the guy to start. Reevaluate the QB position in the offseason.... but starting White to me is just like starting a guy who will make more mistakes than Wilson but will have us score more as well. Not exactly a team that wins with defense type QB.