Week 12: CHI Bears vs NY Jets

Bobby816

2 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Have you considered maybe it’s his teammates who have lost patience?

Exactly. If he lost the locker room along with his awful play. You cant stay patient. Especially at 6-4 and some winnable games down the stretch. This season switched from a developmental season to a playoff race. So just hoping Wilson gets better is not the focus anymore.

I think whoever starts still starts next week as well. But with 2 hard games against MIN and BUF coming up... we might have another change after those 2 games. Not saying it'll be back to Wilson. But there could be another change. 

3 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Exactly. When you consistently cant even hit screens and crossers you simply dont belong until you do. Hes going to be here unless a team trades for him and honestly why would they hes horrendous. Let him sit and compete with a veteran in camp. Nothing wrong with sitting next year too. Maybe he gets his chance in year 4 and shines but right now you have to make this move.

• Defense Pass DVOA last 5 weeks: NE X2 (1), Bills (7), Broncos (4), Packers (12)
  • Next 5 weeks: CHI (30), MIN (19), Bills (7), DET (23),  JAX (31)

I'm all about sending the right message to the locker room, but this is so dumb. Flacco/White get to tee off against arguably the leagues worst secondary, and the ensuing media hysteria/narrative will crush any ounce of confidence Zach has left. If he struggles vs. Chicago, bench him at half, but at least give him a chance. 

Just bizarre to me, unless Douglas/Saleh feel it was 100% necessary to save the locker room. 

17 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Considering how this season has been for Moore and the frustration visible from Wilson I would think this WRs are just about fed up.  Can't let one player hold back a Superbowl caliber roster and right now that is exactly what Zack is doing.  It had to be done for the good of the locker room.

Just now, ekill08x said:

Exactly. When you consistently cant even hit screens and crossers you simply dont belong until you do. Hes going to be here unless a team trades for him and honestly why would they hes horrendous. Let him sit and compete with a veteran in camp. Nothing wrong with sitting next year too. Maybe he gets his chance in year 4 and shines but right now you have to make this move.

Your are tough guy, unfortunately you are  right. Just by Wilson saying NO twice at his post game show did more damage to his career than missing all those passes in the last game.

5 minutes ago, NJC33 said:
  • Defense Pass DVOA last 5 weeks: NE X2 (1), Bills (7), Broncos (4), Packers (12)
  • Next 5 weeks: CHI (30), MIN (19), Bills (7), DET (23),  JAX (31)

I'm all about sending the right message to the locker room, but this is so dumb. Flacco/White get to tee off against arguably the leagues worst secondary, and the ensuing media hysteria/narrative will crush any ounce of confidence Zach has left. If he struggles vs. Chicago, bench him at half, but at least give him a chance. 

Just bizarre to me, unless Douglas/Saleh feel it was 100% necessary to save the locker room. 

I thought he'd start but be on a short leash. So I'm a tad surprised as well. But I do think the locker room is more against him than we all know.

Which if you ask me has more positives than negatives. It shows our crazy young team does not like losing. And poor play isn't acceptable. Always a great quality for a locker room. It sounds like several player were very unhappy with his play. I'm sure the majority of them were pretty darn pissed (especially the D) about his comments as well. My guess is he never had a meeting with the players and staff writing any wrong there. If he did maybe he would've started still. But I don't think that meeting happened. I also don't put it past any of our D players that they said something to him right before that post game interview. Guys are extremely pissed post game, his awful play, high emotions in a negative way, etc. I think something happened before that interview that made him sour to some D players. Purely a guess that I 100% could be wrong on. But we've never seen Zach have that attitude in his career. So I think something was up that our locker room is staying hush hush on. Which is a good quality to not have in house stuff leaked.

But I think there's more to it than just poor play and poor answers post game = benched.

10 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

So yes, it’s a locker room problem 

That is all that matters. You can't lose the room and Zach did. Saleh cannot. Right move. Smart coach and GM. Proceed onward and find your general in the offseason. Zach will be here in 2023-2024 unless a team gives JD an out. Sign veteran who has started and been at least league average (their will be plenty of those available) and draft a day 3 project whose athletic and needs more time to develop (the only chance we have at drafting a franchise QB)

If the locker room was against them (and they had great reason to be against him). Saleh made the correct room. You have to back the 52 men in the locker room not the 1 even if it is the QB.

Young QBs on competitive teams get benched all the time. Now they normally get another ****. So don't think at all that Zach is done here.

3 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I thought he'd start but be on a short leash. So I'm a tad surprised as well. But I do think the locker room is more against him than we all know.

Which if you ask me has more positives than negatives. It shows our crazy young team does not like losing. And poor play isn't acceptable. Always a great quality for a locker room. It sounds like several player were very unhappy with his play. I'm sure the majority of them were pretty darn pissed (especially the D) about his comments as well. My guess is he never had a meeting with the players and staff writing any wrong there. If he did maybe he would've started still. But I don't think that meeting happened. I also don't put it past any of our D players that they said something to him right before that post game interview. Guys are extremely pissed post game, his awful play, high emotions in a negative way, etc. I think something happened before that interview that made him sour to some D players. Purely a guess that I 100% could be wrong on. But we've never seen Zach have that attitude in his career. So I think something was up that our locker room is staying hush hush on. Which is a good quality to not have in house stuff leaked.

But I think there's more to it than just poor play and poor answers post game = benched.

100% -- IMO it's a disciplinary response more than anything. From what I've read, Zach's petulance/arrogance from the presser carried to the locker room and thereafter. So he didn't just answer to the media poorly, but doubled down with coaches, players, etc. 

If that's the case, it's easy to see where the decision is coming from. The timing just really sucks with a perfect matchup for redemption this week. Mike White should look good against this secondary, and even if he's just decent, the media will make it out to be a Brady-esc performance. 

If this was the only way to save the locker room, then you have to figure Wilson is really disliked, in which case, who am I to argue. If that's not the case, then I think it's a really poor decision not to play him on a short leash. 

Chicago is a VERY winnable game, especially if Fields is a no go. You send the message to Zach and any QB we throw out there should be able to win. It’s not a big risk and it sends Zach a message that you need to play better and be held accountable. 
Maybe it doesn’t translate this season but the defense and WRs will say Saleh has their backs. 

• Like 1