Week 12: CHI Bears vs NY Jets

Bobby816

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

If the locker room was against them (and they had great reason to be against him). Saleh made the correct room. You have to back the 52 men in the locker room not the 1 even if it is the QB.

Young QBs on competitive teams get benched all the time. Now they normally get another ****. So don't think at all that Zach is done here.

Wilson just saying NO twice at his post game nc turn the whole league against him not only all the Jets. He is just plain ARROGANT AT THIS  POINT OF TIME HE IS CLOSER TO THE WAIVER WIRE THAN GETTING HIS STARTING JOB BACK/

Edited by doumeyer

Well there you have it, Mike White starting, while I hope the Jets win. I'm now concerned with something internal. Did the Jets staff give in to all the outside noise?

Is this decision one to appease the masses knowing full well Mike White is not the answer, and just as importantly if he (lets hope he doesn't) plays poorly will the Jets staff actually thrown him to the wolves?

Just as importantly, if we lose against Chicago, do we stay with White as our starter? The staff is in a no win situation by going with Mike White. If the Jets lose are they going back to Wilson after just ONE GAME?

Will MLF finally be held to the flames with his terrible game management skills, understand this when we won we won in the second half heroics, where the heck has MLF been in the first half of this season.

Sorry boys and girls, he needs and rightfully so be put under the microscope. He manned up and has taken responsibility, I give him credit, but it doesn't excuse his play calling.

Yes Wilson stung out the place, no doubt, but the stench of that loss flows all the way to the OC press box, or did you forget how bad he was last year on the sidelines, when he was catapulted to watch from above, or did you forget how when he was on the sidelines he spoke openly without covering his mouth with the play board. 

Think he may have telegraphed a few plays the other way?

• Like 1

Zach had to be benched after the press conference. It was the only option. simply cannot show zero accountability like that. 

It was so incredibly short sighted to knowing we're going to be playing the bears in a winnable game. 

Great way to completely lose your job.

20 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

White will start and hopefully we don't see the turnover machine he was last year. Still unsure where the narrartive started that he was actually good for us in his 3.5 games last year.

Recency bias. Seems like it's easy to forget how bad Flacco and White are when Zach is stinking up the place; makes you look back at the other two with rose-colored glasses.

The sad reality is Zach really is our best chance to win games, but I'll let Mike White prove otherwise.

Perfectly okay with this. Look it seems shortsighted. If you think that Zach needs more time to develop, and he does, then yes let Zach play it out and figure it out. Long term it would be better for Zach to figure it out. 

The problem is not only is Zach clearly not the answer. He is struggling with the playbook. Unacceptable. And not taking accountability. Unacceptable. Hes not being benched for performance although thats part of it. Hes being benched because hes immature and not ready to lead this team. 

I thought the presser showed a lack of maturity - young kid trying too hard to say the right thing, winds up doing the opposite. If he doubled down, like it sounds, and wasn't accountable with coaches or his teammates, that's a much bigger issue.

25 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

Perfectly okay with this. Look it seems shortsighted. If you think that Zach needs more time to develop, and he does, then yes let Zach play it out and figure it out. Long term it would be better for Zach to figure it out. 

The problem is not only is Zach clearly not the answer. He is struggling with the playbook. Unacceptable. And not taking accountability. Unacceptable. Hes not being benched for performance although thats part of it. Hes being benched because hes immature and not ready to lead this team. 

I think he struggling with the pressure more than the playbook.

He seems to know where to look and where WRs should be, but he's nervous to pull the trigger and when he does he's inaccurate. That smells like fear to me, not confusion.

6 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

He seems to know where to look and where WRs should be, but he's nervous to pull the trigger and when he does he's inaccurate. That smells like fear to me, not confusion.

Yeah this is very true. Nothing wrong with him sitting, even next year, which is very likely. Develop as an NFL passer. Improve your technique and continue to build relationships with your teammates as a backup. Unless hes traded he will at least get the chance to compete in camp the next two years. Very unlikely he wins though next year. 

37 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Dan Orlovsky did an interesting breakdown of some plays Zach had and it seems like Zach may be expecting some routes to be run and thats not whats being called. Maybe its just one play, but I feel like theres more of this to be found in the tape.

8 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

He is too small to depend on his running. 

Fields is 6’3 228lbs

Saquon is 6 232lbs

Chubb is 5’11 227lbs

I don’t think we should run Fields as much as we have been, but the dude is not small.

Edited by malak1
  • Like 1