Week 12: CHI Bears vs NY Jets

Bobby816

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

I thought the presser showed a lack of maturity - young kid trying too hard to say the right thing, winds up doing the opposite. If he doubled down, like it sounds, and wasn't accountable with coaches or his teammates, that's a much bigger issue.

Apparently he did talk to the team. But not sure if it was before or after he was told he was benched. Not sure it would’ve made a difference or not. Or what he man’d up to. But for me this is clear that the staff wasn’t happy with his play, locker room was questioning him and the lack of accountability all played a part in his benching. As Hets fans we should still hope he gets his crap together. But in a playoff race. We have to play who we think gives us the best chance to win. And clearly the staff thinks that’s White right now. After Sunday we have 2 tough games. So he doesn’t exactly have layups ahead of him.

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Apparently he did talk to the team. But not sure if it was before or after he was told he was benched. Not sure it would’ve made a difference or not. Or what he man’d up to. But for me this is clear that the staff wasn’t happy with his play, locker room was questioning him and the lack of accountability all played a part in his benching. As Hets fans we should still hope he gets his crap together. But in a playoff race. We have to play who we think gives us the best chance to win. And clearly the staff thinks that’s White right now. After Sunday we have 2 tough games. So he doesn’t exactly have layups ahead of him.

Vikings are a tough offense, but the defense is very meh. If MW is better than Zach then these defenses should be a cake walk with our roster.

Let's not forget Zach was part of the offense when we dropped 40 on the QB-less Dolphins and the 27 on the Packers and he just had to be there for the ride. If MW can't, at-minimum, coast this Sunday to a clear victory, then he's garbage.

12 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The fact that we have a coach who reads the room and does what's best for the entire team and not just one player is such a breath of fresh air. Nobody is expecting Mike White to be a world beater but what we are looking for is the easy things to be completed. Maybe he is better maybe hes not much better, but when your starting QB loses the room this was the right move. Zach will get another chance and have to compete for his spot moving forward. It is okay to admit when you have a guy whose been historically bad to start his career. He elevated his game in college after being challenged, let's see if he can do it again. Hes going to be here regardless of the starter we bring in for 2023.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Vikings are a tough offense, but the defense is very meh. If MW is better than Zach then these defenses should be a cake walk with our roster.

Let's not forget Zach was part of the offense when we dropped 40 on the QB-less Dolphins and the 27 on the Packers and he just had to be there for the ride. If MW can't, at-minimum, coast this Sunday to a clear victory, then he's garbage.

Absolutely. Again, all we need for MW to do is keep it simply and not get caught up in the moment. We don't have a Breece Hall to ride anymore but we should be able to drive the ball all game. If not then yes, I agree, not a great look for White. 

Zach sounded better today. hopefully this is all a learning experience for him. Since im sure he isnt stupid and knows there will be seriously competition in camp this summer, his job should be to come in ready to roll and make the decision real hard on the coaches. 

• Like 1

Honestly this is what had to happen, even if Mike White is worse. If he publicly took full responsibility after the game then I could've understood him keeping the job for another week, but the way Zach handled it was just terrible.

Zach was handed the job here from day 1 and guaranteed it regardless of performance up until this moment. He needed to be shown that he's held accountable and we need to see how he reacts to that.  Saleh's done a good job this year.

Edited by TheChad
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Thought Zach came off well in his presser, definitely been humbled a bit

Well it is nice too see him admit it and try to turn it around. Now I want to see him do it. I don't care how bad White plays he is the starter until Zach proves to his team and coaches he belongs. I don't see this happening but at least he has a path and FINAL the kid gloves are off. You can play your way right out the league very fast Zach so you better start to at leasat act like a NFL QB and lead. 

14 hours ago, Colt45fool said:

Dan Orlovsky did an interesting breakdown of some plays Zach had and it seems like Zach may be expecting some routes to be run and thats not whats being called. Maybe its just one play, but I feel like theres more of this to be found in the tape.

Yeah and Phil Simms said Orlovsky doesn't know what he's talking about. Simms sees the tape a whole lot differently. 

So much of Orlovsky

13 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Absolutely. Again, all we need for MW to do is keep it simply and not get caught up in the moment. We don't have a Breece Hall to ride anymore but we should be able to drive the ball all game. If not then yes, I agree, not a great look for White. 

How sad is it that our OC has no answer to putting points on the board when you lose B.Hall, the best offenses in football don't put all their eggs in one basket they all have to improvise. One man an offense does not make. MLF is grasping at straws and incapable of putting a game plan together where we can put points on the board.

I don't have the stats, but I would be curious to know what our 1st half point scoring average would be under MLF this season, never mind last years. Just looked it up the Jets are 26th in the league in scoring in the 1st half with a 9 point average. 

Now take into account that a few of those games the defense put points on the board in that same time period, then that average would drop.

Say what you want about Zack, but the play calling comes from MLF and I'm sorry he hasn't put Zack, the WR's, TE's or RB in a position to score points. Say what you want about E.Moore, but he is a weapon, and he is an asset and MLF can't find anything to get him involved. 

B.S.

3 hours ago, Big T said:

Say what you want about Zack, but the play calling comes from MLF and I'm sorry he hasn't put Zack, the WR's, TE's or RB in a position to score points. Say what you want about E.Moore, but he is a weapon, and he is an asset and MLF can't find anything to get him involved.

I hate to be so blunt, but you are completely wrong on this. I will agree that MLF floundered a bit at the beginning of last season. When he went into the booth, that changed.

If you took a look at some of the media clips from last game, WR were wide open. Zach either did not throw to them or made a poor pass. How on earth is that MLF’s fault?  Defenses are selling out to stop the run which is why the WR are open.  If the D is doing that, the run game will suffer. Again, it is because of Zach, not MLF.

You are not winning an Indy 500 race if you are the only car limited to using a Yugo engine in your race car. No matter how aerodynamic the car design or how good the driver, you ain’t winning.