Week 12 Thread: (5-6) Falcons at (6-5) Commanders - 1 PM on FOX

MikeT14

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The fact that Payne got up and slapped his hands on his helmet told me that he felt he was stupid for not touching mariota.

Well I guess we know now who will be franchise tagged next yr. 

Edited by 4209

Jahan Dotson was pretty non-existent this game. Did this have anything to do with his hamstring and the field condition maybe? He was hurt when Heinicke first came in and since he's been back him and Heinicke do not seem to have much of a connection. I think Wentz had a better connection with Dotson. Will be interesting to watch going forward. I'd like for him to have the same connection with Dotson that he does with McLaurin, because they can do a lot of the same things and it takes the pressure off of McLaurin. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Umbaugh21 said:

Jahan Dotson was pretty non-existent this game. Did this have anything to do with his hamstring and the field condition maybe? He was hurt when Heinicke first came in and since he's been back him and Heinicke do not seem to have much of a connection. I think Wentz had a better connection with Dotson. Will be interesting to watch going forward. I'd like for him to have the same connection with Dotson that he does with McLaurin, because they can do a lot of the same things and it takes the pressure off of McLaurin. 

Might just be another Jamin Davis situation. Kinda wish we would’ve just picked Devon Lloyd after the trade down. 

2 hours ago, Umbaugh21 said:

When Heinicke is out there, Jahan is his 4th option. Heinicke has great chemistry with Terry - he even forces it too him sometimes when he probably shouldn’t - and with Logan Thomas.

I’d even argue seeing as this is Samuel’s 2nd year here that Heinicke has better chemistry with him too.

On top of that, right now we are clearly a run first team. We are running the ball 60% of the time which means less opportunities for our WRs to make plays.

We aren’t trying to sling it around the yard like the first few games of the season when Wentz was starting. We’ve figured out a formula that’s working & winning games w/ Heinicke & that means a guy like Dotson who’s a rookie & deosnt have much chemistry with Heinicke is going to see less targets; that’s all it is to me.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Might just be another Jamin Davis situation. Kinda wish we would’ve just picked Devon Lloyd after the trade down. 

We had no clue if Curtis Samuel would stay healthy or could even play this year after last year went. Taking a WR was 100% the right move.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I don't think he's at 100% with that hammy. 

I also think Dotson is Heinicke’s 4th option after:

1. Terry

2. Logan

3: Samuel 

Plus we’re running the ball 60% of the game now and just throwing it 40% of the plays. Heinicke only attempted 23 passes yesterday.

28 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We had no clue if Curtis Samuel would stay healthy or could even play this year after last year went. Taking a WR was 100% the right move.

Then they should’ve just stayed pat and took Olave. Either way, the injury certainly slowed Dotson’s development. Hopefully he plays well next year. 

13 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Then they should’ve just stayed pat and took Olave. Either way, the injury certainly slowed Dotson’s development. Hopefully he plays well next year. 

Didn't we get Robinson by trading down. seems like a decent move to me .

50 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I wanted that too at the time, but if we hadn’t done that you know we wouldn’t have several players that we did draft including your man crush’s Brian Robinson & Sam Howell. And we also got Cole Turner out of that draft who’s flashed his size & athleticism some when he got to play this year.

I have zero concerns about Dotson. He showed what he could do before his injury. His injury kept him out a month or 6 weeks & obviously meant he didn’t play w/ Heinicke & now we’re running 60% of the snaps so that’s less targets for our WR, TE & RBs. He’s just our 4th option in our passing game right now since Logan loos back to 100% & Logan has great chemistry w/ Heinicke.

Edited by turtle28