Week 12: San Francisco 49ers vs New Orleans Saints

J-ALL-DAY

Saints offense can be sneaky good.. and I think they are way more dangerous if Winston gets the nod. Taysom Hill can't be ignored and Olave can really STRETCH the field... oh yeah Kamara is in that backfield as well.

That said.. 49ers 34, Saints 20

Jusz will get himself a TD, Deebo will definitely get into it with Lattimore, and Jimmy will throw for 250+ to impress his future coaches.

Edited by adamq

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Shouldn't take this game for granted, but this should be a win. 

Yeah. Outside of a couple of busts against the Chargers and Bears, we've been immune to deeper passes down the field and forced everyone to dink and dunk and make consistent plays on offense. I'd love to keep Olave from the bigger plays on Sunday in that same fashion. They'll get theirs underneath, but any time they're behind schedule, the drive will likely die. On the other side of the ball, I think it's going to take a monster defensive line effort to keep our offense from getting to 27 points, period. You aren't going to blanket the weapons with coverage, so you're going to have to win with pass rush and with the defensive line in the running game to handle the array of threats without being over-stretched. The Saints are capable of making our lives less fun in the run game, but their pass rush is not going to get the job done. And if you don't get Jimmy G off platform, you're going to have an unfun time on defense because covering everyone is not a thing and if you don't cover everyone, then you have to figure out a way to tackle them after the catch. Having an array of some of the best after the catch threats in NFL history makes that difficult. 

• Like 1

Its crazy how we all of a sudden have a surplus of elite or borderline elite offensive playmakers with McCaffrey, Kittle, Samuel & Aiyuk. And thats not even counting solid players like Mitchell, Juice & Jennings

Stinkers will happen here and there but this offense should be consistently putting up 27 + each game

• Like 2

8 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Its crazy how we all of a sudden have a surplus of elite or borderline elite offensive playmakers with McCaffrey, Kittle, Samuel & Aiyuk. And thats not even counting solid players like Mitchell, Juice & Jennings

Stinkers will happen here and there but this offense should be consistently putting up 27 + each game

Talent is there with these weapons, but it could be the combo of meh OL and therefore an unsettled QB that causes issues with that 27+ goal. I wonder what our T.O.P. is also, since our D has had troubles getting off the field on 3rd down. 

• Like 3

Because the 49ers didn’t return to the Bay Area from Mexico City until 6:15 a.m. Tuesday, Shanahan gave the players Wednesday morning off. Wednesday practices usually start at 1:45 p.m. This one began at 4:03 p.m. and was conducted inside Levi’s Stadium without helmets or pads. The 49ers also will have a lighter-than-normal practice Thursday, which usually is their most strenuous practice of the week.

The 49ers have not been very good following week-long stays away from Santa Clara under Shanahan. They are 1-4 in those situations, the most recent being their 44-23 loss to the Chiefs following their week in West Virginia.

Shanahan also noted that Thanksgiving can be distracting because so many players have relatives in town.

“I have to remind young guys that it’s their (family members’) vacation, this is your job,” he said. “So don’t feel guilty for not hanging out with your uncle late at night. Hang out with him on Sunday night.”

Playing at 7,200 feet in Mexico City also took its toll, with Nick Bosa calling the experience with the thin air “brutal.”

“A big emphasis this week is getting our minds and bodies rested and not just grinding ourselves into a pulp,” he said. “We’ve got to be smart, prepare more mentally this week, then be ready to roll.”

-The Athletic

Can definitely see this being a sluggish game

• Like 2

We aren't going to have any real practices this week which could be a problem. I definitely anticipate a sluggish start, but eventually our talent should take over.

Deebo was struggling to finish the Cardinals game but I didn't know it was due to his hammy. Frustrating but I'd be pretty cautious with him. 

• Like 3