Week 12: San Francisco 49ers vs New Orleans Saints

J-ALL-DAY

We need to really lock down all these wins before the inevitable Jimmy G injury happens and he misses a week or two. Seems like he escaped one today but we know this man's history so it is better to just bank on him missing a game or two in the last six games lol. 

• Like 1

I'm curious to see the pressure rates given up by the offensive line. Seemed like night and day compared to the Cardinals game. Maybe New Orleans just had a good defensive game plan, because they more or less shut down the run, and just did a good job in the secondary. Sometimes it's just about matchups. 

Also wondering about the defensive pressure rate. Dalton did get out of a couple of scrapes that could have went down as sacks. Armstead I hope can play against the Dolphins. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they call the penalty on Harris who was covering Jennings and NOT McCloud??? Are you freaking kidding me??????? Someone PLEASE tell me how this man is not the worst beat writer covering the team?? Like he can't really be THIS bad, can he???? 

I'm going to re-watch the game but could it be the pressure rate won't end up being all that high on second watch? Jimmy got hit six times on 37 drop backs which doesn't seem terribly bad but he also has a quick trigger so that could seem misleading. I know there was a stretch in the first half where he was getting hit on seemingly every throw but other times he had all day in the pocket. Dalton got hit 5 times on 30 drop backs which is the same percentage as Jimmy and it didn't seem like he was under duress at any point of the game. 

That Saints defense is a major problem when they are healthy and they didn't even have Lattimore. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they call the penalty on Harris who was covering Jennings and NOT McCloud??? Are you freaking kidding me??????? Someone PLEASE tell me how this man is not the worst beat writer covering the team?? Like he can't really be THIS bad, can he???? 

LOL, as I figured! That had nothing to do with McCloud being bumped off his spot as it was clearly inside of five yards of the LOS. 

Let's start a petition to get that man off the beat ASAP.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LOL, as I figured! That had nothing to do with McCloud being bumped off his spot as it was clearly inside of five yards of the LOS. 

Let's start a petition to get that man off the beat ASAP.

He's awful. 

Just now, Forge said:

He's awful. 

He said the Jennings pass was a good play...I mean the end result does not equate to the pass being good....like at all lol. Just like how he would pump up EPA on Deebo taking a screen pass 80 yards against the Bears.

Lombardi is flat out the worst 49ers beat reporter BY FAR. That is not even in question. Like he's full of awful takes and will then try to act like he is the smartest person in the room when he has EPA/advanced stats in front of him. 

Jimmy made some big boy throws in the middle of some serious pressure early one but he also got bailed out on some bad throws. It was a typical Jimmy G game against a good, stout defense. We don't need to lie and act like he played a great game just because a INT got taken off the board on a holding call that had nothing to do with the INT and then the Jennings TD that happened off a lucky bounce. 

Grant has continued to point out how bad this offense is against non-divisional opponents and there seems to be a lot of truth to that....at this present moment at least. We have scored 10, 10, 37, 14, 23, 16 and 13 points in seven games against non-divisional opponents. That's less than 18 PPG ouch! I think this should get better the rest of the way but it is certainly something to pay attention to. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Jimmy made some big boy throws in the middle of some serious pressure early one but he also got bailed out on some bad throws. It was a typical Jimmy G game against a good, stout defense. We don't need to lie and act like he played a great game just because a INT got taken off the board on a holding call that had nothing to do with the INT and then the Jennings TD that happened off a lucky bounce. 

Lombardi was in full Jimmy fan boy mode and kawakami chose yesterday to write a Jimmy g is a winner article rather than something about the defense.

Weird day. Guessing it had to do with the win loss record through 59 games graphic that went around