“Honoring” Sean Taylor

naptownskinsfan

Just received an email from the team that they are “honoring” Taylor’s life and legacy on the 15th anniversary of his passing by having exclusive merch available at the stadium and online, installing a permanent memorial at Fed Ex Field and having his daughter as the honorary captain.  

Of course, being the 15th anniversary of this, one would expect less than five full days notice of this, and should not expect this to be a way to deflect negative attention from Daniel and Tanya

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Just received an email from the team that they are “honoring” Taylor’s life and legacy on the 15th anniversary of his passing by having exclusive merch available at the stadium and online, installing a permanent memorial at Fed Ex Field and having his daughter as the honorary captain.  

Of course, being the 15th anniversary of this, one would expect less than five full days notice of this, and should not expect this to be a way to deflect negative attention from Daniel and Tanya

#selltheteam

Stop dragging tragedies into the public's eye as publicity stunts. Just sell the damn team. Brian Robinson didn't deserve to be mentioned. Sean Taylor's family doesn't deserve half hearted attempts to honor the fallen. 

• Like 1

I really don’t care why they’re doing it but it’s the correct thing to do. He’s almost a mythical figure at this point amongst this fanbase. Just so sad and he’ll always be loved by all of us. Personally I can’t wait to see it unveiled and hope they’ll be able to move it to the new stadium in DC once Bezos gets the RFK site. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I really don’t care why they’re doing it but it’s the correct thing to do. He’s almost a mythical figure at this point amongst this fanbase. Just so sad and he’ll always be loved by all of us. Personally I can’t wait to see it unveiled and hope they’ll be able to move it to the new stadium in DC once Bezos gets the RFK site. 

It’s a great gesture, but honestly if I had won this franchise a Super Bowl, I’d feel like I was kicked in the nuts by this franchise. Why isn’t there a Joe Gibbs statue outside the stadium? Or a Hogs statue?

12 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Gibbs is a very humble guy and Dan Snyder worships him. My guess is Dan probably wanted too and Joe didn't want it. 

I doubt it was even considered. Dan  knows he can still profit off of Sean’s sad death & he’s been doing it for 15 years.

Edited by turtle28