Week 12 GDT - Bears vs Cougar Nation

Sugashane

No need to hide your moms, the game is at MetLife Stadium.

Unsure what the score will be, hopefully Fields is sitting because I really want the highest draft pick possible and of the teams left to play, I think Wilson is the starting QB with the highest likelihood to hand us the win.

If Fields plays then I think we still lose because our OL can't handle their DL, and I don't want Quinnen Williams lining up over Mustipher to get a bunch of shots at Fields. If Flacco is the starter I think Chicago loses soundly, he is their best QB by a wide margin IMO.

• Like 1

ha ha  lets GOO Cougar NATION  !  keep stacking these Ls,  6 more to go  !!

as member of cougar nation, did my undergrad at BYU-hawaii,  attended provo campus for a semester ....and was born in provo, my mom and dad traveled there from south carolina for gradschool  

love giving ZW this pitiful D to go against and get it going 

Fields better not play ! not against these killers  !! this D is too nasty  

Poles and Flus won't allow it,   I just wish the GB game was after the bye   bc they'll probably keep him out until after the bye, I know I would... then bring him back last month of the season

expecting something like  27-10 Jets

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dafreak said:

Trevor Siemian starts, does well and raises some questions about Fields. Bears win 23-13.

and he does it in the air, hooking up with chase claypool for 200 passing yards and 3tds, while passing 400 air yards total.

Not gonna lie, watching all the meatheads meltdown about how Siemian is the goat and Fields sucks would be entertaining.

Edited by Epyon
  • Like 1

I remember I was going to play directly against a guy I knew in HS. 

We played football together growing up and both he and I knew he had no chance of blocking me in that game. 

It was going to be a huge stat game for me.  Probably would have let me make all conference team.  Then my brother decides to get married on a Friday night day of that game and I missed it.  

Still bitter.  

Anyway. Point is this is same feeling Quinnen Williams is feeling getting to face Mustipher this week.   This is a stat game for him.   

I was looking through a Denver message board.

One guy posted a thread that they should have drafted Fields.

But only like one other poster agreed with him.   The more consensus feeling seems to be that if there was a redo that they should have drafted Micah Parsons.

Parson is a great player, but come on.  This is the QB position.  To me that is a really dumb take.  But not an uncommon one.  I have seen it elsewhere too and on twitter.  

Fields still has perception to general fandom that he is runner who can't throw and is not coveted outside Chicago.   Funny thing is a number of posters said just ask a Chicago fan, they are not even sold on Fields which kind of made me LOL.    I didn't want to register and argue with them.  

The whole argument in offseason nationally was we couldn't know about Fields because the offensive talent around him was so bad.   Which is a reasonable take.   But in spite of that when he demonstrates great talent and scores points why does that prior argument or position suddenly go out window?  It's like everyone forgot they said it.    

Because he ran for so many yards and hasn't thrown for a ton?  He still threw very well from clean pockets, which are few and far between, but still.   He has demonstrated arm talent and accuracy when given opportunities.

Does he always throw with perfect timing and anticipation?   No.  But why would you expect that consistently at this point given both his experience and situation?

I am not saying he is an established elite QB going forward, but you have to acknowledge he has demonstrated franchise QB potential at the NFL level.  Very few outside of Chicago fans really want to do that.

Other thing is I remember predraft that Fields was a fan favorite for many. 

I would say after Clemson game Fields was #2 for most fans after Lawrence.   Then some commentators said he was slow to make decisions and couldn't process.   Others said Ohio St. Qbs are bad.    

Then Wilson has this amazing pro day that everyone hyped to stars.   As if a pro day means anything at all.   I know local high school kids that throw really pretty 60 yard balls hitting their guys in stride.   All in shorts and a t-shirt.   It means less than nothing.   Heck give me a youth size football and a few months of throwing and I can do same.  Well maybe 45 yards at this point.   

Than Simms says Wilson is number one.  And so many are sold on Wilson from that point on.   

I would say most of SF board wanted Fields as soon as they made trade.

But later people started talking Mac Jones or Trey Lance and they were like give me Trey Lance.   We don't want Mac.   Then Trey Lance was actually 3rd QB drafted and he became defacto better than Fields for some reason with 1/5 the resume.

I get it.   I talked up Trubisky potential when it looked like we might take him and then we did take him.   You do it because you want to believe.  You have no choice after your team takes him.  It's human nature.

At some point you have to accept reality.   Fields can play in this league given some talent around him.   He is doing it without it.   

I wonder when that point will be for people's perception of Fields amongst that class.   He isn't established yet, but to me he is a clear number 2 to Lawrence and may end up number 1 if he can get some talent around him and grow in anticipatory throws.

Or another possibility is he keeps getting hurt and never pans out like he could have.

But I have said from day 1 that no one can tell me he doesn't have the talent to be a franchise QB in this league.   He clearly does.  

A) I kinda like Wilson. You're an NFL player,  get out there and live your life like the plot of an adult film. 

B) Unless the Bears front office is just terrified of getting involved in an in-season personell decision, they too should be all about icing Fields.  He's shown enough to prove his nature and skills, and at least to have bought a year to prove it with better talent.  I'm not going to say there is NO positive outcomes from playing him the rest of the year, but getting game reps does not balance out against the likelihood, or even the certainty, that he's going to get this **** mixed again this season with his play style and the cast around him.

C) Denver sports fans and media, including Albright whom I actually really like, have generated a reality distortion field aroudn that team, specifically the 2021 draft.  By any metric you'd have to think they'd be better off with a rookie QB with promise than they would be with Wilson, his giant contract, and no picks going forward. Even if Wilson had worked out you could make the argument (which I'd nod along with) that you'd be better with Fields. 

D) If they do ice Fields, I have no idea what to do during Bears games now, since the defense is unwatchable (is Gordon going to bust?) and the offense without Fields is worse. 

18 minutes ago, RunningVaccs said:

A) I kinda like Wilson. You're an NFL player,  get out there and live your life like the plot of an adult film. 

B) Unless the Bears front office is just terrified of getting involved in an in-season personell decision, they too should be all about icing Fields.  He's shown enough to prove his nature and skills, and at least to have bought a year to prove it with better talent.  I'm not going to say there is NO positive outcomes from playing him the rest of the year, but getting game reps does not balance out against the likelihood, or even the certainty, that he's going to get this **** mixed again this season with his play style and the cast around him.

C) Denver sports fans and media, including Albright whom I actually really like, have generated a reality distortion field aroudn that team, specifically the 2021 draft.  By any metric you'd have to think they'd be better off with a rookie QB with promise than they would be with Wilson, his giant contract, and no picks going forward. Even if Wilson had worked out you could make the argument (which I'd nod along with) that you'd be better with Fields. 

D) If they do ice Fields, I have no idea what to do during Bears games now, since the defense is unwatchable (is Gordon going to bust?) and the offense without Fields is worse. 

Run draft sims and trades.   Sign or trade for star vets.

Dream of blue chip players.   Or at least a new center. 

Still thinking about last weeks game.   Falcons  DBs couldn't run with Mooney. 

As soon as that became apparent, if you didn't already know from scouting which you should have, shouldn't that alter the game plan going forward?

Just a terrible plan all the way around for Bears staff.  Terrible.  

When Fields is telling the world is legs are 'heavy' shouldn't you be thinking, "Crap, we have to lessen his load this week and have a plan for it."    Even if he said nothing at all you just rode him through the Iditarod last several weeks.   Have some common sense man.   

I am just utterly disgusted by what they did.  They lost a lot of respect from me.  A lot.

• Like 1