Week 12 GDT - Bears vs Cougar Nation

Sugashane

1 hour ago, beardown3231 said:

I hope we all remember this "don't get him hurt in pointless games" mindset when people argue he shouldn't play in the preseason next year either

Fair, however I'm not sure a preseason game has ever had more red flags that the Bears right now. You could make the argument a preseason game serves more purpose and has a better possible outcome than the Bears in season right now, as:

-Not going to the playoffs

-Absolutely lethal offensive line

-Pass catchers need a week and a fast car to get open

-Best gameplan involves the QB setting rushing records every week, coaches want to win so they are happy to lean on this so long as Fields has a pulse

-QB seems to have the self preservation instincts of a moth around a street light, and also wants to win as long as he has a pulse

-The supporting cast he gets reps with will hopefully look way different next year when they use paper money instead of couch coins

And then there's the big picture which has the Bears potentially drafting top 3, and possibly turning that pick into a whole bunch of starters.

Poles has shown that he's willing to be absolutely ruthless with a teardown if it serves the long term outlook for this team, so hopefully he's willing to tell the rest of the staff to be similarly committed to preserving the teams best and rarest asset. Clean books are great for team building, but you know what's better? Having a QB in the building so you can build that team. 

18 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

It's hideous, man, you keep it. 

Actually a season or two of pretty quality kids cartoons.  Some stinkers, but some good ones.  Very famous and well known.   

Shocked you didn’t recognize Patrick.  

Episode where the squirrel Sandy hibernates and Sponge Bob and Patrick wander into her undersea home in winter is pretty funny.  

On 11/24/2022 at 2:42 PM, AZBearsFan said:

QBs should always play a little in the preseason IMO. Game speed timing and all. But, there’s a difference between playing him there and him running QB sweeps there too. 

And when he is healthy compared to being hurt before the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MonserinNC said:

Why is Fields still "questionable" ..... like why are we playing these games? Haha.... he is stonily not good at avoiding hits....we can work on that....but just not this week....it's stupid

Yep. Every coach thinks they can get that little advantage by playing the same meaningless game. It is stupid. 

1 hour ago, MonserinNC said:

Why is Fields still "questionable" ..... like why are we playing these games? Haha.... he is stonily not good at avoiding hits....we can work on that....but just not this week....it's stupid

There's clips of him practicing this week too... he didn't look that bad..  He strikes me as the kind of guy who would fight to stay playing/starting as well (he played 2 his last two college games with cracked ribs)....... That being said, the coaches need to step up and protect a dude from himself if need be.....

Then again, I also have this suspicion it's all some elaborate 4D chess, big brain attempt to bluff NYJ into preparing for Fields before they expertly pull out their Trevor Simien trump card and you know... umm... well..... "take them by surprise" I guess? 

I mean it will definitely be surprising when they face an offensive line that doesn't block them, AND a qb that can't run away from them.

• Like 1

Playing Fields and not having option to run with this teams current talent and available talent is a huge mistake.

Not only because he is likely to make existing injuries worse, but get new ones.  

Not only that limiting options will likely make our offense much worse and destroy built up confidence.  

It will also fuel doubters which collectively with media amplification can make a difference to a player and team.  

It also increases chance of a meaningless win and drop in a crowded draft spot. 

• Like 2

Guess it isn’t Cougar nation anymore.

Does Wilson still have a gig without terrible press conference and NY media amplifying locker room disquiet? 

I wonder.  Seems early to bail on a high draft young QB who has battled some injuries this year.  

But I guess if he isn’t going to be good and you believe that, why wait one more minute past that realization.

I do wonder if it is that or coach fears losing locker room in a winning season.  

Hard for me to say as I have not watched Jets much this year.  

On 11/24/2022 at 8:42 AM, beardown3231 said:

I hope we all remember this "don't get him hurt in pointless games" mindset when people argue he shouldn't play in the preseason next year either

I think there is a distinction worth making between getting game reps in when healthy vs risking additional injury/further damaging his shoulder in games that in the end will not mean anything to the team this year.  In the preseason, getting some of the rust off and building timing with your WRs can help with the success for the season, especially for a young guy without much game time.  Not much benefit to having him in at this point, considering the risks.

• Like 3