Jump to content
theJ

Week 12 - CARP LIVES ON

What will you be doing this Sunday during the game?  

3 members have voted

  1. 1. ???

    • Digesting turkey
      0
    • Sleeping
      1
    • All of the above
      3


Recommended Posts

I stand by my comments. Cop out chicken **** call. That would NEVER be called in Gillette or Heinz Fields

Edited by brooks1957

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

I stand by my comments. Cop out chicken **** call. That would NEVER be called in Gillette or Heinz Fields

watching it live, I thought it was the right call... at first.  But the replay showed the shoulder to shoulder hit..... until the super slo mo showed Peppers' helmet did make contact with Malone's helmet.  Ticky tack at best, but he did hit his helmet.

 

And for the record,  you are coming to the fan base of a team who sports the league's #1 villiam, who gets ejected for nothing and draws flags on questionable hits, and even gets suspended for what is a legal, but unnecessary, hit.  And we never get calls in Pitt or Boston either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Handfighting goes uncalled all the time.  

3 steps with the ball IN your hands does not a "defenseless" receiver make.

Believe me, I'm a fan of refs just letting the guys play.  But that wasn't hand fighting, that was the DB holding Malone's hand...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

And for the record, the penalty hurt, but if Malone had taken as many as three steps, that makes it a fumble out of bonds and the ball much closer to the goal line for us.  Just sayin'

I heard the same argument and had the same reply, which promptly shut the other person up.  I'd rather have had the 30-35 yard completion in that case, whatever it was.  Malone was out the next several plays regardless.

I also found Peppers hilarious when Mixon ran him over and took his helmet off with his knee for a first down and Peppers got up and started celebrating like he made a big play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I heard the same argument and had the same reply, which promptly shut the other person up.  I'd rather have had the 30-35 yard completion in that case, whatever it was.  Malone was out the next several plays regardless.

I also found Peppers hilarious when Mixon ran him over and took his helmet off with his knee for a first down and Peppers got up and started celebrating like he made a big play.

Peppers sucks.. all he has is running his mouth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

Peppers sucks.. all he has is running his mouth

He had a bad weekend all around.  First Mich loses to THE Ohio State University, then this.  The play where Mixon bowled him over right after the sideline penalty was priceless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll have to make my mouthy step daughter watch highlights with me later. Shocked at a running game. I had given up on it with our o line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The O line was solid. But Garrett did dominate Ced a few times that made me laugh. I hate that we keep winning. Somehow this will save Marvin's job and get us a middle of the round pick....Also they need to stop making Ross inactive. I hate this team 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OL has looked better since Andre Smith is back to being the full time RT.  He still struggles but he also has more positive plays and is much better in the run game than Fisher.  We still need a new center, RG, and LG.  Ced I'm Ok with at LT.  He's not great but I'd rather re-build the interior first...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

OL has looked better since Andre Smith is back to being the full time RT.  He still struggles but he also has more positive plays and is much better in the run game than Fisher.  We still need a new center, RG, and LG.  Ced I'm Ok with at LT.  He's not great but I'd rather re-build the interior first...

What are you drinking? Thinking Ced is OK at LT is crazy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

What are you drinking? Thinking Ced is OK at LT is crazy. 

Watching other LTs in the NFL is what makes me think that.  There's just a lot of bad OTs these days.  Ced is not good but he's #3 on the list of OL that need to be replaced right now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Watching other LTs in the NFL is what makes me think that.  There's just a lot of bad OTs these days.  Ced is not good but he's #3 on the list of OL that need to be replaced right now...

personally i think it is him and bodine that need to be replaced ASAP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

personally i think it is him and bodine that need to be replaced ASAP. 

Bodine, Hopkins, and then Ced.  For Ced, if we're in range to get a good OT in the 1st round, then absolutely pull the trigger.  But I'd rather grab a guard like Quintin Nelson in the first and replace Hopkins than reach for a OT if the top guys are gone by the time we pick (We're not in the top 10 anymore).  Then in the second round get a center like Billy Price...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know much about this draft yet, but I read that Nelson is a stud and should be the pick in the 12th pick or whatever we have now. I am all for that. Or the Oklahoma OT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×