Jump to content
theJ

Week 12 - CARP LIVES ON

What will you be doing this Sunday during the game?  

3 members have voted

  1. 1. ???

    • Digesting turkey
      0
    • Sleeping
      1
    • All of the above
      3


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Just saw on Twitter Ced graded out at 35 overall by PFF yesterday. 

is that better or worse than uaual?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Just saw on Twitter Ced graded out at 35 overall by PFF yesterday. 

He got owned by Garrett a couple of times but did well outside of those 2 IMO.  My issue with Ced isn't if he gives up a sack, it's if he allows pressure on a constant basis and I thought he didn't on Sunday.  Will have to go back to watch the game though to confirm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Bodine, Hopkins, and then Ced.  For Ced, if we're in range to get a good OT in the 1st round, then absolutely pull the trigger.  But I'd rather grab a guard like Quintin Nelson in the first and replace Hopkins than reach for a OT if the top guys are gone by the time we pick (We're not in the top 10 anymore).  Then in the second round get a center like Billy Price...

Hopkins hasn't played much.  I'd rather upgrade the center, and maybe bring in a FA guard.  A good center can make a guard look better.  Nothing will make Ced better.  He still needs replaced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beck Bristow said:

He might work at guard. Probably not. Doesn't have the mentality to dominate the point of attack.

I'll say this, I did read a report about how Ced's best season at Texas A&M was at guard...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'll say this, I did read a report about how Ced's best season at Texas A&M was at guard...

Because he had quality linemen around him...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

He might work at guard. Probably not. Doesn't have the mentality to dominate the point of attack.

Sometimes guys can transition to guard from tackle because they didn't have the athleticism or footwork to compete at tackle.  But that's not Ced's problem.  It's somewhat footwork (but more technique than clumsy feet), but mostly terrible use of hands and a softness that really looks like lack of effort most of the time.

Maybe someone finally got in his head that he's not going to be around next year if he doesn't shape up.  It could explain a small uptick in play the last couple of weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theJ said:

Sometimes guys can transition to guard from tackle because they didn't have the athleticism or footwork to compete at tackle.  But that's not Ced's problem.  It's somewhat footwork (but more technique than clumsy feet), but mostly terrible use of hands and a softness that really looks like lack of effort most of the time.

Maybe someone finally got in his head that he's not going to be around next year if he doesn't shape up.  It could explain a small uptick in play the last couple of weeks.

Or his agent reminded him that this off-season is the year to kick in the fifth year option... or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theJ said:

Sometimes guys can transition to guard from tackle because they didn't have the athleticism or footwork to compete at tackle.  But that's not Ced's problem.  It's somewhat footwork (but more technique than clumsy feet), but mostly terrible use of hands and a softness that really looks like lack of effort most of the time.

Maybe someone finally got in his head that he's not going to be around next year if he doesn't shape up.  It could explain a small uptick in play the last couple of weeks.

The biggest play Garrett had on Ced, Ced stepped back to pass block and didnt even put his hands up. Just got destroyed. It is lazy play and lack of technique for sure. They were always raving about his athleticism, but it doesnt matter if he doesn't even try to use his hands. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×