Week 12 - CARP LIVES ON

theJ

What will you be doing this Sunday during the game?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. ???

• Digesting turkey
    • Sleeping
    • All of the above

26 minutes ago, brooks1957 said:

I stand by my comments. Cop out chicken **** call. That would NEVER be called in Gillette or Heinz Fields

watching it live, I thought it was the right call... at first.  But the replay showed the shoulder to shoulder hit..... until the super slo mo showed Peppers' helmet did make contact with Malone's helmet.  Ticky tack at best, but he did hit his helmet.

And for the record,  you are coming to the fan base of a team who sports the league's #1 villiam, who gets ejected for nothing and draws flags on questionable hits, and even gets suspended for what is a legal, but unnecessary, hit.  And we never get calls in Pitt or Boston either.

5 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Handfighting goes uncalled all the time.  

3 steps with the ball IN your hands does not a "defenseless" receiver make.

Believe me, I'm a fan of refs just letting the guys play.  But that wasn't hand fighting, that was the DB holding Malone's hand...

13 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

And for the record, the penalty hurt, but if Malone had taken as many as three steps, that makes it a fumble out of bonds and the ball much closer to the goal line for us.  Just sayin'

I heard the same argument and had the same reply, which promptly shut the other person up.  I'd rather have had the 30-35 yard completion in that case, whatever it was.  Malone was out the next several plays regardless.

I also found Peppers hilarious when Mixon ran him over and took his helmet off with his knee for a first down and Peppers got up and started celebrating like he made a big play.

11 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I heard the same argument and had the same reply, which promptly shut the other person up.  I'd rather have had the 30-35 yard completion in that case, whatever it was.  Malone was out the next several plays regardless.

I also found Peppers hilarious when Mixon ran him over and took his helmet off with his knee for a first down and Peppers got up and started celebrating like he made a big play.

Peppers sucks.. all he has is running his mouth

OL has looked better since Andre Smith is back to being the full time RT.  He still struggles but he also has more positive plays and is much better in the run game than Fisher.  We still need a new center, RG, and LG.  Ced I'm Ok with at LT.  He's not great but I'd rather re-build the interior first...

16 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

OL has looked better since Andre Smith is back to being the full time RT.  He still struggles but he also has more positive plays and is much better in the run game than Fisher.  We still need a new center, RG, and LG.  Ced I'm Ok with at LT.  He's not great but I'd rather re-build the interior first...

What are you drinking? Thinking Ced is OK at LT is crazy. 

28 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Watching other LTs in the NFL is what makes me think that.  There's just a lot of bad OTs these days.  Ced is not good but he's #3 on the list of OL that need to be replaced right now...

personally i think it is him and bodine that need to be replaced ASAP. 

13 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

personally i think it is him and bodine that need to be replaced ASAP. 

Bodine, Hopkins, and then Ced.  For Ced, if we're in range to get a good OT in the 1st round, then absolutely pull the trigger.  But I'd rather grab a guard like Quintin Nelson in the first and replace Hopkins than reach for a OT if the top guys are gone by the time we pick (We're not in the top 10 anymore).  Then in the second round get a center like Billy Price...

Archived