Gameday Thread: Week 12 - DEN @CAR 1:05pm EST

broncos67

1 minute ago, Griff254 said:

I mean I get it George has done a lot of good but his mistake on Wilson is going to set this franchise back for years to come. A mistake he might never overcome

Add hiring Hackett and firing the entire staff, replacing them with unqualified buddy's and you've got the Hat Trick.

23 minutes ago, Griff254 said:

I mean I get it George has done a lot of good but his mistake on Wilson is going to set this franchise back for years to come. A mistake he might never overcome

I don't have any ill will towards Paton for that trade whatsoever. After years of QB purgatory, 100/100 I would have pulled the exact same trigger on that, as would have 99% of the people on this forum. No one outside of Pete Carroll could have known just HOW glaring Wilson's deficiencies actually were, and he was a mastermind at covering them up. 

I do, however, blame him entirely for his swing and miss on Hackett. I think at this point it's a bit naïve to pretend that luring Rodgers away from Green Bay didn't at least play some role in that hiring. And that was a stupid thing to do. That man is clearly so far in over his head that a 3 ft snorkel wouldn't keep him from drowning. What's crazy is that Rodger has shown a marked drop-off since Hackett's departure. To me this indicates that Hackett's system is definitely effective with a specific type of QB. But his inability to adjust once it became obvious that Wilson can't run that offense is what will be his ultimate downfall. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I get blaming Hackett for the game management and preparation. But the offense is 100% on the 10 year vet who looks like buns. Hackett fired himself and the is the same. 

I mean, its not 100% is it. He has a terrible receiving core (#2, #3, #4 WRs have played 6 games combined) and the OL has the 2nd most combinations in the league. Oh, and the #1 and #2 RBs at present werent on the roster 4 weeks ago. But..... 

If the comment was "the reason this team is doomed for years to come is 100% Wilson" then that would be correct. 

I just cant believe how bad it is. Are you honestly telling me if you just ran go routes all game and tossed up prayers to whoever is in single coverage would be worse than that? 

We are going to give away a top 3 pick for the worst QB in the league. They will talk about this trade for decades. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

I don't have any ill will towards Paton for that trade whatsoever. After years of QB purgatory, 100/100 I would have pulled the exact same trigger on that, as would have 99% of the people on this forum. No one outside of Pete Carroll could have known just HOW glaring Wilson's deficiencies actually were, and he was a mastermind at covering them up. 

I do, however, blame him entirely for his swing and miss on Hackett. I think at this point it's a bit naïve to pretend that luring Rodgers away from Green Bay didn't at least play some role in that hiring. And that was a stupid thing to do. That man is clearly so far in over his head that a 3 ft snorkel wouldn't keep him from drowning. What's crazy is that Rodger has shown a marked drop-off since Hackett's departure. To me this indicates that Hackett's system is definitely effective with a specific type of QB. But his inability to adjust once it became obvious that Wilson can't run that offense is what will be his ultimate downfall. 

I would have made the trade too. Honestly I was extremely excited I thought it was a home run trade. Right now it looks like highway robbery for the Seahawks and maybe two years down the road it won’t. BUT if it’s not figured out with Russ or he’s not creatively pawned off to someone else Paton is going to fall on that sword. He has to find someone that can run a system that Wilson is effective in.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Griff254 said:

I would have made the trade too. Honestly I was extremely excited I thought it was a home run trade. Right now it looks like highway robbery for the Seahawks and maybe two years down the road it won’t. BUT if it’s not figured out with Russ or he’s not creatively pawned off to someone else Paton is going to fall on that sword. He has to find someone that can run a system that Wilson is effective in.

The problem wasn't the Wilson trade - the problem was hiring Hackett and his stream of untried buddies - that is what Paton should be criticised for. If he intended going after Wilson then he should have made sure that his HC knew how to use him rather than trying to jam a square peg into a round hole.

By the way - if the intention of hiring Hackett was to try and get Rodgers - that clearly would have been just as big a disaster.

And this was probably the worst game so far this season - and that is saying something.

There is zero reason to keep Hackett - can you image what things are going to be like in Mile High when the Chiefs play in a couple of weeks - the team will be booed from the start to the finish (that is if there is anyone left in the stands by the end of the game).

If they just seriously blew up the whole thing and I mean the whole thing  - fire everyone from George to the cub scouts and cheerleaders, cut or trade every player, I mean literally every player - up and start from scratch a la an expansion team, they’d have more support from me than what they’re going to get. 

There are diehard, literally life-long Broncos fans, I know who today we’re watching this international kickball tournament, you know, the supposedly corruption free one, rather than the Broncos game. 

Apathy is the biggest risk to the Walmarts. Blow the whole thing up and start from scratch or lose more fans. I’ll be one of them. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

And this was probably the worst game so far this season - and that is saying something.

There is zero reason to keep Hackett - can you image what things are going to be like in Mile High when the Chiefs play in a couple of weeks - the team will be booed from the start to the finish (that is if there is anyone left in the stands by the end of the game).

At this point I’d be surprised if there is anyone in the stands at the start of the game.