Gameday Thread: Week 12 - DEN @CAR 1:05pm EST

broncos67

2 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I raised concerns about our DL depth throughout the off-season and our run D is showing those concerns to be correct. 

That said, who can blame the Defense for checking out mentally on the season? The Offense is averaging THIRTEEN points a game. 

Thats a drum you've been beating for quite a while now, since mid season last year I think. Couldn't agree more. 

I think they're coaxing what they can out of the talent we've got. We just don't have the talent for a good rotation. Kinda like the OL. Half of our starters suck and virtually no depth.

We could use a huge influx of talent on both sides of the LOS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I raised concerns about our DL depth throughout the off-season and our run D is showing those concerns to be correct. 

That said, who can blame the Defense for checking out mentally on the season? The Offense is averaging THIRTEEN points a game. 

Thats a drum you've been beating for quite a while now, since mid season last year I think. Couldn't agree more. 

I think they're coaxing what they can out of the talent we've got. We just don't have the talent for a good rotation. Kinda like the OL. Half of our starters suck and virtually no depth.

We could use a huge influx of talent on both sides of the LOS.

At this point, no amount of rah-rah, new uniform, happy-go-lucky garbage is going to change the apathy the entire fanbase is feeling. 7+ years of anemic offenses, poor coaching decisions, and well below average QB play will do that.

This offseason either needs to see the coach go, the QB go, or both. I don't think anyone could have expected Russ to play this poorly, and there are certainly injuries across the entire offense compounding the issues, but we gotta call a spade a spade and just say he looks like the worst QB in the league. Hackett and Co. aren't adjusting any part of the offense, but that's a separate issue.

Ultimately, the trade was what it was. At the time, I think everyone felt satisfied because of the purgatory we were in. What was the alternative? I don't have an issue with the trade, or frankly, the contract. My opinion of Paton will largely be determined by what he does next. Do we cut bait, accept the sunk cost, and move on? Do we fire Hackett and try to bring in a new coach and a rebuilt OL? Or do the powers-that-be pretend that if everyone was just healthy this would be a better team?

Paton did well to recoup at least one big pick. He's going to need a hell of a lot more.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I mean, its not 100% is it. He has a terrible receiving core (#2, #3, #4 WRs have played 6 games combined) and the OL has the 2nd most combinations in the league. Oh, and the #1 and #2 RBs at present werent on the roster 4 weeks ago. But..... 

If the comment was "the reason this team is doomed for years to come is 100% Wilson" then that would be correct. 

I just cant believe how bad it is. Are you honestly telling me if you just ran go routes all game and tossed up prayers to whoever is in single coverage would be worse than that? 

We are going to give away a top 3 pick for the worst QB in the league. They will talk about this trade for decades. 

What happened with Sutton? How can Wilson not get him going?

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I would argue in part because the absolute lack of weapons anywhere on the offense means all defensive attention can go to Sutton. It's not like Hinton, Jalen Virgil, Montrell Washington, and whoever the hell else we decide to play at WR can strike fear into any opponent.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, broncos67 said:

At this point, no amount of rah-rah, new uniform, happy-go-lucky garbage is going to change the apathy the entire fanbase is feeling. 7+ years of anemic offenses, poor coaching decisions, and well below average QB play will do that.

This offseason either needs to see the coach go, the QB go, or both. I don't think anyone could have expected Russ to play this poorly, and there are certainly injuries across the entire offense compounding the issues, but we gotta call a spade a spade and just say he looks like the worst QB in the league. Hackett and Co. aren't adjusting any part of the offense, but that's a separate issue.

Ultimately, the trade was what it was. At the time, I think everyone felt satisfied because of the purgatory we were in. What was the alternative? I don't have an issue with the trade, or frankly, the contract. My opinion of Paton will largely be determined by what he does next. Do we cut bait, accept the sunk cost, and move on? Do we fire Hackett and try to bring in a new coach and a rebuilt OL? Or do the powers-that-be pretend that if everyone was just healthy this would be a better team?

Paton did well to recoup at least one big pick. He's going to need a hell of a lot more.

See, this is perfect. 

I think now (or at least at the end of the year) is when we find out a great deal about the Walmarts. 

Greg Penner especially, as CEO, needs to get in front of the cameras, say this is unacceptable and we will spare no expense and leave no stone unturned to improve. 

You do have to make changes on the coaching staff - yes, Hackett needs to go as do a lot of assistants - and I think the roster needs a major turnover. We have a lot of good guys, good players, but to start anew we have to flush out the culture and start fresh, that means some good players and good people, though the losing is not their fault directly, need to be replaced. You start fresh with a bunch of new players and a new staff and build a new culture from the ground up. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Bit of everything. Sutton not having the full explosion, Wilson's inability to throw the slants Sutton loves, Sutton dropping balls and as Ben said, some teams just take him out of the game with doubles. 

• Like 3

Don’t think Sutton will ever be the same guy. It’s a shame because I think he was about to make the leap to stardom before the ACL. 

In two calendar years, we saw Sutton, Hamler, Patrick and Williams tear their ACLs. Brutal luck. As a result this team needs to add a difference maker at WR and probably RB too. 

• Like 3

I was at the game, I never post in here but here is what I saw.

wilson is garbage, he cannot read a defense. He’s short, and slow.

we had receivers open, he refuses to throw to them. He is the worst qb I’ve ever seen in Denver over the last 15 years. 
The defense is honestly tired and fed up with the offense, they have given up.

hacket is bad too but honestly I think Russ is worse. He is just so bad.

• Like 5