Biggest Rookie Impact?

bucsfan333

Who do y'all think it will be? OJ Howard, Chris Godwin, and Justin Evans figure to get a good amount of playing time. Jeremy McNichols, Stevie T, and Kendall Beckwith all have a shot to become solid rotation guys. Then we've got undrafted guys like Antony Auclair, Jonathan Moxey, and Bobo Wilson who all look like they can push for roster spots and some playing time. 

Who you got? One of the above? Someone else?

26 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Really hope it's Justin Evans, but I think it might take him 6-7 games to fully get up to speed and start consistently...

I do too. But he's been held out of everything (except simple conditioning) so far because he put off a minor surgery until after the combine. Right now he's probably our fourth safety, behind our current starters Tandy and Conte and the newly acquired Wlicox.

Our coaches have raved about his speed and agility. We've got a couple guys who have been solid in the slot. But he can challenge for playing time there as well as at safety.

I'd prefer for Evans to start with Tandy, with Evans playing a little slot in nickel formations while Conte fills in at safety. Wilcox can be our goalline and short yardage, in-the-box safety.

I'm going to go with Chris Godwin.  Really liked him coming out of Penn State, and while WR usually don't have big years as rookies I think he was one of those guys that are a plug 'n play guys.  Maybe not big production, but enough to help alleviate the focus on Mike Evans.  As for O.J. Howard, rookie TE usually aren't big producers you'd see more of the jump in production the 2nd year.  If he's as productive as Hunter Henry was last year for the Chargers, I'd consider that a win.

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I'm going to go with Chris Godwin.  Really liked him coming out of Penn State, and while WR usually don't have big years as rookies I think he was one of those guys that are a plug 'n play guys.  Maybe not big production, but enough to help alleviate the focus on Mike Evans.  As for O.J. Howard, rookie TE usually aren't big producers you'd see more of the jump in production the 2nd year.  If he's as productive as Hunter Henry was last year for the Chargers, I'd consider that a win.

He's our number four WR right now, but our primary reliever on the outside behind Evans and DJax. I expect him to get a good amount of playing time. We lost a lot of snaps when Shepherd left. And guys like Dye, Huff, Reedy, and Martino won't see the field nearly as much. Someone on Reddit added it up and he should see close to 450 snaps. So he should have a legit shot to make an impact, no doubt.

Sounds like I'm going with the underdog but I think Howard is going to be a massive upgrade to this team. I don't see him leaving the field. Stat wise there won't be a 1,000-10 type season but I think to go along with his snap count by mid season Evans will be the only guy before him when I comes to endzone targets.

There have only been three TEs to even go over 600 yards their rookie years. I can't imagine Howard breaks that trend with so many targets for Jameis. We have two redzone threats already, in Evans and Brate. I think Howard will be the third option this year, at least for a while.

I'd guess he puts up something like 450 yards and five TDs. There just aren't enough passes to go around.

its crazy to think that for once we dont NEED a rookie to be an instant contributor. I think when its all said and done that Evans makes the most impact this year. I think he'll work into the rotation and become a starter around the bye week.

OJ will make an instant contribution, but how much? IDK. Damn good blocker tho

Going Howard here. Godwin will have a few splash plays here and there, but OJ has a legit shot to play more. That and Howard can contribute as a run blocker which will help us immensely. Howard/Godwin/Evans

Evans will have his moments too but its rare for rookie safeties to make a big impact from season 1.

31 minutes ago, indifference said:

Going Howard here. Godwin will have a few splash plays here and there, but OJ has a legit shot to play more. That and Howard can contribute as a run blocker which will help us immensely. Howard/Godwin/Evans

Evans will have his moments too but its rare for rookie safeties to make a big impact from season 1.

Speaking of Howard's blocking.

I would give the edge to Howard.  I believe Godwin and Howard will have similar production.  However, Howard will have more of an impact on the running game.  Also, with his size and speed he'll have a tremendous impact on the outside receivers by being able to attack the vertical seams quickly.  

its crazy to think that for once we dont NEED a rookie to be an instant contributor. I think when its all said and done that Evans makes the most impact this year. I think he'll work into the rotation and become a starter around the bye week.

OJ will make an instant contribution, but how much? IDK. Damn good blocker tho, think we see that

Maybe its McNichols 

Archived