GDT: Giants @ Cowboys - Dak Prescott vs. Vanilla Vick (The Turkey Bowl!)

Tony7188

17 hours ago, D82 said:

I'm just tired of the narrative that Dak is an awful QB. 

Wow… I’ve been on this site for a long time and I’ve yet to see the narrative that Dak is an awful QB.  I’ve seen the narrative that he’s dramatically overpaid for what he is.  I’ve seen the narrative if Mahomes is tier 1 and Zach Wilson is tier 5 that Dak is in the tier 2 to tier 3 range.  But I’ve never seen the tier 5 narrative.  Exactly, How much time do you spend in the Eagles forum?

2 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

Wow… I’ve been on this site for a long time and I’ve yet to see the narrative that Dak is an awful QB.  I’ve seen the narrative that he’s dramatically overpaid for what he is.  I’ve seen the narrative if Mahomes is tier 1 and Zach Wilson is tier 5 that Dak is in the tier 2 to tier 3 range.  But I’ve never seen the tier 5 narrative.  Exactly, How much time do you spend in the Eagles forum?

When Cowboy fans call him Quincy and wanted him benched for Cooper Rush, we’re far from “he’s a pretty good but overpaid QB” territory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

When Cowboy fans call him Quincy and wanted him benched for Cooper Rush, we’re far from “he’s a pretty good but overpaid QB” territory.

He is insanely overpaid for being an average to good QB.  I mean he’s being paid like he’s the effing GOAT in his prime.  Is he the Q?  Not even close.  Sure, Dak has frustrated the hell out of me but he’s never made me want to stab my eyes with a fork.

I don’t really wanna engage in this anymore but I feel like maybe the takeaway from this never ending back and forth *should* be that a QB as transcendent as Mahomes is really worth more like 50% of the cap

I mean, if you had to put it Chiefs fans, would they rather start over with Patrick or the rest of their roster? Their team is far from bad but for me it’s no contest

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

He is insanely overpaid for being an average to good QB.  I mean he’s being paid like he’s the effing GOAT in his prime.  Is he the Q?  Not even close.  Sure, Dak has frustrated the hell out of me but he’s never made me want to stab my eyes with a fork.

No one on this forum would have thought before just now that your opinion is that Dak is a good, but overpaid QB. That’s a pretty reasonable opinion, even if I disagree with it. What we are mainly frustrated with is the attitude from many that Dak is a bad, incompetent, or otherwise not valuable QB.

As to whether Dak is being paid like “the effing GOAT in his prime”… well he’s 8th in the NFL in AAV, behind the likes of Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray, and Derek Carr. So that seems pretty hyperbolic. 

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz
  • Like 1