Random mock drafts

Louis Friend

31 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

He isn't worth two firsts when you consider the age and the contract that comes with it.  He went for 2 firsts and a fourth 4 years ago when he was a 25 year old stud. 

He's 28 and won't even be 29 until the end of the year.

Now he is an aging stud that will not get the same return. 

Again, I keep hearing this, but it's not true: 10/24/94. 

I have read multiple articles that say if the Rams get a first, it will be a very late one but more likely will get 1st value in the form of a 2nd and future 3rd or 4th.  CBs fall off in their 30s, especially when changing systems and I think most GMs know that. 

I mean, if he can be had for a late first and is locked up for someone like 3/$52mil already so doesn't need a new contract--maybe having a little more guaranteed to make him happy--then a late first is an absolute steal. I would assume at least 25 teams would do that deal right now. He's one of the best players in the league at a crucial position. 

I guess we'll know soon enough, though.

15 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I'm okay with trading #18 for Ramsey OR a 2nd and pick(s) next draft. But he's not getting two first, despite what Rams fans think. I've had a few argue with me on Twitter that they'll get back what they got him for and I don't see it. 

If we can get him for a 2nd this year and a 2nd next, I'd be cool with it. I'm not sure how I feel about giving up #18. I think I'd rather sign Dean and draft someone at 6 or 18 in that case. Especially if he wants new money included. 

• Like 1

A PRE-COMBINE PFF MOCK

TRADE

Detroit trades #6 to Carolina for #9 (#39, #114, 2024 R3)

#9 - Devon Witherspoon, CB, Illinois - Top man CB and arguably CB1 in the draft. I'd be cool with Gonalez here too.

#18 - Lukas Van Ness, Edge, Iowa - Upside pass-rusher, book end with Hutch

TRADE

#39 traded to Dallas for #58, #90, #212 and 2024 R4

#48 - Steve Avila, OG, TCU - Can play OG/OC. Will be Vaitai's replacement at RG - either in 2023 or 2024

#55 - Jack Campbell, ILB, Iowa - Starting ILB or future starter (if the Lions sign someone like David or Wagner)

#58 - Keanu Benton, 3T, Wisonsin - Pass-rushing 3T who is a riser in this process

#81 - Sam LaPorta, TE, Iowa - Upside TE that could become a weapon down the stretch

#90 - Christopher Smith, S, Georgia - High upside split safety

#114 - Kendre Miller, RB, TCU - Potential starting RB, rounds out the RBBC

#154 - Michael Wilson, WR, Stanford - Big body WR that could develop into something more at the next level

#183 - Jose Ramirez, Edge, Eastern Michigan - Need to add more to the pass-rushing room as we'll be losing Okwara and/or Harris

#194 - Aidan O'Connell, QB, Purdue - Potential back up/developmental QB

#212 - Justin Shorter, WR, Florida - See Michael Wilson

2024 Picks

Panthers R3

Cowboys R4

• Like 1

It's about that time again with some combine results, news developments and all:

***Detroit trades '24 1st, '25 3rd for Jalen Ramsey, CB***

• DET
    Jalen Carter
    DT Georgia
    trade icon
  • DET
    Bijan Robinson
    RB Texas

• DET
    Dawand Jones
    OG Ohio State
    trade icon
  • DET
    Felix Anudike-Uzomah
    EDGE Kansas State
    trade icon
  • DET
    Nolan Smith
    LB/EDGE/rush-LB Georgia
    trade icon
  • DET
    Darnell Washington
    TE Georgia
    trade icon
  • DET
    Calijah Kancey
    DT Pittsburgh
    trade icon
  • DET
    Noah Sewell 
    LB Oregon
    trade icon
  • DET
    Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa
    trade icon
  • DET
    Sydney Brown
    S Illinois
    trade icon
  • DET
    Parker Washington
    WR Penn State
    trade icon
  • DET
    Tyjae Spears
    RB/KR/PR Tulane
    trade icon
  • DET
    Byron Young
    EDGE Tennessee
    trade icon
  • DET
    Dontay Demus Jr.
    WR Maryland
    trade icon
  • DET
    Davis Allen
    TE Clemson
    trade icon
  • DET
    Jake Moody
    K Michigan
    trade icon
  • REGAINED 2024 DET 4th
Edited by NudeTayne

The 2022 9-8 rebound happened because the defense bottomed out from DFL up to 28th in both DVOA and aggregate individual rankings.  

After trying to squeeze in a top Edger and CB at #6 and #18, I think the only solution is the unthinkable:  CBs with both first round picks.  Gonzalez, then Smith (or Ringo). 

Tankathon says this is possible:  DE Isiaiah Foskey at #49, TE Darnell Washington at #56, and DT Jaquelin Roy (or LB DeMarvion Overshown) at #82.

POST COMBINE MOCK

TRADE

Panthers trade up to #6 (same deal as I tend to use - #39, #114, 2024 R3)

#9 - Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon - He has the production and athletic traits to warrant CB1. 

#18 - Brian Branch, SCB, Alabama - We need a long-term starter/upgrade over Will Harris. Branch's combine numbers weren't great but I imagine he'll improve on his pro day. His production speaks for itself.

#39 - Deonte Banks, CB, Maryland - Value pick here. He could go in round 1 or earlier in round 2. Big dude that can run a 4.35. He was too good to pass up. 

#48 - Adetomiwa Adebawore, Edge, Northwestern - Super athletic and big, he put on a show at the combine. He's raw but he's a guy we can play inside/outside and let develop into being an absolute monster.

#55 - Jack Cambell, ILB, Iowa - I don't think he'll be here on draft day.. however, he HAS to be a Lion. So we'll probably have to take him at #39 or #48. 

#81 - Keeanu Benton, 3T, Wisconsin - He had a nice Senior Bowl with average testing at the combine. He'll be better than his workout numbers but that's why he's here. 

#114 - Sam LaPorta, TE, Iowa - Big, athletic TE prospect. Has the potential to develop into something due to those traits. 

#154 - Michael Wilson, WR, Stanford - Big body guy that played better at the Senior Bowl than his testing shows. Targeted as a WR4/5 possession guy who could develop into a WR3.

#183 - DeWayne McBride, RB, UAB - Developmental RBBC piece

#194 - Gervarrius Owens, S, Houston 

Edited by Karnage84
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

POST COMBINE MOCK

TRADE

#9 - Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon

#18 - Brian Branch, SCB, Alabama

#39 - Deonte Banks, CB, Maryland

#48 - Adetomiwa Adebawore, Edge, Northwestern

#55 - Jack Cambell, ILB, Iowa

#81 - Keeanu Benton, 3T, Wisconsin

#114 - Sam LaPorta, TE, Iowa

#154 - Michael Wilson, WR, Stanford

#183 - DeWayne McBride, RB, UAB

The "I want all the DBs" draft. I actually like it though. I've done some similar drafts but not posted them here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LionArkie said:

The "I want all the DBs" draft. I actually like it though. I've done some similar drafts but not posted them here.

CG and Branch were targets. Deonte just fell and was great value there. I don't love the idea of three rookies starting in our secondary but it was too hard to pass up. 

Bijan Robinson
    RB Texas

• DET
    Devon Witherspoon
    CB Illinois
    trade icon
  • DET
    Calijah Kancey
    DT Pittsburgh

• DET
    Deonte Banks
    CB Maryland
    trade icon
  • DET
    Ivan Pace Jr.
    LB Cincinnati
    trade icon
  • DET
    Sydney Brown
    S Illinois

• DET
    Trey Palmer
    WR Nebraska
    trade icon
  • DET
    Emil Ekiyor Jr.
    OG Alabama
    trade icon
  • DET
    Mike Morris
    EDGE Michigan

• DET
    Aidan O'Connell
Edited by Miblue

On 3/6/2023 at 2:42 PM, Karnage84 said:

POST COMBINE MOCK

TRADE

#9 - Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon - He has the production and athletic traits to warrant CB1. 

#18 - Brian Branch, SCB, Alabama - We need a long-term starter/upgrade over Will Harris. Branch's combine numbers weren't great but I imagine he'll improve on his pro day. His production speaks for itself.

#39 - Deonte Banks, CB, Maryland - Value pick here. He could go in round 1 or earlier in round 2. Big dude that can run a 4.35. He was too good to pass up. 

#48 - Adetomiwa Adebawore, Edge, Northwestern - Super athletic and big, he put on a show at the combine. He's raw but he's a guy we can play inside/outside and let develop into being an absolute monster.

#55 - Jack Cambell, ILB, Iowa - I don't think he'll be here on draft day.. however, he HAS to be a Lion. So we'll probably have to take him at #39 or #48. 

#81 - Keeanu Benton, 3T, Wisconsin - He had a nice Senior Bowl with average testing at the combine. He'll be better than his workout numbers but that's why he's here. 

#114 - Sam LaPorta, TE, Iowa - Big, athletic TE prospect. Has the potential to develop into something due to those traits. 

#154 - Michael Wilson, WR, Stanford - Big body guy that played better at the Senior Bowl than his testing shows. Targeted as a WR4/5 possession guy who could develop into a WR3.

Do you think Adebawore can put on about 10 lbs and be a penatrating 3Tech?

On 3/6/2023 at 5:42 PM, Karnage84 said:

POST COMBINE MOCK

TRADE

I love this mock, but I think to get those guys you will have to grab Adebawore at 18 and Campbell at 39.  Maybe even higher for both which is obviously why I like it so much because you get them and Branch and Banks.  Beyond the second round I am not ov erly excited about this mock but all positions in which we need depth, I just would grab different guys most likely.  

58 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

Do you think Adebawore can put on about 10 lbs and be a penatrating 3Tech?

He probably could.... I don't know if I really want him to. He can play inside on a pinch at that size already and he'd lose some of his effectiveness if he was too big. 

54 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I love this mock, but I think to get those guys you will have to grab Adebawore at 18 and Campbell at 39.  Maybe even higher for both which is obviously why I like it so much because you get them and Branch and Banks.  Beyond the second round I am not ov erly excited about this mock but all positions in which we need depth, I just would grab different guys most likely.  

You're probably not wrong when it all shakes out. I try to be realistic when I use the simulator but I will take value if it's reasonable they could be there. AA has potential to be a 1st rounder to a top of 2nd rounder. 

Same deal with Campbell - I think you're right and we'd have to take him at 39. Positionally, he could slip but I wouldn't take that chance if I'm Holmes. As I do more mocks, I'll probably have to start taking JC higher. 

As a Saints fan I love the 2nd round of this draft and on PFF Simulator I've been offering/receiving #48 and #55 for our 2024 1st round pick and #148.  Although the simulator does the trade, do you think the Lions would, or would you guys accept that?