QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

I have no problem paying PS Jimmy or Carr. What would it cost to trade for Carr? Zach can’t be on the team anymore, he’s broken and so is his relationship with everyone. Let Mike White battle it out and best man wins, we have a backup just incase we get ravaged by injuries again. 

MLF gets one more shot. I hate making excuses because his play calling is maddening but the OL is in shambles. Give him his running game back and an above average QB. Then we can fire him lol. 

• Like 1

I just don't think Carr is that much better than White. I think it is like having 2 guys that are almost a like. I for one would go with Mike White, Matt S and draft a rookie. Then let Mike start next year. I truly think he is on the same path as Kurt Warner. The one guy you can't have start again is Zach. I hope Mike White comes in a tears up seattle and Miami this way he has a good chance to start next year for them. 

How can so many so called experts be so wrong about  Zack Wilson. I saw none of his games in senior year in college. But what I did see was that joke of a schedule he played that year,  and they really  were Junior colleges . When I mention it a lot  of  people on this board jump all over me. I have never heard anybody get boded like Wilson got last night. We failed with our third overall pick in the draft Darnold, now we failed with the second overall pick in the draft Wilson.

My question now is what the **** do we do now

Edited by doumeyer

18 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I just don't think Carr is that much better than White. I think it is like having 2 guys that are almost a like. I for one would go with Mike White, Matt S and draft a rookie. Then let Mike start next year. I truly think he is on the same path as Kurt Warner. The one guy you can't have start again is Zach. I hope Mike White comes in a tears up seattle and Miami this way he has a good chance to start next year for them. 

Matt Saracen?

Wilson made a throw to Davis which he dropped, Wilson also made a throw to Conklin which turned out to be a good play. Wilson for all his woes and for the Jets as a whole stunk out the place.

1. The offensive line couldn't play a cohesive game if they wanted, 4 yards running the ball in the first half against a so called weak defense? Imagine if they played a good defense. 

2. An offensive line which is so porous that the Jags defense was in the backfield 60% of the time.

3. The Jets are one of the most penalized teams in the NFL which equals a lack of discipline.

4. Outside of Q and what the Jets are supposed to have on D, when Q is out of the lineup, the defense is pedestrian.

5.MLF is the worse OC in football. What OC worth his salt on the first play of the game, after Q sacks and the Jets recover the football 20 yards from scoring a TD calls a QB run? MLF even with White as QB can't get the Jets across the goal line. The Jets are 1-2 with MW at QB, the one win against a team with no QB and one of the worse defenses in the league.

6. After losing Breese Hall for the season the Jets have only won 2 games, and this is with 2 very good TE's, a possible future pro bowl rookie WR, who by the way he was using scarcely. Elijah Moore who has been a ghost.This all falls on MLF.

7. So if your fair, and I believe I am, Zack surely needs to get his confidence back, he needs to improve, but heck we were dismantled as a team on national tv.

8. The Jags took it from their 4 yard line and went the distance and scored a T.D. on a so called top 5 defense in the league. Suddenly our CB's look very vulnerable and our defense very normal.

9. So there is plenty of blame to go around, MLF has been the OC the past 4 games and if it weren't for the two TD's Zack threw the last game we would have gone 4 games without a TD down the stretch.

10. MLF has got to be replaced.

12 minutes ago, Big T said:

Wilson made a throw to Davis which he dropped, Wilson also made a throw to Conklin which turned out to be a good play. Wilson for all his woes and for the Jets as a whole stunk out the place.

1. The offensive line couldn't play a cohesive game if they wanted, 4 yards running the ball in the first half against a so called weak defense? Imagine if they played a good defense. 

2. An offensive line which is so porous that the Jags defense was in the backfield 60% of the time.

3. The Jets are one of the most penalized teams in the NFL which equals a lack of discipline.

4. Outside of Q and what the Jets are supposed to have on D, when Q is out of the lineup, the defense is pedestrian.

5.MLF is the worse OC in football. What OC worth his salt on the first play of the game, after Q sacks and the Jets recover the football 20 yards from scoring a TD calls a QB run? MLF even with White as QB can't get the Jets across the goal line. The Jets are 1-2 with MW at QB, the one win against a team with no QB and one of the worse defenses in the league.

6. After losing Breese Hall for the season the Jets have only won 2 games, and this is with 2 very good TE's, a possible future pro bowl rookie WR, who by the way he was using scarcely. Elijah Moore who has been a ghost.This all falls on MLF.

7. So if your fair, and I believe I am, Zack surely needs to get his confidence back, he needs to improve, but heck we were dismantled as a team on national tv.

8. The Jags took it from their 4 yard line and went the distance and scored a T.D. on a so called top 5 defense in the league. Suddenly our CB's look very vulnerable and our defense very normal.

9. So there is plenty of blame to go around, MLF has been the OC the past 4 games and if it weren't for the two TD's Zack threw the last game we would have gone 4 games without a TD down the stretch.

Zach is done as a starter for the Jets

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Big T said:

This isn't you trying to defend Zach, right?

I don’t think the Jets will get rid of Zach unless we get a really good trade offer. He will be developed. Whether he develops and actually gets into another game in a Jets uni is questionable.

MFW is a FA at years end. What he does these next three games will determine if the Jets bring him back at the price he wants. If he plays well he is going to want mid level starting QB money. Will the Jets pay?  If he does not play well he may be offered backup money.  Personally, I see MFW as a Cousins or Tannehill.  A QB who will not wow but is good enough not to lose the game.

Assuming the Jets do not bring back MFW, I can see Jimmy G next year as a place holder. Who he is holding the place for is yet TBD. 

36 minutes ago, xrade said:

I don’t think the Jets will get rid of Zach unless we get a really good trade offer. He will be developed. Whether he develops and actually gets into another game in a Jets uni is questionable.

MFW is a FA at years end. What he does these next three games will determine if the Jets bring him back at the price he wants. If he plays well he is going to want mid level starting QB money. Will the Jets pay?  If he does not play well he may be offered backup money.  Personally, I see MFW as a Cousins or Tannehill.  A QB who will not wow but is good enough not to lose the game.

Assuming the Jets do not bring back MFW, I can see Jimmy G next year as a place holder. Who he is holding the place for is yet TBD. 

I hate that MFW and Jimmy G have such a penchant for missing time. I’d be comfortable with them, but we can’t trust either of them enough if Zach Wilson is the next man up on the depth chart.

Another QB at the end of his career does not give us what we want which is sustained success. 

You also need to try and bring in a guy that doesnt come with a "hes the starter" mentality.

Trade for Jordan Love, see if Daniel Jones can be had, is Tray Lance possible a thought?

You bring in one of these guys and have a 3 way competition in camp with White, Zach and whomever. 

Zach fails, you trade him away after June 1st when the cap hit isnt awful for whatever you can get and we move on. Drafting just isnt an option at this point.

I think I'm firmly on the "blow up the QB room" side now.

I don't care to see Zach back next year. There's good reason to keep him on since he's a high pick and still on a rookie deal, but it might be better for both sides to split now.

I don't want MFW back either. I'm so tired of mediocre QBs and he really only looks good because Zach looks so bad. Objectively, he's a career backup.

Flacco? LOL, No.

Trade Zach for a 5th, go pick a few late QB flyers in the draft, and pick up Carr/Jimmy G/Rodgers/Daniel Jones in FA. No clue who makes it to FA, but hopefully one of them do.

I'm over picking the second best QB in the draft, watching them spiral into garbage, and then trying again in 4 years. Build the team, pick a QB later in the draft, and hope he blossoms on a team that's already built to win.

• Like 1

I dont believe Zach is built to win in New York.  I hope that Mike White can play the last 2 games.  Just to see if he really is the guy.  Though with this oline I dont know if anyone could be the guy.  

That said if I'm JD I'm trying to move Zach to Arizona.  With Murray being hurt for most if not all of next year they might bite.

8 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I'm over picking the second best QB in the draft, watching them spiral into garbage, and then trying again in 4 years. Build the team, pick a QB later in the draft, and hope he blossoms on a team that's already built to win.

100%. I think that is the route to go. That is why I think Jimmy G will be the placeholder. You can sub Jimmy G for Carr, Tannehill (if Ten decides to rebuild).