QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

This really is just so disappointing. I agree though, blow up the QB room. Get a proven vet, if MW wants to come back as a #2 on a modest backup deal fine, otherwise find someone else and then take a day 3 QB who has some tools but needs to sit and develop and actually let him do that. Probably the only way we will ever have a young QB ever succeed here is if there is very little pressure and he gets to sit and learn for at least 2 years first. This isnt the Darnold situation, we failed Sam even though he isnt great either, he's significantly better than Zach. The OL injuries killed us but Zach simply can't play in the NFL right now. We also dont have an OC that can help him either. I like the Shannahan scheme because its proven and it complements this D scheme which is also proven, but we dont have the right play caller. Saleh has to look elsewhere or its hard to believe hes serious about success. Bowles was a bad HC but what made it worse was he was too loyal to his friends. Saleh is a tremendous leader, but if he blindly sticks with MLF hes just starting to dig his grave here. 

3 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

This really is just so disappointing. I agree though, blow up the QB room. Get a proven vet, if MW wants to come back as a #2 on a modest backup deal fine, otherwise find someone else and then take a day 3 QB who has some tools but needs to sit and develop and actually let him do that. Probably the only way we will ever have a young QB ever succeed here is if there is very little pressure and he gets to sit and learn for at least 2 years first. This isnt the Darnold situation, we failed Sam even though he isnt great either, he's significantly better than Zach. The OL injuries killed us but Zach simply can't play in the NFL right now. We also dont have an OC that can help him either. I like the Shannahan scheme because its proven and it complements this D scheme which is also proven, but we dont have the right play caller. Saleh has to look elsewhere or its hard to believe hes serious about success. Bowles was a bad HC but what made it worse was he was too loyal to his friends. Saleh is a tremendous leader, but if he blindly sticks with MLF hes just starting to dig his grave here. 

6 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

After just reading Saleh's press conference on last night's game he sounds like he is just as screwup are we are. He said he wanted to get the running game going, not with that O line. The Jags give us the five to seven yard runs just to keep the clock running. How stupid was he.

27 minutes ago, NYJETS52 said:

So I am going to throw this out there and I doubt people are going to like it but looking at the available free agent QBS available there is a reasonable chance we are arguing over a Baker Mayfield signing in the off season.

I like going in with Baker and Mike White and draft a QB to sit s few years. Lamar is not hitting FA and I don't think Carr is worth the month he will want. I really don't see Carr being that much better than Mike W or Baker. In facr Carr has always played in the nice south west weather his whole college and NFL career. The only vet QB I would go all in on is Aaron Rodgers. 

Honestly, I think it's going to be hard to find a better QB than White in this situation. He put up his numbers with the same struggling oline, 3rd string RB, and the same WR core. Also, 2 of the games were bad weather games. 

If you allow him to train as the #1 QB this offseason with a healthy roster coming in, he's going to be better. Let's see him with Hall, AVT, Becton, and others we'll add this offseason. He lost Davis during one of his games. One thing I like about what he did was that he was able to open things up for the running game. Knight's biggest plays came in the 2nd half of those games because defenses had to respect the pass. 

I'm not sure if Jimmy G, Carr, and others would have performed better with the surrounding we currently have. So it's hard for me to pick some of these QBs over him. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Honestly, I think it's going to be hard to find a better QB than White in this situation. He put up his numbers with the same struggling oline, 3rd string RB, and the same WR core. Also, 2 of the games were bad weather games. 

If you allow him to train as the #1 QB this offseason with a healthy roster coming in, he's going to be better. Let's see him with Hall, AVT, Becton, and others we'll add this offseason. He lost Davis during one of his games. One thing I like about what he did was that he was able to open things up for the running game. Knight's biggest plays came in the 2nd half of those games because defenses had to respect the pass. 

I'm not sure if Jimmy G, Carr, and others would have performed better with the surrounding we currently have. So it's hard for me to pick some of these QBs over him. 

While I don't disagree with you my biggest concern regarding Mike White is his inability to stay healthy.  It was a vicious hit that he took from Milano.  That fact that he came back and was still throwing darts is impressive but now has been out for the last 2 games.  

It is now 2 consecutive seasons where he has gotten his shot to be the guy and he cant stay on the field.  I really think we need to bring in someone and let them battle it out.  Baker would probably be the best option for that scenario.  We arent bringing Darnold back though I think we might actually still be in the playoff hunt if we had him instead of Zach.

12 minutes ago, NYJETS52 said:

While I don't disagree with you my biggest concern regarding Mike White is his inability to stay healthy.  It was a vicious hit that he took from Milano.  That fact that he came back and was still throwing darts is impressive but now has been out for the last 2 games.  

It is now 2 consecutive seasons where he has gotten his shot to be the guy and he cant stay on the field.  I really think we need to bring in someone and let them battle it out.  Baker would probably be the best option for that scenario.  We arent bringing Darnold back though I think we might actually still be in the playoff hunt if we had him instead of Zach.

But Baker isn't the better QB. 

White got injured on a play that literally any other QB in the league would have gotten hurt on. Fractured ribs is something that doesn't repeat for players. If this was like a foot injury, then I'd be worried because of what people like Julio Jones went through. Last year was his wrist. He clearly bounced back from that and that isn't something that lingers as well for most QBs. Injury wise, I have no concerns. 

I do think we need a solid backup because Flacco is done and none of the other QBs can throw. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm open to a new QB coming in. It's just if you put MW with a healthier roster next year like we're hoping to do with the other QBs mentioned, I think White out performs them because of what he was able to do with less. Defenses can't load the box with White at QB, so Hall would absolutely kill. The team loves him. He's also 27. 

I don't think Rodgers at 40 would make the team better. He's also a win now, but unlikely winning in 2024 and beyond. Carr's job is being questioned with guys like Jacobs and Adams. I'm not sure if Jimmy G would be better here than he is with Kittle, CMC, and Deebo. Baker isn't better, he's just a former high pick. I like Minshew because he was good with bad surroundings, so the surrounding we will have next year could elevate his game. He could also be a back up if White beats him. 

Possible starters:

Mike White- If other options on this list are not attainable then I’m bringing him back and giving him the starting job. I think he’s done enough to give him a go. Sure there’s people on this board very skeptical of him but he’s played well this year and has the support of his teammates. 

Aaron Rodgers- I wouldn’t mind this on a two year deal. We would need to add to the o-line but at least for the immediate future he would give us a shot to be a playoff team. 

Derek Carr- Never been a huge fan of his to be honest. I would pass considering the contract and possible draft picks it would cost. 

Jimmy G- Makes sense on so many levels. Obviously the SF connection helps. This is a move i would support if we also look to draft an athletic qb prospect in the 3/4th round range. 

Lamar Jackson- I would trade two firsts for him in a heartbeat. Not sure if Baltimore would even consider letting him go but I would be all over it if he’s available. 

Kyler Murray- Looks like he and KK are on the outs. I would love a Wilson-Murray trade with a conditional pick(s). Obviously would be costly but he would be worth a risk.

Baker Mayfield- No thanks 

Garner Minshew- Much rather resign White. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

But Baker isn't the better QB. 

White got injured on a play that literally any other QB in the league would have gotten hurt on. Fractured ribs is something that doesn't repeat for players. If this was like a foot injury, then I'd be worried because of what people like Julio Jones went through. Last year was his wrist. He clearly bounced back from that and that isn't something that lingers as well for most QBs. Injury wise, I have no concerns. 

I do think we need a solid backup because Flacco is done and none of the other QBs can throw. 

Baker is a better QB than Wilson.  Believe it's not that I want Baker Mayfield as our QB.  But there is a lack of FA QBS available so unless Joey D is gonna pull a rabbit out of his ***.  Baker might be our best bet out of people that aren't in the room right now.

1 hour ago, KimuraGod said:

Possible starters:

Mike White- If other options on this list are not attainable then I’m bringing him back and giving him the starting job. I think he’s done enough to give him a go. Sure there’s people on this board very skeptical of him but he’s played well this year and has the support of his teammates. 

Aaron Rodgers- I wouldn’t mind this on a two year deal. We would need to add to the o-line but at least for the immediate future he would give us a shot to be a playoff team. 

Derek Carr- Never been a huge fan of his to be honest. I would pass considering the contract and possible draft picks it would cost. 

Jimmy G- Makes sense on so many levels. Obviously the SF connection helps. This is a move i would support if we also look to draft an athletic qb prospect in the 3/4th round range. 

Lamar Jackson- I would trade two firsts for him in a heartbeat. Not sure if Baltimore would even consider letting him go but I would be all over it if he’s available. 

Kyler Murray- Looks like he and KK are on the outs. I would love a Wilson-Murray trade with a conditional pick(s). Obviously would be costly but he would be worth a risk.

Baker Mayfield- No thanks 

Garner Minshew- Much rather resign White. 

Murray just tore his ACL like 2 weeks ago.  

Lamar is intriguing because he has production with no weapons.  There is some smoke there with the media but if he couldn't handle Baltimore and had a spat on social I would hate to think what this town would do to him.

Not sure how we could afford Rodgers.  Intriguing thought as our windows is over the next 3 years.  

Jimmy G gets hurt a lot if I'm not mistaken.  

I dont think Carr can handle New York.  But his brother was here albeit in a back up role.

2 minutes ago, NYJETS52 said:

Baker is a better QB than Wilson.  Believe it's not that I want Baker Mayfield as our QB.  But there is a lack of FA QBS available so unless Joey D is gonna pull a rabbit out of his ***.  Baker might be our best bet out of people that aren't in the room right now.

Baker would make a good backup. So I wouldn't hate it. 

I thought you were looking for a potential starter.