QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Totally ok with turning the page on Wilson. But White for me isn’t the answer either. Something bigger has to be done this off-season.

Agreed. I wouldn't mind drafting another QB this year as long as it's not top 10 and there's no expectation of him starting. There are a ton of project QBs on the board this year and I'm not against taking one in the first if JD thinks it's worth it over OL, DE, or ILB, but I want a vet to start.

Even if it is Mayfield or Minshew (both are garbage IMO), just someone else to hold back the media and let a rookie learn because throwing them into the fire is plain not working.

I don’t think the Jets are going to chase anyone like Rodgers/Lamar/Carr that will take assets.

Jimmy G is probably the best name you can all hope for (might have to win a bidding war) Otherwise it’s gonna be White/Baker someone like that. This is what happens when you miss on a such a big pick that your rebuild was centered around.

Edited by GangGreen420

27 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I don’t think the Jets are going to chase anyone like Rodgers/Lamar/Carr that will take assets.

Jimmy G is probably the best name you can all hope for (might have to win a bidding war) Otherwise it’s gonna be White/Baker someone like that. This is what happens when you miss on a such a big pick that your rebuild was centered around.

I wonder if Trey Lance could be traded for

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I wonder if Trey Lance could be traded for

With the injury and him being a question mark I don’t think so. If they bring him in and he sucks they are both fired.

Jordan Love kind of the same thing, but he’s had time to sit and watch Rodgers and knows the system. Maybe MLF and his brother have that convo.

We should be looking at proven veterans or draft picks rather than trading for other busts (including our own) as a hope they turn it around.

The only exceptions are those who have legitimately demonstrated good play in the past, I wouldn't mind one of our QB's next season being Wentz or Jameis as long as the other is a bit less erratic.

The only QB I would keep is Mike White. I would then draft a QB in the 3rd-5th range. Guys that should be there are Hendon Hooker, Max Duggan, and maybe a Spencer Rattler. So now you have a project a backup/starter. Now you have to go get the guy Aaron Rodgers. I think He would come here no problem with what they have in place. If you can't land Rodgers then you have to go with a guy like Baker, Winston, type. I would look into Murray in Arizona too. I know he tore his ACL but I would just see what the asking price is. People i would stay away from Carr, Gardner M, and Meriota. I don't see these guys being that much better than White. 

16 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Crazy to think that 2 options for us might actually be Geno or Darnold. 

No matter what happens we are going to end up the big loser. How could so many experts be so wrong about Wilson. From the first day of training camp in 2021 Wilson has been hype up by these so called experts. White is a nice plalyer but can he take us deep into the playoff ?. I am not going to give the coaching staff a free ride on this mess,they had to know how bad Wilson was.     

22 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Looks like it’s gonna be Zach Wilson these next 2 weeks. That sucks, I don’t know if you can rely on White as the starter next year if we don’t see him again.

I highly doubt it. He’s done here. I don’t think he ever takes another snap as a Jet nor should he. He’s not even a number 2 he’s a legit QB3 who is inactive every week. 

Zach failed for reasons that are very hard to predict or evaluate. Mentally he just didn't get it.  All the physical talent in the world, but can't figure out how to play QB in the NFL. Now his confidence is gone and that was one of the things he  was supposed to be, have a whole lot of confidence. 

I don't think Zach is a bad guy, he works hard. But for whatever reason he just didn't get it to click. He is probably one of those guys that needs time to develop, but unfortunately that isn't the case in the NFL anymore. He'll make a throw like the one he had vs the Lions to CJ for a TD, but then can't do anything else right.

We are seriously cursed when it comes to the QB position.  Sam Darnold was better than Zach, only the Jets that happens to. 

Fortunately for Douglas and Saleh, they will get another opportunity because of how well they constructed the rest of the roster.  But this is a huge offseason, they need to fix the OL which has been horrible. Laken Tomlinson was a bust FA signing, he has been horrible, but I think we might be stuck with him based on cap hits. 

IDK what we do at QB, I think Mike White is solid. But he always gets hurt, I hope he can play the last 2 games to see more of him.