QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

39 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

You guys really want this guy?

If he’s cut, sure. But trading for him? No thanks 

Cut and sign to compete with White. But definitely not trade for when we can get other vets for free. If we some how get a Day 2 pick for Zach that could be a game changer with how JD drafts recently. 

• Like 1

On 12/27/2022 at 8:36 AM, Big T said:

I think as Jets fans, and in particular impatient Jets fans, and rightly so. We are prone to throw the baby out with the bath water.

I would have the fan base to take a step back, take a deep breath and let things play out. It is obvious that Wilson has regressed and has lost confidence.

No doubt, and I could put it all on his shoulders as to why he struggles so much. But lets be fair and truly assess the why the Jets have struggled.

First the Jets OL is a jigsaw puzzle of players who have floundered with our best pro bowl calibre OL out in ATV it has been a major detriment to the line. Fant has been out the majority of the year and only just recently returned and to be fair I'm not sure how he's coping.

Our Center has admitted he hasn't played as well as he could, Mitchell is out for the year, Brown I believe is playing injured and has not been the asset the Jets were hoping to get. Tomlinson has been okay, but okay is not something that he's getting paid for.

Tomlinson could be a victim of a weak supporting cast as well.

We lost one of the finest RB's the Jets have ever had in B.H. and who knows if he will come back to be a shadow of what he was, my hope is that he returns better than advertised.

Our running game has disappeared and the last few games is averaging about 2.5-2.9 YPC.

Now given the flux of the QB position, it is easy for opposing defenses to dare the Jets to throw on them, especially if you have a QB who is worried that every throw he makes is being scrutinized. But to be fair there have been perfectly thrown balls which WR's have dropped. 

Outside of Wilson, the WR room which was supposed to be a strong suit has floundered as well, not to mention the TE's have not been used by our OC as he should have. 

I think White is a capable backup thats it, nothing more, nothing less, but that is a good thing because we know he is not just another body. He's a good backup, but if Jets fans think that White is the answer at QB I would say you're delusional.

Its easy for White to put up 300 yard gains by dinking and dunking (no TD's his last 2 games against teams not called Chicago) with an OC which allows him to throw 60 times a game.

That is another issue with the Jets OC, we can expect a run by Berrios during the game on a sweep around, we can expect 20 balls thrown over the middle. MLF is out coached game after game, he is not the answer for the Jets.

Rumor has it they will give him until next year to turn things around, IMHO it is a year too long. The Jets should move on from him ASAP.

As for the D line coach, the D turned around when Q blew up on the sidelines, and their was an air clearing discussion behind doors and after that the Jets D came alive. 

So I'm not enamored with all the coaches on the Jets, but I am a Saleh guy. But Saleh must not give into the sports writers and fan base and change QB's like he's changing his underwear.

J.D. will have his hands full next year with draft choices and FA signings and who to move on from. 

This Jets team is far from a finished product, but we have a good core for the first time in years.

Let's get us a QB, White is going to get paid as a backup in the millions as he is a FA, don't expect him back. They are not going to hang their future on a" perhaps" in MW. The Jets will be all in on another QB who can come in with this D and make the Jets a truly viable playoff contender.

Let Zack sit and learn and grow for as long as the Jets have to, if he turns out, good, if not we can move on. 

Lastly I am not a fan of having him in street clothes with Strev ahead of him, it is terrible optics and it could come back to haunt them.

Lastly, Lastly, My greatest concern is the Jets cut Zack N.E. picks him up and he turns out to be everything we thought he was when we drafted him. Only to haunt the franchise the next 15 years.

I agree with almost all of this. 

The one part I don't agree with is firing MLF. Much like Saleh and Wilson he was always going to need time to develop. I don't want to have to start all over just yet. Let's see if he's learned or if he improves with a vet QB next year.

On 12/26/2022 at 12:09 PM, doumeyer said:

OUR QUEST TO GET A FRANCHISE QB

Zach Wilson 2021     second pick in the first round

Sam Darnold 2018    third pick in the first round

Mark Sanchez 2018     fifth pick in the first round

Geno Smith   2013       39 pick in the second round 

Nineteen years we have been drafting for our franchise QB's and we are still at square one.  Who is **** up is it the drafting dept or the coaching staff or is it the players. This isn't funny any more we are in serious trouble right now we had a great draft in 2022 and it is all going to waste because we have no QB. I just hope the Jacksonville game is a wake up call for the Jets.

gotta stop drafting QBs who played 30secs in college and beat up tomato cans would be a start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Cut and sign to compete with White. But definitely not trade for when we can get other vets for free. If we some how get a Day 2 pick for Zach that could be a game changer with how JD drafts recently. 

Yeah it definitely depends on what Carr costs. I would never trade for him but teams will be competing to sign him. He has not been good this year. Going to be interesting to see the direction we go in.

I'm still waiting to see how Mike finish the season, but I think we would have a great shot at landing Carr if he's a free agent. We're probably the best team going into 2023 who needs him. Also, he questioned the heart in the locker room of the Raiders. I think he's going to look for a team like us.  

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm still waiting to see how Mike finish the season, but I think we would have a great shot at landing Carr if he's a free agent. We're probably the best team going into 2023 who needs him. Also, he questioned the heart in the locker room of the Raiders. I think he's going to look for a team like us.  

Do you think he would sign for 30m per or would it take more?

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

Do you think he would sign for 30m per or would it take more?

I think we will because QBs like Matt Ryan and Tannehill cap hits are $35M+ right now. That's why I'm still debating if I don't mind trading for him if we can do it without using the first. That's about to become the average soon when the young QBs in the league get their first big contract. Kyler Murray is getting $50M+ next season. He hasn't done anything stat wise that Carr hasn't done in the past.