QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Any clue as to what we want if AR retires after 2023?

No, that seems to be the sticking point. Packers don't want to give anything up, as they shouldn't. 

I doubt we're parting with a 1st or 2nd. My guess would be a 3rd. If Love is good, 2025 draft will be the point where our cap is healthy and we're in prime contending window. 

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

No, that seems to be the sticking point. Packers don't want to give anything up, as they shouldn't. 

I doubt we're parting with a 1st or 2nd. My guess would be a 3rd. If Love is good, 2025 draft will be the point where our cap is healthy and we're in prime contending window. 

I'd imagine that this would set a weird precedent for future trades where more teams could ask for some sort of return if a player they trade for completely flops.

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I can’t see the Jets giving GB any chance at our 2024 1st without getting a 2nd back if AR only plays 1 season.

I’d imagine the Jets stance is if you want a chance at a 1st next year there’s HAS TO BE coverage for us in 2025 if he retires. If GB doesn’t want that then they can forget about that 2024 pick being a 1st in any condition.

14 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I can’t see the Jets giving GB any chance at our 2024 1st without getting a 2nd back if AR only plays 1 season. I’d imagine the Jets stance is if you want a chance at a 1st next year there’s HAS TO BE coverage for us in 2025 if he retires. If GB doesn’t want that then they can forget about that 2024 pick being a 1st in any condition.

Fine, then kiss off the conditions and pay up straight draft picks. How you all do is up to you. How long AR plays is up to you to convince. You get no "coverage." We want out of the AR game.  

27 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I can’t see the Jets giving GB any chance at our 2024 1st without getting a 2nd back if AR only plays 1 season.

I’d imagine the Jets stance is if you want a chance at a 1st next year there’s HAS TO BE coverage for us in 2025 if he retires. If GB doesn’t want that then they can forget about that 2024 pick being a 1st in any condition.

Your late first next year is worth a mid 2nd this year. No way in hell you're getting a top 64 back in 2025. As others have said, it's your job to convince him to come back in 2024. Welcome to the old QB game, your management seems to be dying to get in, this is what it entails. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Fine, then kiss off the conditions and pay up straight draft picks. How you all do is up to you. How long AR plays is up to you to convince. You get no "coverage." We want out of the AR game.  

So you want conditions for it to get to a 1st but no conditions for us to get compensation if he retires after 1 year. Say that out loud and think of how relatively that is.

You what it to go to a 1st perhaps than you have to give coverage for us.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

So you want conditions for it to get to a 1st but no conditions for us to get compensation if he retires after 1 year. Say that out loud and think of how relatively that is.

You what it to go to a 1st perhaps than you have to give coverage for us.

I'd be fine with first round value. Period. Done. We get to cut the cord and move on and you get to see what your future entails. Done. 

I dont want any part of "If the Jets do so and so......" or "If AR plays or doesn't play"

You're buying him.

You want him.

Pay up and then live with it.

Done.

53 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Just give them 43 and a conditional that has a good shot at becoming a 2nd in 2024 and be done with it. Don’t need to complicate it so much. If he comes back he comes back, if he doesn’t then you didn’t give up too much.

In the end it will be a second this year and a second AT most if he plays another year and if not goes to a 3rd. I don't think a first round is involved at all even tho the GB fans want one so bad. I would laugh if GB only got a 3rd this year and maybe a 5th if he plays in 2024. LOL

1 hour ago, Leader said:

I'd be fine with first round value. Period. Done. We get to cut the cord and move on and you get to see what your future entails. Done. 

I dont want any part of "If the Jets do so and so......" or "If AR plays or doesn't play"

You're buying him.

You want him.

Pay up and then live with it.

Done.

Fine then take 43 straight up and move on.  You aren't getting another pick in 2024 if you don't want to play the contingency game.  Why would we offer a pick in 2024 then? 

You aren't getting first round value you GM basically said as much yesterday.

4 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Fine then take 43 straight up and move on.  You aren't getting another pick in 2024 if you don't want to play the contingency game.  Why would we offer a pick in 2024 then? 

They pick and choose what they want to hear

11 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Our GM said you have to pay for a premium player. Those were his words.
The Jets think he's a premium player.....but want to hedge on the cost. Want none of the risk.

15 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

In the end it will be a second this year and a second AT most if he plays another year and if not goes to a 3rd. I don't think a first round is involved at all even tho the GB fans want one so bad. I would laugh if GB only got a 3rd this year and maybe a 5th if he plays in 2024. LOL

I think 43 and a 2024 conditional 4th that can become a 2nd with playoffs, 3rd if we miss or 4th if he retires predraft is fine.  In return we get Rodgers and 116 which is basically a mid 2nd round value and having 116 give us another swing in the draft later on.

The 2024 pick will likely be another 2nd, 3rd at worst because it's unlikely Rodgers retires before the draft.  Essentially GB gets two 2nds for Rodgers which is pretty solid return and fair for both sides I feel.

13 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Our GM said nothing of the sort. 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Our GM said you have to pay for a premium player. Those were his words.
The Jets think he's a premium player.....but want to hedge on the cost. Want none of the risk.

Spin it however you like with the premium player.  Your GM said he's not getting a first.  A premium could be a 2nd this year and contingent in 2024 that could be another 2nd.  That's plenty of premium picks for a guy 90% retired that we would be saddled with a huge dead money hit when he does hang them up because of your GM's dumb extension.  Sounds pretty risky if you ask me.