QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

13 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Personally I think the condition should also be that of Rodgers retires because the Jets win the SB next year, that conditional pick is also waived.

Hey Packerraymond.  You are exiled to the darkness room Rodgers came out of.   FOR A YEAR.   No bad vibes allowed in our forum.

18 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

1. 43 and a 2024 2nd with no conditions.

2. 43 a 2024 that can turn into a 1st if we host a divisional game and you guys send us a 2nd in 2025 if AR retires after 2023. He doesn’t retire, you guys send nothing in 2025.

3. 43 and a 2024 2nd that can turn into a 1st if we make the SB and you guys send us a. 4th in 2025 if AR retires after 2023.

Personally even though I really wanted a 1st and a 2nd I would take any of the 3 although #2 I would send you a 3rd in 2025 not a 2 if he retires. 

23 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Is he really to blame for that?

2016 ATL scored 44 points on you. Sounds like a GM that didn’t have the best defense.

2019 SEA scored 37 points on you. Same thing.

2020 TB scored 31 on you. Same thing.

Sounds like defense is why you guys got eliminated. Not Rodgers.

Not to mention some all time blunders on special teams. No TE or legit second wide out that entire time either. Some of our fans are really irrational. Tom Brady **** his pants against us in 2020 but the defense fell apart like always and we had multiple blocked punts.

His career was cursed with horrible defense and really putting the special in special teams. The only time we had a top 5 defense we won the Superbowl. Gute whiffed or ignored TE and WR until last year. 

• Like 1

On 3/29/2023 at 11:50 AM, Bobby816 said:

So you’re bashing a GM that with trading Adams turned that into AVT and G Wilson (one of the best young OLineman in the NFL and OROY). Traded Darnold that allowed us to trade up for JJ. Hit on picks of DROY in Sauce and what would’ve been OROY over Wilson in Hall (who he traded up for). Also drafted a Becton who unfortunately has been injured (can’t blame the GM for that) and as a rookie was the best rookie OT in the NFL and looks motivated and in shape this year. Found mid late round gems in a great nickel CB in MC2. A great rotational RB in Carter. UDFA is Knight at RB, Echols at CB, Parks at FS. A great ST player in Sherwood (who is lowly to get a lot of action at LB this year for us). Clemons who looked great in limited snaps as a DE. Mitchell who was supposed to be a project looked good as an OT. Hall as a depth CB. These moves I guess don’t matter? Why bc Wilson didn’t work out yet? That Mims and Moore aren’t great? Mims story isn’t over and he turned Moore into potential for us this draft maybe.

I guess I'm just not someone who trips over themselves to praise someone for taking advantage of someone else's stupidity.  The Seahawks were roasted for giving up 2 FRPs for an oversized safety with coverage issues, and the Panthers weren't far behind for giving up a SRP for a clear QB bust.  You want me to give him credit for sticking to his values?  Sure, he got great value on those players but how many GMs would have passed on those deals?  It'd be like me tripping over myself saying that Brian Gutekunst is a great trader because he traded down and picked up a future FRP and then moved back up for a 3rd round pick and still got the guy (Jaire Alexander) he would have likely taken at 14.  But you don't see me doing that, do you?  They're both pretty squarely in that TBD slot as far as their GM abilities.

Honestly, I don't view Joe Douglas and Brian Gutekunst all that differently.  The biggest difference is the Jets have had significantly better draft capital over that same time period.  Since the 2019 draft (not including), the Jets have had FIVE top 20 picks.  Of those 5, 2 (Zach Wilson and Mekhi Becton) are busts, 2 (Sauce Gardner and Garrett Wilson), and 1 double (AVT).  Over that same time period, the Packers have had ONE top 20 pick (Rashan Gary), and that was probably a triple at this point.  Kudos for Joe Douglas for maximizing that 2022 draft class.  Now let's see if he can replicate that kind of success without that kind of draft ammunition.

21 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

WHO IS RUNNING THIS FOURM IS IT GREEN BAY OR  IS ITTHE JETS.?.

Their fan base is worse than NEs. No issues with GB previous to this. Now I think a I dislike GB as much as I dislike NE.

Which will make it that much more enjoyable seeing both of them suck for awhile with no QB.

Hello all!

I stop by here every once in a while, because I believe the Jets have a really good team and are just missing one piece to put them into playoff contention and possibly more. That piece is a legit QB.

Quick question, would you guys rather have Rodgers for a year or two or Carr for 5 years? I would think Carr would bring stability for 5 years whereas with Rodgers you're not 100% sure of what you're getting or how long you're getting him. 

I know Carr isn't exactly the sexy option, but I do believe that your squad is similar to the 9ers. Saleh isn't as offensively minded as Shanahan, but he looks the part of a quality coach. The talent level on defense and the offensive weapons are where I see some similarities.

In my mind, if you guys get a solid starter- you'll be in the playoffs for the next 3-4 years, and with the way Douglas finds talent- I think you'd be a legit threat for those years. 

So, do you blow you entire load on one, maybe two years, of Rodgers who certainly has a higher ceiling but also a lower floor, or do you go with the safe bet in Carr and be a competitive squad for longer? I assume the counter argument is does anyone really see Derek Carr hoisting the Lombardi? 

12 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Hello all!

I stop by here every once in a while, because I believe the Jets have a really good team and are just missing one piece to put them into playoff contention and possibly more. That piece is a legit QB.

Quick question, would you guys rather have Rodgers for a year or two or Carr for 5 years? I would think Carr would bring stability for 5 years whereas with Rodgers you're not 100% sure of what you're getting or how long you're getting him. 

I know Carr isn't exactly the sexy option, but I do believe that your squad is similar to the 9ers. Saleh isn't as offensively minded as Shanahan, but he looks the part of a quality coach. The talent level on defense and the offensive weapons are where I see some similarities.

In my mind, if you guys get a solid starter- you'll be in the playoffs for the next 3-4 years, and with the way Douglas finds talent- I think you'd be a legit threat for those years. 

So, do you blow you entire load on one, maybe two years, of Rodgers who certainly has a higher ceiling but also a lower floor, or do you go with the safe bet in Carr and be a competitive squad for longer? I assume the counter argument is does anyone really see Derek Carr hoisting the Lombardi? 

I would've been happy with either option. Each side has/had it's pros and cons.

Pro's with AR are that you're not just likely a playoff team... you're a SB contender. From the get go of the offseason it felt like he was always option 1. Just wasn't sure how realistic it was early on. Obviously it was very realistic. He also has that playoff experience that Carr doesn't have.

Pro's with Carr was that he cost no draft capital. And that you knew you were getting him for more than just a 1-3 year window.

Con's with AR is we have to give up draft capital for him. Obviously we still don't know that price yet. His money is likely spread over 4 years when we know we're not getting 4 years out of him. So even if he plays 2 years we still have a retired QB eating a huge dead cap for 2 years.

Cons with Carr is that he likely isn't ever getting you a SB. He has us in that no mans land where we likely make the playoffs every year yet cant get over the hump. All while still getting paid a good amount.

All in all I think we did this correctly if this price is right in this trade. And even that might not be able to be judged on until we see if AR plays more than 1 year. He wins us a SB no one cares how much we gave up. But we underachieve and give up a ton. It's not a great look. Either way me personally I like seeing us try a different approach at QB. We've had no luck drafting a QB high. So trying a different way I'm all for. AR also allows us to try and groom Wilson they way we should've to start his career now. He's still only 23 (for example Hooker in this years draft is already 25). So sitting and learning from one of the best to ever play the position can only help. Also timer on the bench should mature and humble him. So it leaves the door open for a "possible" answer at QB even post AR. Optimistic 100%. But it could happen. Not sure I'd bet on it ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WizeGuy said:

Hello all!

I would have liked Carr but Rodgers gives the Jets a better chance to win the Super Bowl. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I would've been happy with either option. Each side has/had it's pros and cons.

Pro's with AR are that you're not just likely a playoff team... you're a SB contender. From the get go of the offseason it felt like he was always option 1. Just wasn't sure how realistic it was early on. Obviously it was very realistic. He also has that playoff experience that Carr doesn't have.

Pro's with Carr was that he cost no draft capital. And that you knew you were getting him for more than just a 1-3 year window.

Con's with AR is we have to give up draft capital for him. Obviously we still don't know that price yet. His money is likely spread over 4 years when we know we're not getting 4 years out of him. So even if he plays 2 years we still have a retired QB eating a huge dead cap for 2 years.

Cons with Carr is that he likely isn't ever getting you a SB. He has us in that no mans land where we likely make the playoffs every year yet cant get over the hump. All while still getting paid a good amount.

All in all I think we did this correctly if this price is right in this trade. And even that might not be able to be judged on until we see if AR plays more than 1 year. He wins us a SB no one cares how much we gave up. But we underachieve and give up a ton. It's not a great look. Either way me personally I like seeing us try a different approach at QB. We've had no luck drafting a QB high. So trying a different way I'm all for. AR also allows us to try and groom Wilson they way we should've to start his career now. He's still only 23 (for example Hooker in this years draft is already 25). So sitting and learning from one of the best to ever play the position can only help. Also timer on the bench should mature and humble him. So it leaves the door open for a "possible" answer at QB even post AR. Optimistic 100%. But it could happen. Not sure I'd bet on it ;)

Jets give - 43 / next year's 2 (becomes a 1 if Jets play in AFCCG)

Pack give- Rodgers + Tom Clements (Zach Wilson's personal "QB School" coach for this year and maybe next)

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

God I can't wait until this is over with. Our board is insufferable right now. 

I rarely jump in here since it's basically just back and forth hypotheticals with GB fans.

Combine and Pro days came and went and everything here was "OK BUT WHAT IF THE TRADE WAS #13 FOR A PICTURE OF AR HOLDING THE LOMBARDI TROPHY AND A COUPON TO SIZZLERS"

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I rarely jump in here since it's basically just back and forth hypotheticals with GB fans.

Combine and Pro days came and went and everything here was "OK BUT WHAT IF THE TRADE WAS #13 FOR A PICTURE OF AR HOLDING THE LOMBARDI TROPHY AND A COUPON TO SIZZLERS"

Jets responsible for the server's tip at Sizzler or Gute tells them to "pound sand"