QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

41 minutes ago, xrade said:

Where did you hear that?  Come on man, share the joy. 

Woody Johnson doesn’t know how to stand pat. Plus the Giants are going to the playoffs with the coach we probably should have hired lol. He’s gonna do something, he ain’t about to just let this ride. Somebody gotta pay for the season we just had.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

We’re firing someone this next week I think. And I actually think it might be MLF. Which won’t hurt my feelings

I kind of hope its Saleh. I just don't think he is the guy and don't want to keep wasting seasons with sub par coaching. The issue though is, we probably will never get a big named coach to ever want to come here and work for this organization. 

6 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I kind of hope its Saleh. I just don't think he is the guy and don't want to keep wasting seasons with sub par coaching. The issue though is, we probably will never get a big named coach to ever want to come here and work for this organization. 

I don't think it's Saleh and you really cant cut ties with Ulbrich either after the defense went from worst in the league to good. So if we have to get rid of someone to make a point that losing and no playoffs isn't acceptable... it's MLF. You could argue Boyer as well. I mean ST cost us a few games alone.

Why I hope it's MLF is that he has 0 ability to cater a game plan to a QB. He has a plan and you better fit that plan or else your fitting a square peg into a round hole. 0 adjustments from him. That's 100% a coaching issue. It's really a whole lack of leadership issue, that you have no clue how to best utilize your players. We started the year sending Moore on streaks for jump balls at 5'10", we then went to 2 RBs which worked, but then Hall goes down and they stop. They kept Uzo in to block most the year which helped the run game. The OL gets worse and we start having him run more routes. He refuses to simplify the game for the QB.

For me for those reasons he needs to go. He on his own with his players isn't bad. But are we really going to cater our roster on offense of 1/2 our players for 1 coach? No thank you. Get me a guy in here that can get the most and cater his plan to each player on the offenses ability. 

36 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't think anyone loses their job this year. Like it or not these coaches played games that had real meaning in Dec and Jan. Now if the NFL expands to 8 teams in the playoffs and the Jets sneak in that will change things too. 

You how Woody is.

Firing OC won't improve the offense at all.  Getting a veteran qb may. If Woody doesn't see that then we are doomed.

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't think anyone loses their job this year. Like it or not these coaches played games that had real meaning in Dec and Jan. Now if the NFL expands to 8 teams in the playoffs and the Jets sneak in that will change things too. 

I don't see it that way. We were only in games and winning games bc of the defense. Everyone on the offensive side of the ball staff wise needs to be in question. 

10 hours ago, ekill08x said:

There’s a reason Woody Johnson hires first time head coaches so often. And it’s not a good one.

26 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Douglas as well.  Both share the same vision.  Besides, it was Chris that hired JD.  Wipe everyone, all of them

My stance if I was Woody would be to stand pat, let the guys you hired have another year with total control, including their coaching staffs. If Saleh wants LaFleur, let him have him. If they can’t catch up to the rest of the NFL offensively, then you fire them all in 2024.

5 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

My stance if I was Woody would be to stand pat, let the guys you hired have another year with total control, including their coaching staffs. If Saleh wants LaFleur, let him have him. If they can’t catch up to the rest of the NFL offensively, then you fire them all in 2024.

Same.

I wish we could fire Woody - that would help us more than anything. Owners meddling is nearly always a disaster, let the people you hired to run your organisation as professionals do their job, we should fire out ST coach but if that's Woody's decision then we've got Commanders level problems.