QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

56 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

The defense had absolutely nothing to do with Ulbrich (unless we don't see things behind the scenes) and everything to do with Joe Douglas and Q.

Defensive success was most impacted by playing against backup QBs almost every week.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

There’s a reason Woody Johnson hires first time head coaches so often. And it’s not a good one.

Oh I know. 1 being that no self respected coach would ever want to work for him and 2 he's cheap. We really need this family to sell. Hopefully to someone that has deeper pockets, wants to win and stays TF out of the way and lets the football guys do their jobs. 

18 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Oh I know. 1 being that no self respected coach would ever want to work for him and 2 he's cheap. We really need this family to sell. Hopefully to someone that has deeper pockets, wants to win and stays TF out of the way and lets the football guys do their jobs. 

I truly don’t believe he gives a sh*t about winning. All he cares about is the value of the franchise. Dude had the nerve to raise ticket prices when they were 7-4. He (or whoever runs his Twitter) tweeting about uniform colors this week like any fan actually cares.

Meanwhile the coach they passed on is winning COTY on the Giants and getting them back to the playoffs in one season, while the Jets had a terrible collapse even by their own standards. And he let Douglas make the coaching decision. Not great.

I'm putting a hold on Hendon Hooker at the moment. I realized his deep passes aren't that good. His targets seem to slow down a lot to catch his deep passes. He's great mid and low range, but I only saw 1 deep pass where he caught the WR in stride. I wouldn't be mad if we picked him in the 4th or later. 

I do want all of the prospects around him. Cedric Tillman will be a steal in this draft. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm putting a hold on Hendon Hooker at the moment. I realized his deep passes aren't that good. His targets seem to slow down a lot to catch his deep passes. He's great mid and low range, but I only saw 1 deep pass where he caught the WR in stride. I wouldn't be mad if we picked him in the 4th or later. 

I do want all of the prospects around him. Cedric Tillman will be a steal in this draft. 

hooker's alright - the injury and the fact he'll be 25 in a few days is a major detractor.  he'll probably sit for at least a year, and then what, they'll have a 26, 27 year old with no NFL experience?  

34 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

hooker's alright - the injury and the fact he'll be 25 in a few days is a major detractor.  he'll probably sit for at least a year, and then what, they'll have a 26, 27 year old with no NFL experience?  

lol... you arrived to the point too late.   we are well aware of age and injury.  We shouldn't bother to take him in 1st nor 2nd but 4th round pick sounds all right.  He should be well ahead of Mike White in ahead of this training camp, assuming he is ready to take on the field (ACL). I can bet you on this.

14 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Agreed.   That is why I immediately think of him taking White's spot. 

I think there’s no way we take a QB before Round 3. And even then I think that’s optimistic. Probably even later or UDFA. I think we bring in a legit starter that’s a vet with Wilson as the backup. Most teams only roll with 2 QBs so that’s not odd. We’re used to having 3 bc we don’t ever have a legit starter.

I still standby that I think the odds are best in this order.

1. Sign Jimmy G

2. trade a really late pick for Carr and restructure his deal.

3. Sign Darnold

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think there’s no way we take a QB before Round 3. And even then I think that’s optimistic. Probably even later or UDFA. I think we bring in a legit starter that’s a vet with Wilson as the backup. Most teams only roll with 2 QBs so that’s not odd. We’re used to having 3 bc we don’t ever have a legit starter.

1. Sign Jimmy G

3. Sign Darnold

Only if Carr is okay with playing for Jets. I don't know if Jets are on his no trade clause.

I think I go with no drafting qb at all this year.  Only UDFA. None of them will bring Jets to playoff next year.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

1. Sign Jimmy G

3. Sign Darnold

I hate the Jimmy G thing. I hope someone out bids the Jets for him. There is a reason the 49ers tried to move him for a year and no one took them up on it. 

I like the Carr better than Jimmy but like I said. It will cost a lot and I think there are better option.

Darnold I would love to come back but that will not happen. You never see a QB that was cast away come back to the same team.

Baker Mayfield is the guy I want. He would sign a prove it deal and be the starter for the next year or 2. If he does great you have your QB of the future. If he tanks you can fall back on Wilson

No matter what the QB situation is just not good and I see no real help unless Bardy, Rodgers or Jackson is coming to town. 

3 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I hate the Jimmy G thing. I hope someone out bids the Jets for him. There is a reason the 49ers tried to move him for a year and no one took them up on it. 

I like the Carr better than Jimmy but like I said. It will cost a lot and I think there are better option.

Darnold I would love to come back but that will not happen. You never see a QB that was cast away come back to the same team.

Baker Mayfield is the guy I want. He would sign a prove it deal and be the starter for the next year or 2. If he does great you have your QB of the future. If he tanks you can fall back on Wilson

No matter what the QB situation is just not good and I see no real help unless Bardy, Rodgers or Jackson is coming to town. 

It’s not a matter of what I like or what you like. It’s what’s the most realistic.

Jimmy G is a FA that will hit the market. That makes him relativism along with his ties to the staff and system. That’s why I will all off-season say he’s the most likely to be our QB next year. That doesn’t mean that’s what I want. It means what I think is the most realistic.

Carr is next bc we know his time in LV is likely over. So that’s what makes him realistic.

4 hours ago, Heymangold said:

Well I'm honestly not too worried about the age because of how long QBs last now. I'm just not interested in a QB who can't stretch the offense.