QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

For the people that want Brady and Rodgers...not to burst the bubble, but not only do you have to pay both a fortune. You also have to pony up draft capital for Rodgers. And then even if either decide to come here...in what world are we winning a championship with this OL? So after spending 30-50 million on a QB for a 1-3 year championship window, we can't even fix the OL because we don't have cap space. 

It's not even that it's unrealistic that these guys are thoughts...it just doesn't make sense given the makeup of the roster. 

12 minutes ago, Colt45fool said:

For the people that want Brady and Rodgers...not to burst the bubble, but not only do you have to pay both a fortune. You also have to pony up draft capital for Rodgers. And then even if either decide to come here...in what world are we winning a championship with this OL? So after spending 30-50 million on a QB for a 1-3 year championship window, we can't even fix the OL because we don't have cap space. 

It's not even that it's unrealistic that these guys are thoughts...it just doesn't make sense given the makeup of the roster. 

The only “star” that has any possibility of maybe coming here might be Lamar. And that’s very doubtful. Contract talks would have to go real bad and public for them to go separate ways

It is hard to believe we are in our last game of the season, and we don't have a real NFL QB on our roster. After all the super high draft picks we had in the first round and still failed. This is going to throw a monkey wrench in our drafting plans.

• Like 1

Give me a QB room next year of Wilson and Tannehill with a rookie/developmental guy to start molding. 

Tannehill is the perfect veteran, knows the offense, has a similar skillset to Wilson and has shown he can win. 

Carr, hell no. Jimmy G hell no and everyone else is a pipe dream(Brady, Rodgers, Lamar). 

12 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Love has sat behind Rodgers for 3 years so he is ready to take a shot. He should be better prepared for game than Wilson has ever.

How does that work? Because he was on the bench for 3 years he's our answer. He might be good but we've got no good reason to believe that and shouldn't put our hopes on him.

2 hours ago, ukjets21 said:

How does that work? Because he was on the bench for 3 years he's our answer. He might be good but we've got no good reason to believe that and shouldn't put our hopes on him.

After veterans striking out, it comes down to Wilson so yeah I am rolling the dice on Love.

5 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’m not giving Lamar Jackson a mega deal if the Ravens decide not to. They are a WAY more competent franchise than the Jets. 

You know why they are more competent than we are? We draft Sam Darnold. They draft Lamar Jackson.

If you can't beat them, join them. Or something.

6 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

You know why they are more competent than we are? We draft Sam Darnold. They draft Lamar Jackson.

If you can't beat them, join them. Or something.

Different with him being a rookie compared to now. Dude has ALOT of rushing attempts and still leaves a good amount to be desired as a passer. Then you have to play in the ballpark of Deshaun Watsons contract apparently. If they don’t wanna pay him, they probably have a good reason.

17 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Give me a QB room next year of Wilson and Tannehill with a rookie/developmental guy to start molding. 

Tannehill is the perfect veteran, knows the offense, has a similar skillset to Wilson and has shown he can win. 

Carr, hell no. Jimmy G hell no and everyone else is a pipe dream(Brady, Rodgers, Lamar). 

I’d take any of the 3 tbh

On 1/8/2023 at 8:36 AM, JetsandI said:

After veterans striking out, it comes down to Wilson so yeah I am rolling the dice on Love.

I guess Rodgers is still under contract, but  i would love to see him play with Jets young talent. But i am sure that is only a pipe dream.

24 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I guess Rodgers is still under contract, but  i would love to see him play with Jets young talent. But i am sure that is only a pipe dream.

Packers may trade him after June 1st. This move will save Packers about 1m for 2023 but suffer a whopping 68 ish m in dead money for 2024. 

The dead money that the Packers would have from trading Rodgers is not talked about nearly enough. 68 million or so would be incredibly prohibitive for them to do just about anything next offseason. That contract he signed last year has basically made it so he either retires or he plays for them. I just cannot see them taking that cap hit.

5 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Packers may trade him after June 1st. This move will save Packers about 1m for 2023 but suffer a whopping 68 ish m in dead money for 2024.