QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

11 hours ago, WheatieMan said:

No defense Raiders? I mean... I know the Ole' WR friend is lobbying for him to go there, but why go to another AFC team with no defense and play Mahomes/Herbert 2x? Why not talk to the 49ers, who could actually move Lance if they wanted too (not sure about their cap situation). He's better off staying in GB otherwise.

The 49ers would have to be willing to give up the draft capital the Packers want and find a way to pay him.

14 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

Jimmy G? I think he is safer than Carr. But not good enough to take us where we want to go. But, he could be a good bridge if we draft someone interesting in the 3-5 rounds.

I think Jimmy G is significantly riskier than Carr for a few reasons. For one he has only played on extremely talented teams so it's hard to really assess how he'd do on a less talented roster. And he's also the most injury prone QB in the league that has constantly missed significant time, which is why the 49ers were willing to give up 3 FRPs to replace him.

6 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

The name out of left field would be Daniel Jones.

We have briefly mentioned him or, at least, I have.  I think the Giants will tag him.  I doubt JD will give up those FRP's.  But if JD is serious about acquiring a starting QB now and for the next couple of years, it is going to cost so it would not be completely shocking if he gave up those picks.  I like Danny Dimes but not for 2 FRP's and $40M per.

I don't think Carr is coming here unless he is let go and Carr wants to be here. I'm very scared that in the end the jets are trading for Lamar. I really don't want him and there is a reason the Ravens don't want to give him all that money. Man the Browns reallt screwed everyone over on that Watson deal. I hope Watson tanks so bad he is cut in 2 years. Just to show the Browns they NEVER should have agreed to that deal. This is what I think will happen.

Carr is going to be moved VERY soon before the deadline. Panthers are not going after any good QB they will resign Darnold. Carr is looking at the Saints. I think this is where he goes. The Raiders want him out of the AFC.

Rodgers. I think he is still in the plans and this is the big swing. I think a deal is done just not public yet. All the mock drafts I have seen now from the pros has GB picking 13. Where there is some there is fire. I think the Jets mobve the first round pick and that is it for Rodgers and Rodgers agrees to play for 2 years. 

Lamar Jackson. I think he is the fall back guy. I hate Lamar but that is me. This will cost a lot but if the Jets get Rodgers the price for Lamar just dropped big time. There will be fewer teams that want him and most teams have an O that is based on throwing by the QB not runnning the QB.

In the end it will be Rodgers or Lamar.

I still want Baker if we get Rodgers. Baker can back up Rodgers and ZW as 3rd string QB. 

28 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

The Raiders want him out of the AFC.

The Raiders have little say where he goes.  They can refuse to trade him but if Carr wants an AFC team, he can just wait for the Raiders to cut him next week.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

That is pretty much what we all thought. I HIGHLY doubt he comes in July/Aug as a new guy and pushing for the starting job. I see him doing his thing and collecting his money. I don't see a drive or will to win in him. 

49 minutes ago, xrade said:

The Raiders have little say where he goes.  They can refuse to trade him but if Carr wants an AFC team, he can just wait for the Raiders to cut him next week.

Well ya we all know that. This is why they are looking now for a NFC team that will give up a pick or 2 for him and he is happy where he goes. This will get done before the deadline. 

18 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I don't see a drive or will to win in him. 

I don't agree with this assessment of Zach at all.  He works very hard in the offseason as well as during the season.  Not sure where you think he is lazy.  We can agree that he sucks at the moment, but it is not for lack of effort.

If you want to see a QB who gives little effort, look no further than your boy Baker.  By the way, why the man crush on Baker?

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

That is pretty much what we all thought. I HIGHLY doubt he comes in July/Aug as a new guy and pushing for the starting job. I see him doing his thing and collecting his money. I don't see a drive or will to win in him. 

It’s got some stuff that’s hard to believe though. But I called he was going to get benched if he played bad in the NE game and that the Mike White elevation on the depth chart wasn’t “nothing” like people were trying to make it out to be. Overall though it’s funny how the article throws MLF under the bus as the one who was all in on Wilson. Irrelevant, it all falls on Douglas.

10 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

It’s got some stuff that’s hard to believe though. But I called he was going to get benched if he played bad in the NE game and that the Mike White elevation on the depth chart wasn’t “nothing” like people were trying to make it out to be. Overall though it’s funny how the article throws MLF under the bus as the one who was all in on Wilson. Irrelevant, it all falls on Douglas.

Yeah I agree, but when your two biggest evaluators in the room aside from your self are pounding the table for a guy what you also see tools in, it may have been a bigger nightmare going against the grain with someone like Fields if the OC doesn't have the nearly the same conviction. I really liked Fields as well. I favored Wilson from an arm standpoint and what I believed to be a more cerebral guy when listening to Douglas rave about his unbelievable recall of any situation they brought up in college. Obviously Zach has been a disaster even with the traits we thought were his strengths. 

All that being said, I don't necessarily get the sense that Zach doesn't care. Baring something unforeseen, I personally expect him to have his biggest offseason thus far, whether that's saying much or not. A lot of his issues are very correctable. My biggest concerns are his accuracy overall, especially on extremely easy throws (like the INT video in the ESPN article vs the Pats) and his overall inability to see the field. His vision is only going to get better with reps so having him sit isn't some magic fix like others have formally stated. Accuracy I do believe could at least improve with a high intensity offseason throwing program, but again, getting game reps and QB1 volume in practice will always be the best. It's a tough situation. The QB can't continue to hold back the development of the rest of the offense. Our foundation of GW, EM, Hall and even potentially Ruckert can't be hindered anymore as Zach tries to figure it out. I really hope the kid was completely humbled and as hungry as he attempted to sell us all in his exit interviews. The veteran QB addition may not be as exciting as we had once believed. I am still torn on Zach but I acknowledge we need more than just a mediocre veteran brought in. I want a veteran and a day 3 pick. Competition will reveal the truth about everyone in that room. We definitely deserve better. 

Sorry for the rant...I am bored at work today!