QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

5 hours ago, xrade said:

I don't agree with this assessment of Zach at all.  He works very hard in the offseason as well as during the season.  Not sure where you think he is lazy.  We can agree that he sucks at the moment, but it is not for lack of effort.

If you want to see a QB who gives little effort, look no further than your boy Baker.  By the way, why the man crush on Baker?

It has been reported in the middle of the season he was late to several meetings. The players started to turn on him after they see bad practice after bad practice with no adjustment. Ya that is being lazy in my book.

Baker is the only young guy in FA that still has a chance to be above average. Sam Darnold could be too but he is not coming back here. Tanny is not good at all and is averge to below average guy. 

32 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

It has been reported in the middle of the season he was late to several meetings. The players started to turn on him after they see bad practice after bad practice with no adjustment. Ya that is being lazy in my book.

Baker is the only young guy in FA that still has a chance to be above average. Sam Darnold could be too but he is not coming back here. Tanny is not good at all and is averge to below average guy. 

I don’t think he’s lazy I thing he has an ego. Now having an ego is needed to a certain extent to play at this level. But for starters you need to back up that ego. And you can have an ego and be humble at the same time. The feeling you get with these type of guys is they’re very confident in their ability but take blame, work hard and have the respect of their peers. Zach has done none of those 3 things.

8 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Rodgers. I think he is still in the plans and this is the big swing. I think a deal is done just not public yet. All the mock drafts I have seen now from the pros has GB picking 13. Where there is some there is fire. I think the Jets mobve the first round pick and that is it for Rodgers and Rodgers agrees to play for 2 years. 

Vegas has Rodgers to the Raiders at like -500 right now and you think they have a deal done with the Jets?

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Vegas has Rodgers to the Raiders at like -500 right now and you think they have a deal done with the Jets?

I think Vegas knows about as much as we do about the Rodgers situation. Which is that Adams wants him there and some fans said they wanted him in LV at a golf tournament (if the golf tournament was 4hrs away from NYC he’d had fans saying go to NYJ). Which really means nothing at the end of the day. 

In fact if you ask me… having Hackett and G. Wilson is an easier decision for him than Adams and McDaniels. If Rodgers is smart after this dark retreat he goes on… he finds out which teams are interested and see what their plans are after they were to get him. And pick his situation based on that. If we say we’re upgrading the OL and adding a WR that helps us along with having Hackett and what we already have. LV says they’ll spend all their money on defense to make them contenders. That helps them. But he should be asking these things before he makes a decision. This is all before even knowing tree value. GB really doesn’t set the price. Bc if he’s decided he wants to play elsewhere and they have a crazy price. He can always just say he’ll retire. Which in turn makes his trade value lower. So we shouldn’t exactly come out of the gate offering something crazy for him if he wants a move away from GB. Really we’d have to see what our competitors are offering more so than what GB wants.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I think Vegas knows about as much as we do about the Rodgers situation. Which is that Adams wants him there and some fans said they wanted him in LV at a golf tournament (if the golf tournament was 4hrs away from NYC he’d had fans saying go to NYJ). Which really means nothing at the end of the day. 

In fact if you ask me… having Hackett and G. Wilson is an easier decision for him than Adams and McDaniels. If Rodgers is smart after this dark retreat he goes on… he finds out which teams are interested and see what their plans are after they were to get him. And pick his situation based on that. If we say we’re upgrading the OL and adding a WR that helps us along with having Hackett and what we already have. LV says they’ll spend all their money on defense to make them contenders. That helps them. But he should be asking these things before he makes a decision. This is all before even knowing tree value. GB really doesn’t set the price. Bc if he’s decided he wants to play elsewhere and they have a crazy price. He can always just say he’ll retire. Which in turn makes his trade value lower. So we shouldn’t exactly come out of the gate offering something crazy for him if he wants a move away from GB. Really we’d have to see what our competitors are offering more so than what GB wants.

I don't think bookies are changing odds from +275 to -500 in a short span of time for no reason. 

I think you underestimate how much better Davante Adams is than Garrett Wilson, Rodgers just had issues playing with young WRs last season. What other weapons do the Jets have that you can feel confident about going into next season?

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think bookies are changing odds from +275 to -500 in a short span of time for no reason. 

I think you underestimate how much better Davante Adams is than Garrett Wilson, Rodgers just had issues playing with young WRs last season. What other weapons do the Jets have that you can feel confident about going into next season?

I think you’re underestimating how much the reason for a move is to win. Not just put up stats. Is he putting up more stats with Adams and Waller? Probably. But with that defense they’re not exactly competing for a SB. Where we 100% have the defense to complete for a SB. And while we have a young group at WR with Wilson and Moore. They’re only going to get better. Wilson just graded out as one of the better WRs in the league as a rookie with some of the worst QB play. Imagine what he could do with a HOF QB? Not going to sit here and say it’d be as good as Adams and Rodgers in GB. But I don’t think it’d be crazy far off.

As a TEAM…. We give Rodgers a better chance to win a SB. He’s not chasing money. He’s getting that regardless. So he’s only be leaving to win.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I think you’re underestimating how much the reason for a move is to win. Not just put up stats. Is he putting up more stats with Adams and Waller? Probably. But with that defense they’re not exactly competing for a SB. Where we 100% have the defense to complete for a SB. And while we have a young group at WR with Wilson and Moore. They’re only going to get better. Wilson just graded out as one of the better WRs in the league as a rookie with some of the worst QB play. Imagine what he could do with a HOF QB? Not going to sit here and say it’d be as good as Adams and Rodgers in GB. But I don’t think it’d be crazy far off.

As a TEAM…. We give Rodgers a better chance to win a SB. He’s not chasing money. He’s getting that regardless. So he’s only be leaving to win.

We were just in the playoffs a year ago though so how do you give him a better chance to win? Because you won one more game than we did last season? lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We were just in the playoffs a year ago though so how do you give him a better chance to win? Because you won one more game than we did last season? lol

Because the change is WAY bigger for us.

Going from Carr to Rodgers is an upgrade. But not nearly the Enormous leap going from Flacco, Wilson and White to Rodgers is. We also were ranked as a top 8 team at a point before AVT and Hall went down. This all without Becton as well. We get in essence 3 1st rounders back next year. We also had a top defense that is only going to get better bc we’re young. We also get better just by then not being in the field all game bc we have a weapon at QB that can keep them off the field.

You guys have Adams but Renfrow isn’t much better if even better than Moore. Not going to compare stats bc once again there’s a big difference between Carr throwing to you and Wilson throwing to you. Yes Waller was out and he’s a top TE. But our TE room isn’t bad at all with 2 really good guys. And once again how’s that defense going from one of the worst to a SB contending defense?

The path to a SB and winning is easier with us. Not saying that makes it where he chooses us. But if that’s a factor. We win. For me if he chooses LV it’s strictly bc of Adams. Which I think isn’t smart for him to make a 2 year career decision bc of 1 player.

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

That was a bogus report and was debunked by multiple jets reporters within the hour of it being reported. There's also stories that Robert Saleh had to literally tell Zach to go home and get some sleep because he wouldn't leave his office after midnight because he wanted to keep talking defensive schemes. 

Zach was bad, really bad. But if there's one thing he's not is lazy. 

3 minutes ago, Mattmanz said:

That was a bogus report and was debunked by multiple jets reporters within the hour of it being reported. There's also stories that Robert Saleh had to literally tell Zach to go home and get some sleep because he wouldn't leave his office after midnight because he wanted to keep talking defensive schemes. 

Zach was bad, really bad. But if there's one thing he's not is lazy. 

Well there’s lazy in the sense of that you don’t think you need to change things. More of a stubbornness than laziness. He can be at the facility at 5am and not leave until midnight. But if he’s doing an awful job reading defenses on filM and throwing with poor mechanics and such. He’s just creating deeper bad habits.