QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

8 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Cutting Lawson, Brown, Davis, A.Davis, Berrios, and JFM. Then if we restructure Mosley and Tomlinson's contracts, we could hit $59M. That's pretty amazing imo. We're going to have at least $110M in cap next offseason at the moment. 

I'm glad Carr is hitting the market. That leaves more options just in case we miss Rodgers and he'll likely be had at a cheaper rate now. 

Yes I'm happy Carr hit the market too. I think the Raiders wanted a trade bad but Carr said sorry no I'm not taking a draft pick away from a team I'm going too if i just wait a few days and hit FA market and pick where I want to go. Carzy how the Raiders are getting nothing from Carr in a trade. They really messed this up. 

Rodgers is my number 1 guy followed by Carr. We miss on both I'm going to be mad. We need 1 of these guys now. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I hope so. You really think he'll say he wants a trade to just us?

I think he wants to win if he's going to keep playing and going to LV with a bottom 5 defense and an OL in worse shape then ours makes no sense.  We offer his friend at OC and enough weapons on both sides of the ball to be serious players.  Don't think he gets that in LV or any other place since SF is out apparently.

Rodgers has become a bit of a strange guy and I don't think anyone knows his true motives behind his decision but with that being said from purely a football stand point it almost makes 0 sense for him to go to Vegas. I'm surprised no one has brought this up the fact that Josh Mcdaniels and him would surely clash. He seems like the last coach rodgers would want to play for. They have his boy Davante Adams as well as a great TE in Waller but aside from that they are probably worse across the board compared to the Jets, especially on defense. I'm not saying that the Jets would win the super bowl with Rodgers necessarily but I can absolutely guarantee you that he wouldn't with the Raiders with that defense. Like I said we don't know what's factoring into his decision but if it's strictly about winning the Raiders shouldn't even be an option.

Oh I agree that JD will not overpay and I have a feeling that Rodgers is going to the Jets or retire. I think this is what all the jets players are talikg about. If Rodgers plays he is a Jet and if he does not play he retires. The players probably feel pretty good that he is playing this year. The Jets probably told him you better tell us soon if you are playing or we are looking some where else very fast i.e Carr. I think JD knew Carr was going to be let go and wants to know if Rodgers wants to play. This is why Rodgers all of a sudden goes out into dakrness to decided and will have an answer in a few short days now. This connects all the dots that are out there. 

I am glad so many are certain Rodgers is coming here.  However, what if his shroom induced visions guide him elsewhere.  I could see him being lead to the Edmonton Elks; the GB Packers of Canada.  Since they have free healthcare up there, he may be able to get his "medicine" for free.  Just sayin'.

12 hours ago, ekill08x said:

because it was reported we inquired lol? 

The Packers are publicly putting it out there that they will trade Aaron if thats what he wants, so the wheels of a trade are already in motion.  So the only two teams in the mix so far seem to be the Jets and Raiders and the only thing the Raiders have to offer football wise is a Davante Adams reunion but it comes with playing in a divison with the current SB champs with Mahomes, Justin Herbert and now a potentially rejuvenated Russell Wilson with Sean Payton or go to the team with the better overall roster and get to play against Mac Jones and a brain damaged Tua, the choice will be simple.

So the 90% is from the no chance he is retiring and leaving all that money on the table, Packers willing to move him, and the Jets being the best landing spot.  The 10% doubt is 5% prefers Oakland and the other 5% is prefers to stay in GB

1 hour ago, Abe56 said:

The Packers are publicly putting it out there that they will trade Aaron if thats what he wants, so the wheels of a trade are already in motion.  So the only two teams in the mix so far seem to be the Jets and Raiders and the only thing the Raiders have to offer football wise is a Davante Adams reunion but it comes with playing in a divison with the current SB champs with Mahomes, Justin Herbert and now a potentially rejuvenated Russell Wilson with Sean Payton or go to the team with the better overall roster and get to play against Mac Jones and a brain damaged Tua, the choice will be simple.

So the 90% is from the no chance he is retiring and leaving all that money on the table, Packers willing to move him, and the Jets being the best landing spot.  The 10% doubt is 5% prefers Oakland and the other 5% is prefers to stay in GB

Not to mention strippers on the strip. 

12 hours ago, Greene N White said:

Rodgers has become a bit of a strange guy and I don't think anyone knows his true motives behind his decision but with that being said from purely a football stand point it almost makes 0 sense for him to go to Vegas. I'm surprised no one has brought this up the fact that Josh Mcdaniels and him would surely clash. He seems like the last coach rodgers would want to play for. They have his boy Davante Adams as well as a great TE in Waller but aside from that they are probably worse across the board compared to the Jets, especially on defense. I'm not saying that the Jets would win the super bowl with Rodgers necessarily but I can absolutely guarantee you that he wouldn't with the Raiders with that defense. Like I said we don't know what's factoring into his decision but if it's strictly about winning the Raiders shouldn't even be an option.

It funny you say that I feel the same way he is acting strange.

On 2/13/2023 at 7:54 AM, Bobby816 said:

Getting the sense that we overpay for Rodgers. That we're all in on him. 

Jets tried to trade for Carr, which leads me to believe. 1. Rodgers is staying in GB

2. GB would trade him but the asking price was so high (even for the Jets) that they are looking at plan 1A.