QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

3 minutes ago, Big T said:

Jets tried to trade for Carr, which leads me to believe. 1. Rodgers is staying in GB

2. GB would trade him but the asking price was so high (even for the Jets) that they are looking at plan 1A.

3.  JD is doing his job by leaving no vet QB stone uncovered.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2023 at 10:15 AM, Rockice_8 said:

I think he wants to win if he's going to keep playing and going to LV with a bottom 5 defense and an OL in worse shape then ours makes no sense.  We offer his friend at OC and enough weapons on both sides of the ball to be serious players.  Don't think he gets that in LV or any other place since SF is out apparently.

He's definitely closer to Davante Adams than he is Nathaniel Hackett.  And Las Vegas >>> New York in terms of weather.

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

He's definitely closer to Davante Adams than he is Nathaniel Hackett.  And Las Vegas >>> New York in terms of weather.

He just played in GB his entire career so weather isn't a huge factor and having one close friend on the team doesn't change the fact that LV isn't winning anything with that team.  It's not that's he's friends with Hackett but it's more so that he already knows the system unlike JMDs system in LV.  Having to learn a new system is huge.

Edited by Rockice_8

9 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

He just played in GB his entire career so weather isn't a huge factor and having one close friend on the team doesn't change the fact that LV isn't winning anything with that team.  It's not that's he's friends with Hackett but it's more so that he already knows the system unlike JMDs system in LV.  Having to learn a new system is huge.

To piggyback off of this. LV fans have to know that QBs really don't want to work with JMD. I could easily see Rodgers and him butting heads constantly.

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

It might be okay, but he might prefer spending more time not playing in bad weather if he can avoid it.  And the Adams' connection was in response to using Hackett as sort of a proponent for why Rodgers would prefer Las Vegas to New York.  And McDaniels will almost assuredly tweak his system towards what Rodgers wants.

And for the Raiders not winning anything, they only won ones less than the Jets did last year.  They need some work, but they're a legit threat to the Jets for Rodgers.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

It might be okay, but he might prefer spending more time not playing in bad weather if he can avoid it.  And the Adams' connection was in response to using Hackett as sort of a proponent for why Rodgers would prefer Las Vegas to New York.  And McDaniels will almost assuredly tweak his system towards what Rodgers wants.

And for the Raiders not winning anything, they only won ones less than the Jets did last year.  They need some work, but they're a legit threat to the Jets for Rodgers.

We sure about that?  Either way still a learning curve. 

One less game with a real QB and the top RB/WR duo healthy all year.  There is debate how far behind their roster is as a whole but they still are clearly behind in terms of overall talent.  Not that the AFC East is bad because it's arguably one of the best divisions but why go battle Maholmes twice a year for the division with a less talented roster.  

Jets already have shown they can play with BUF with a dog poo at QB.

Not saying LV is an option just that if his priority is to win one more before he checks out (and I think it is to solidify himself with the greats) then go to the team that offers the best shot for the next 2-3 years.  That ain't LV.

Now that Carr is spending the weekend with the Jets I say if he fits the system Hackett wants to run then sign him. Don't let him walk out the door. I don't want to put all my chips in on Rodgers. I'm scared that Carr leaves and signs before Rodgers even says he wants to play for the Jets. Then you add the fact Rodgers is jumping in on this UFO crap and the White House. The dude has a screw lose. I knew he was out there but i did not know he was not on earth. Go with Carr keep your picks and go after a mid late round guy at QB this year and next. I'm the guy that thinks you should always have a young QB who you draft late or sign as a UDFA. You always have the well full of young QB's to pick from. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Now that Carr is spending the weekend with the Jets I say if he fits the system Hackett wants to run then sign him. Don't let him walk out the door. I don't want to put all my chips in on Rodgers. I'm scared that Carr leaves and signs before Rodgers even says he wants to play for the Jets. Then you add the fact Rodgers is jumping in on this UFO crap and the White House. The dude has a screw lose. I knew he was out there but i did not know he was not on earth. Go with Carr keep your picks and go after a mid late round guy at QB this year and next. I'm the guy that thinks you should always have a young QB who you draft late or sign as a UDFA. You always have the well full of young QB's to pick from. 

Rumor out of GB is that they are fed up with him and want to move on. Here's the real question, aside from AR's being a top QB, do we (the Jets) really want someone else's problems? Not only that, but pay to acquire the problem?

There's nothing to see here with AR's, if the Jets are smart and JD see's the benefit of signing Carr who was an MVP runner up two years removed with a team that has never had a top D. Then JD must make sure Carr doesn't leave the facility without a contract.

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Jet fuel is that you? Did someone hack your account?  Welcome to the land of the “play it safe” team. 

23 hours ago, xrade said:

Jet fuel is that you? Did someone hack your account?  Welcome to the land of the “play it safe” team. 

LOL I know. 

I do have Carr above Rodgers right now but I have benn going back and forth with this. I think you have Carr in and if you like him take him. 

On 2/19/2023 at 7:44 AM, jetfuel34 said:

I do have Carr above Rodgers right now 

Age + acquisition cost will likely be a lot so I kinda get it. But man Carr is nothing special. He'd be an upgrade of Zach Wilson but seeing fans (Not Jets specifically but online in general) touting Carr as a stud will be disappointed when he's asked to play good teams or in cold weather.

I've always been indifferent on Carr but I hope he fails now and quite frankly rather see him as a Jet than Saint.