QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

6 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

The guys has been a solid OG basically his entire career (average to slightly above average at times). 

You may want to check with Detroit about his play there.

7 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

We had turnstiles at C and LT so that can't be good for helping him.

According to some, Brown and McG were above average.  I certainly did not see it but what do I know.  Apparently, Tomlinson needs an all pro LT and All pro OC to look good.

Wer have been talking about the OL since JD came on board.  JD has done a lot to try and improve the OL.  At this point, the Jets should have one of the better OL's in the league and yet they are still at the bottom regardless of what any useless fanboy stats say (looking at PFF).  I am just not as confident as you or some others are that the OL will be any better this year vs years past.  I am a "prove it to me" guy, not a "if this and this happens then we should have this" guy. 

14 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

So, we'll give up the 13th overall and whatever for 1 year of Rodgers I guess. 

I highly doubt the jets give up pick 13. The price for Rodgers has dropped. You see reports now that suggest a first round pick is not even in play and that GB will eat some of the contract. I think the VERY most will be just a second this year. The market is just not there for GB. The Jets are the only team now for Rodgers. Remember Rodgers holds all the cards. Why would he want to take away draft capital on his last chance for a ring. I think GB is in trouble here. They have a huge cap hit with him and he is 39 years old. GB is willing to get what they can and move on. 

I too am optimistic about our OL. I think Laken rebounds a bit, AVT, Becton, And Brown come back healthy, and Max Mitchell showed he can play in this league. They'll figure out center and get some depth/guys to compete but I don't think this unit is anything less than league average when healthy, with pretty high upside.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, xrade said:

You may want to check with Detroit about his play there.

According to some, Brown and McG were above average.  I certainly did not see it but what do I know.  Apparently, Tomlinson needs an all pro LT and All pro OC to look good.

Wer have been talking about the OL since JD came on board.  JD has done a lot to try and improve the OL.  At this point, the Jets should have one of the better OL's in the league and yet they are still at the bottom regardless of what any useless fanboy stats say (looking at PFF).  I am just not as confident as you or some others are that the OL will be any better this year vs years past.  I am a "prove it to me" guy, not a "if this and this happens then we should have this" guy. 

Brown was below average and MCG was horrible in pass pro.  He was decent in run blocking though.  Not sure how anyone would suggest either were above average, that is clearly not true.

I would say two years ago they were average as a group and last year they were as well until mid year when things took a turn.  Really no reason to think they can't get back to average / slightly above average next year.

With Breece and better QB play that is an immediate boost no matter what happens.  Even a full year of Mike White helps because of how quick he gets the ball out.  It was a perfect storm last year, horrible QB play that nobody respected, blitzed constantly because of that and with the constant turnover it was a mess.  Not sure how you weather a storm of 7 OTs hitting IR.  We had zero run game threat because teams loaded the box.

Got to hope not all of those things happen again next year but they probably will.

Edited by Rockice_8

A healthy Becton transforms this line.  He is such a massive talent and looks fit so I'm holding out hope.  He stayed healthy in college from what I recall so hopefully these freak injuries are behind him.  Him looking slim as got me pumped at what could be though.  Breece running right behind AVT and Becton would be scary good.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

No matter what QB we end up, there will be a large portion of fans unhappy about something.  

Jets fans have a right to be skeptical about everything. If we acquired Mahomes tomorrow, my first reaction would be: "what don't WE know about him that KC knows?" 

I think we have earned the right to be skeptical about everything. That said, I did not want Derek Carr. I just did not see how a combination of Carr and Hackett was going to blossom here. Also, I really believe we need to aim higher than Derek Carr. 

Rodgers or bust for me...unless Lamar is being non-exclusive franchise tagged. Then I think he has to enter the picture. 

4 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Well, the asking price for Rodgers in trade just went up.

Curious to see what Carr ended up getting for years and guarantees.

Not for sure, maybe it does but maybe not.  If Rodgers wants us it won't if there are other bidders then it was always going to be high.  I don't see CAR or anyone else linked o him as viable so really its just us which will keep the price low.  Doubt Rodgers wants to go to CAR.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

Not for sure, maybe it does but maybe not.  If Rodgers wants us it won't if there are other bidders then it was always going to be high.  I don't see CAR or anyone else linked o him as viable so really its just us which will keep the price low.  Doubt Rodgers wants to go to CAR.

I mean, we lost leverage. Plus the saints weren't in on Rodgers so the Packers didn't lose a suitor. 

Unless Rodgers pulls some real drama like publicly saying he will refuse to play for anyone but the Jets, the Packers situation improved by having Carr sign.