QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

Flacco is gone after this year, maybe even White, I see the Jets drafting a QB or signing a FA in our future, not to mention another WR and OT, perhaps even a Guard as well. Davis will be going into his last year of the contract as a FA, our OL at T is in flux. Not to mention Moore and Mims wanting to be traded. The WR room thins out rather quickly. In fact depending on who's available a WR in round 1 is not out of the question. On the D side of the ball the Jets need to add a NT to shore up the line a true run stopper. 

The Jets could also use some much needed infusion of youth at LB.

The Jets will have 25 FA's on the team next year 9-10 of which the Jets could resign. It will no doubt be interested to see.

32 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I agree. At this point I would be mad if we went with Carr over White. I would rather have Mayfield than Carr. 

I'm just happy with White. He forces defenses to respect the pass and that's been opening things up just enough for the run to be decent. If Berrios hold on to the ball, we beat the Vikings. Today, he drove us down the field every time he came back from injury. There were a couple of things that happened out of his control including kicking a FG instead of going for it. 

I'm excited to see White with Hall, AVT, Knight, Wilson, Moore, and who else we may add to the offense this offseason. 

Here are some interesting stats

White is averaging 317ypg. The only other QB above 300 is Mahomes and he is also at 317ypg. 

White is averaging 7.4ypc. Josh Allen is at 7.6 and Burrow is at 7.8. 

White has 2ints. One came off Davis' hands and the other was a last throw in the endzone in the same game. 

His 62%comp. is right there with Carr, but 2 out of the 3 White games were bad weather games. Whit completed 66% last season. 

Is he Mahomes, Allen, and Burrow? No, but he's really good and I feel crazy when I think about replacing him. He has things to work on and he'll get a chance to do that. All I want now is for White to improve his TD/INT ratio get in the wildcard spot. 

I’m not sure if MFW is the answer just yet. He is certainly making it hard to argue against him but I just keep waiting for him to implode. Probably scars from last year against Buffalo on my part. I am looking forward to seeing him finish out the season. At that point we may have at least a decent set of data points to make the determination.

I am pulling for him and, so far, I like what I see. Upgrade the OL and we should be dangerous on O. I really want to see what he could do with a full offseason as “the guy”.

1 hour ago, ukjets21 said:

I'd be tempted next year to go with

QB1: Mike White

QB2: Sign a veteran (Minshew/Trubisky/etc.)

QB3: A late round flyer to compete with Wilson 

I could live with that as long as the vet knows he is a backup and not coming in to compete for the starting spot. Also, I don’t think we are getting rid of Wilson under any circumstance next year so why waste a pick on a fake “competition”?  Just keep developing Zach and see if he can maybe compete for starter role in 2024.  In fact, I think they are going to want Zach and MFW to battle it out next offseason.

12 hours ago, xrade said:

I could live with that as long as the vet knows he is a backup and not coming in to compete for the starting spot. Also, I don’t think we are getting rid of Wilson under any circumstance next year so why waste a pick on a fake “competition”?  Just keep developing Zach and see if he can maybe compete for starter role in 2024.  In fact, I think they are going to want Zach and MFW to battle it out next offseason.

I don't think it's a waste, the way he has played Zach is like a late round flyer and that's where he should be on the roster. A waste of a roster spot would be carrying a turd with no competition for his spot. Worst case scenario that guy is probably on our PS for the season.

29 minutes ago, ukjets21 said:

I don't think it's a waste, the way he has played Zach is like a late round flyer and that's where he should be on the roster. A waste of a roster spot would be carrying a turd with no competition for his spot. Worst case scenario that guy is probably on our PS for the season.

I guess I just don’t see them carrying 4 QB’s. I also really don’t think they’d get of Zach next year. Maybe 2024 if he doesn’t improve. 

7 hours ago, xrade said:

I guess I just don’t see them carrying 4 QB’s. I also really don’t think they’d get of Zach next year. Maybe 2024 if he doesn’t improve. 

I don't see why we wouldn't consider cutting him if he wasn't improving. He's comfortably the worst starting QB we've had in my 15 years following the team, other teams have got rid of QB's at his level this fast. It isn't even just his poor play, it's clear that the entire team despised having him start and he would have to improve to basically being a top 10 player to overcome that.

35 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

No thank you on Minshew. The guy started out good but then declined from there. 

He’s a much better option than someone like Carr. We aren’t getting anyone better if we are keeping White around. Also take a look at his stats. Where is the decline your talking about?

Edited by GangGreen420