QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

22 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

Vikings: That last quarter MW was having trouble hitting anyone and almost had 3 picks on the day - and against arguably the worst pass defense in the league.

Bills: Flacco doesn't go in if Mike White doesn't take those hits. Saves us one TO. His legs also didn't help his sacks. We moved from BUF to NYJ territory 3 times from sacks, once from the 40 on a MW fumble.

Vikings: he still put us in a position to win and put the ball in Berrios hands on a game winning pass. “Almost picks” is a weak argument.

Bills: what hits are you referring to? The Milano hit? The one where he kept his eyes downfield, stepped up and delivered a downfield strike to Moore before he got blasted? That was the bad one and he did exactly what he was supposed to do. Or the one with untouched free rusher that was there in about a second? Also it’s Flaccos fault and his solely for that fumble. He’s a veteran and it was unacceptable - literally cost him his job.

Edited by GangGreen420

5 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

No offense, but this is the laziest, worst take going around the Jets fan base right now. If this was the case, why would they bench him?

You really think Zach Wilson was the reason we went 5-2? And then downplay Mike White as some type of dink and dunk artist who’s “thrown 0 tds and 2 ints” the last 2 weeks?

Wilson will get another shot and hopefully he excels however unlikely, but let’s at least keep it real here.

Wins and losses matter. How it happens doesn’t matter. Sorry you don’t like that that fact is a fact. But it is. This isn’t me saying Wilson > White. It’s me saying this false narrative that Wilson was losing games for us and White is really good is false. Wilson was 5-2 and white is 1-2. And whites thrown 0 TDs and 2 INTs in those losses. Which happen to be the 2 latest games.

2 things need to happen in this fan base.

1. Recognize that white isn’t as good as most the fan base seems to think he is. And criticize him just like you’d criticize Wilson.

2. Wilson isn’t as bad as most this fan base thinks he is. He’s young and the game got too fast for him. A step back is exactly what he needed. And we’ll have to wait and see what he looks like next time he plays. Can’t see if he’s learned yet.

1 hour ago, GangGreen420 said:

Vikings: he still put us in a position to win and put the ball in Berrios hands on a game winning pass. “Almost picks” is a weak argument.

Bills: what hits are you referring to? The Milano hit? The one where he kept his eyes downfield, stepped up and delivered a downfield strike to Moore before he got blasted? That was the bad one and he did exactly what he was supposed to do. Or the one with untouched free rusher that was there in about a second? Also it’s Flaccos fault and his solely for that fumble. He’s a veteran and it was unacceptable - literally cost him his job.

So "almost won it" is a solid argument but "almost picks" is a weak one? That's pretty nit picky. In the end, he did bupkis against a weak secondary and we lost - no "almost" there.

You're not getting what I'm putting down. I'm saying he's weak at moving in the pocket - it's a valid criticism. If he keeps taking hits and sacks and it keeps putting us back or taking him out of the game, how is that going to help us? Had he been more mobile or more aware, there's a good chance we avoid those negative plays.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Wins and losses matter. How it happens doesn’t matter. Sorry you don’t like that that fact is a fact. But it is. This isn’t me saying Wilson > White. It’s me saying this false narrative that Wilson was losing games for us and White is really good is false. Wilson was 5-2 and white is 1-2. And whites thrown 0 TDs and 2 INTs in those losses. Which happen to be the 2 latest games.

1. Recognize that white isn’t as good as most the fan base seems to think he is. And criticize him just like you’d criticize Wilson.

2. Wilson isn’t as bad as most this fan base thinks he is. He’s young and the game got too fast for him. A step back is exactly what he needed. And we’ll have to wait and see what he looks like next time he plays. Can’t see if he’s learned yet.

1. I recognise White isn't anything more than a league average QB, he's similar to Andy Dalton. But he's miles better than Wilson and shouldn't be criticised like he's a worse player just to make a few people who like Wilson happy.

2. He is, he's absolutely awful, has made no progress at all, and has no future in this league. I'd love to be wrong.

8 hours ago, ukjets21 said:

1. I recognise White isn't anything more than a league average QB, he's similar to Andy Dalton. But he's miles better than Wilson and shouldn't be criticised like he's a worse player just to make a few people who like Wilson happy.

2. He is, he's absolutely awful, has made no progress at all, and has no future in this league. I'd love to be wrong.

The  problem is you are right Wilson, is god awful. Wilson is miles behind all the new young QB in the NFL. I can't believe we drafted the wrong QB again.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Yes wins and losses matter but it’s a weak narrative. Wilson was losing games for us, it’s a fact. It’s why he’s on the bench. There were plenty of fans and media that said it was an “unsustainable” way of winning throwing for sub 200 yards a game, and the days would come where teams would test Wilson’s arm. The coaching staff seemed to recognize this as well.

1. Again he’s playing QB way better than Wilson ever has. Why would he be criticized the same? You also tried to paint some narrative that White can’t push the ball downfield, which I showed you numbers was completely false. And yes again with the 0 td and 2 int. Zach Wilson threw 4 touchdowns ALL YEAR. I’m thinking it may be a play calling issue in the red zone.

2. Wilson is just as bad as this fan base thinks he is until he proves otherwise.

White isn’t the reason we are 1-2 just like Wilson isn’t the reason we were 5-2. You’re right it doesn’t matter HOW it happens, and it certainly had nothing to do with the QB.

Edited by GangGreen420
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

So "almost won it" is a solid argument but "almost picks" is a weak one? That's pretty nit picky. In the end, he did bupkis against a weak secondary and we lost - no "almost" there.

You're not getting what I'm putting down. I'm saying he's weak at moving in the pocket - it's a valid criticism. If he keeps taking hits and sacks and it keeps putting us back or taking him out of the game, how is that going to help us? Had he been more mobile or more aware, there's a good chance we avoid those negative plays.

He got us in scoring position with a chance to win the game. That’s what you need him to do. So yes, he did enough. Could he have played a better game? Sure, it was also his 4th start. What exactly should we be expecting from him? Our backup QB put us in scoring position to win a road game against a 10 win team.

It’s obvious to anyone White is immobile. But to say he “shouldn’t be taking hits” like the Milano hit is crazy talk. That’s how you play position. There was the one egregious one where he should have thrown it away, but that happens to all QBs sometimes. MLF and the oline already took responsibility for him getting pummeled.

Edited by GangGreen420

8 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Yes wins and losses matter but it’s a weak narrative. Wilson was losing games for us, it’s a fact. You saw it in New England. There were plenty of fans and media that said it was an “unsustainable” way of winning. 

1. Again he’s playing QB way better than Wilson ever has. Why would he be criticized the same? You also tried to paint some narrative that White can’t push the ball downfield, which I showed you numbers was completely false. And yes again with the 0 td and 2 int. Zach Wilson threw 4 touchdowns ALL YEAR. I’m thinking it may be a play calling issue in the red zone.

2. Wilson is just as bad as this fan base thinks he is until he proves otherwise.

White isn’t the reason we are 1-2 just like Wilson isn’t the reason we were 5-2. 

Once again for like the 10th time. I'm not saying Wilson is good. My mere point in all this, is some of you dislike Wilson so much that you think White is good. White isn't good either. And the White fanboys refuse to criticize him. Yet have 0 problem bashing Wilson.

I'll start pointing out your points by once again saying I'm not at all screaming for Wilson to go back in. My point is to show White isn't as good as you all think. And I'm using Wilsons stats to compare. Because after all they're playing on the same team and system. Record and all 100% is into consideration. Because in case you forgot... the point of the game is to win games. Doesn't matter how. So record while starter to me will always be my #1 stat.

1. The way I see it is White has 4 TDs (1 rushing) and 2 INTs in 3 games and is 1-2. Wilson was 5-2 and had 5 TDs to 5 INTs. The way you and others talk, is as if this gap between the 2 players is huge and White is vastly better than Wilson. When that just isn't the case.

2. Wilson is 23 with a lot of talent. So I wont give up on him for at least another season. And 100% he has to show he can improve to play in this league. But this fan base is kidding themselves if they think he wont get another chance to be the starter. In fact I'd bet that he's our Week 1 starter next season. Bc if he's even close and is improved come next TC. He will win the job bc of the potential with him.

And White is the reason we're 1-2. Especially the MIN game. He lost us that game. And that's what started me with this narrative. His 1st pick was thrown behind Davis allowing it to pop up into the air. He if you take out the last couple of drives wasn't moving the ball great against the worst secondary by statistics in the league. Yes the same D DET who were playing them just threw all over. So it's not like MINs secondary has been good lately. No White wasn't getting it done against MIN. Anytime your O is kicking 5 FGs that's on the QB to a decent extent. And to win the game with the game on the line he on 3rd down wastes a play lobbing it to a corner fade when Wilson never got off the line. There's a thing called progressions. And he never even cared to look where Wilson was and see that wasn't going anywhere and go to another read. And then on 4th to win the game he throws the ball behind Berrios and a very easy pass for an NFL QB to make. If he can put that thing even close to where its supposed to be. We win that game. 100% he was a major part to that loss.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Once again for like the 10th time. I'm not saying Wilson is good. My mere point in all this, is some of you dislike Wilson so much that you think White is good. White isn't good either. And the White fanboys refuse to criticize him. Yet have 0 problem bashing Wilson.

I'll start pointing out your points by once again saying I'm not at all screaming for Wilson to go back in. My point is to show White isn't as good as you all think. And I'm using Wilsons stats to compare. Because after all they're playing on the same team and system. Record and all 100% is into consideration. Because in case you forgot... the point of the game is to win games. Doesn't matter how. So record while starter to me will always be my #1 stat.

1. The way I see it is White has 4 TDs (1 rushing) and 2 INTs in 3 games and is 1-2. Wilson was 5-2 and had 5 TDs to 5 INTs. The way you and others talk, is as if this gap between the 2 players is huge and White is vastly better than Wilson. When that just isn't the case.

2. Wilson is 23 with a lot of talent. So I wont give up on him for at least another season. And 100% he has to show he can improve to play in this league. But this fan base is kidding themselves if they think he wont get another chance to be the starter. In fact I'd bet that he's our Week 1 starter next season. Bc if he's even close and is improved come next TC. He will win the job bc of the potential with him.

And White is the reason we're 1-2. Especially the MIN game. He lost us that game. And that's what started me with this narrative. His 1st pick was thrown behind Davis allowing it to pop up into the air. He if you take out the last couple of drives wasn't moving the ball great against the worst secondary by statistics in the league. Yes the same D DET who were playing them just threw all over. So it's not like MINs secondary has been good lately. No White wasn't getting it done against MIN. Anytime your O is kicking 5 FGs that's on the QB to a decent extent. And to win the game with the game on the line he on 3rd down wastes a play lobbing it to a corner fade when Wilson never got off the line. There's a thing called progressions. And he never even cared to look where Wilson was and see that wasn't going anywhere and go to another read. And then on 4th to win the game he throws the ball behind Berrios and a very easy pass for an NFL QB to make. If he can put that thing even close to where its supposed to be. We win that game. 100% he was a major part to that loss.

LOL at this post. You just come off as upset that White is out performing Wilson, I won’t bother anymore. The fact that you want Jets fans to be harsher on White isn’t going to make Wilson any better. 

He doesn’t get the same criticism because he’s a better player right now, period. 

Edited by GangGreen420

8 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

LOL at this post. You just come off as upset that White is out performing Wilson, I won’t bother anymore. The fact that you want Jets fans to be harsher on White isn’t going to make Wilson any better. 

He doesn’t get the same criticism because he’s a better player right now, period. 

No you don't criticize a 1-2 QB bc you hate Wilson. That's the difference. I can criticize both.

I think Wilson is trash and I'm one of the very few that hated the pick and wanted to trade down bad and keep Sam for that year. I think White is our best QB since Pennington. I don't care about stats or this or that. I watch the game and go by what I see and feel. I would also like to add that i don't like this group of QB's. I think you might have 1 or 2 starting QB's who will be average or below. I don'd see any of these QB's being a top 10 QB in their career. I do see Mike White as a top 10 QB from here on out. In the end I also think that Archie Manning will be a Jet and take Mike White spot.

54 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’m not the one creating false narratives and going out of my way telling other fans who they should criticize and who they shouldn’t.

It's ok to admit you're a Mike White Fanboy. That'll help your narrative that he's great and Wilson's trash.

It's still baffling to me that you think White is great.

Better than Wilson doesn't equal being a good QB.

And any and all players on our roster are subject criticism. Same way as we praise them when they do good.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Archie Manning will be a Jet and take Mike White spot.

I don't think this franchise is lucky enough for that, and I also don't see our young crew going 0-17 anytime soon. We are going to have to do it with a vet like the Rams did or hope one of these guys can be a good enough game manager with a post-season spark ala Eli, Flacco.

13 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It's ok to admit you're a Mike White Fanboy. That'll help your narrative that he's great and Wilson's trash.

It's still baffling to me that you think White is great.

Better than Wilson doesn't equal being a good QB.

And any and all players on our roster are subject criticism. Same way as we praise them when they do good.

You’re clearly triggered 

Again, you tried to create false narratives and you’re upset that the backup is out performing a QB you probably stanned all off-season for who’s worse than JaMarcus Russel lol

White is more than likely not our QBOTF. But he’s not why we’re losing games.