Paxton to Start - Let the bid for the Bottom Begin!

jsthomp2007

Just a thought.

Wouldn't it be great for Elway if we can eke out a win with Paxton at QB. At that point he can put him on IR, don't want to risk the future ya know.

Now the pressure will be off going into the draft. No fans will be calling for a reach at QB and Elway can draft BPA.

Oh yeah, thanks guys. You gave me the name, Orlando Brown. Watched him a bit. IMO he'll be overdrafted. He's huge and a bull but not the quickness/agility you want on the left side. (still very quick for a guy his size) Someone will draft him for LT and he'll be mighty average. Kinda the same with Maglinchey? Did I spell that right? Anyway, the tall LT for Notre Dame. He'll struggle on the left side but like Brown would be a large upgrade for us on the right side. He'll be overdrafted also, probably ahead of his teammate Nelson. IMO that would be a joke, but I'll bet it happens.

Starting Paxton the rest of the year is just to try to get his trade value up in my opinion.  That's why they are dumming things down just keep it basic.

I'd love to see Paxton play well these last 6 games while still losing all of them. If he could some how play like a younger Colin Kap. We could get rid of him say to Arizona in the offseason for a high pick.

If Paxton plays well these 6 games he's still on the books cheaply for 3 years. That might intrigue some teams. 

I'd love to see Paxton play well these last 6 games while still losing all of them. If he could some how play like a younger Colin Kap. We could get rid of him say to Arizona in the offseason for a high pick.

Paxton may have physical talent but he isn't NEAR Colin in regards to making explosive plays on the ground. Lynch was never a big play runner like Colin. People forget those gazelle strides Kaep showed early on in his career. If he got 3-4 steps, he was like a marathon runner with his long striding.

Lynch never showed the long striding or quick twitch of Colin. He is a good athlete for his height, but nothing that outrageous. I mean he ran a 4.86 40. This idea that he is a dual threat QB is totally off base. He is a guy that is better at picking up 4-6 yards than our past QB's, but that doesn't make him anywhere near a Colin Kaep.

I understand it doesn't tell the whole story but Peyton Manning had a faster 40 time at 4.80 than Lynch at 4.86. Think about that.

Paxton is just a rocket armed, slightly above average athlete (For a NFL QB) with a tall, but lanky, frame and zero feel for the game.

He is a train wreck.

Doesn't throw his guys open, doesn't have touch, doesn't have accuracy, doesn't have 'NFL-running-QB-athleticism', doesn't have pocket presence, the game is too fast for him, the field is too big for him, and now his size (Which he used to get ground yards in college more so than his speed) isn't allowing him to push over defenders for those running yards.

I think he is going to prove to be a worse NFL QB than Brock, who at least gave us a really nice little stretch of games that led to a Super Bowl. Lynch will have to drastically exceed my expectations to prove a better pick than Osweiler, who at least gave us a notable string of games at a very opportune time.

Archived